Author Topic: Navman's Retreat (Updated 02.07.2014)  (Read 3540 times)

PeterW

Navman's Retreat (Updated 02.07.2014)
« on: January 24, 2016, 12:10:11 PM »
I have the Navman's Retreat (Updated 02.07.2014) installed on FSX.  I noticed that it doesn't have a code in the FSX Scenery Library when I tried to make a flight plan such as Misty's Place (PF20) to NVMAN.  I don't know how to make a flight plan from scratch.  Any ideas please.  Maybe some one has a link that would to how to make a flight plan using notepad or something or any other suggestion would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 02:34:11 PM by PeterW »
Peter

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Navman's Retreat (Updated 02.07.2014)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 01:02:10 PM »
Hi PeterW,
     Doesn't the scenery come with a flightplan in the zip?  VFR Ketchikan Intl to Navman's Retreat.pln?  I have one on my system.  Try this ...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpiv9l1so07l3vs/VFR%20Ketchikan%20Intl%20to%20Navman%27s%20Retreat.zip?dl=0
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 01:05:20 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

PeterW

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 02:37:40 PM »
Thank you.  Maybe I should start at PF20, load the flight plan your referenced and then just fly from Mistys Place direct to NAVMAN.  I have just been using the FSX flight planner.

PeterW
Peter

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 04:04:27 PM »
Yes, Misty's Place is very near to PAKT.  The flightplan would work just fine from PF20 too.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dieter

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 04:00:19 AM »
Info:
Navman's Retreat is an updated version of Bradfield River which is an unlisted strip (no ICAO code) that comes with Orbx Pacific Fjords.
The indicated flightplan from PAKT to there works well.
(Problem: you cannot start a flightplan from an unlisted airfield.)
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

PeterW

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 01:38:31 PM »
Thanks.  I have been trying to do that.
Peter

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 09:57:57 AM »
Maybe this would help. If you go to Here2There - HERE.   In this zip there are over 800 flight plans already done for you both TO and FROM all RTMM locations. In that package, you will find:

#Navman's Retreat from Ketchikan-land-land-water.pln
=Navman's Retreat to Ketchikan Intl.pln

The # flight plan takes you TO Navman's Retreat and the = flight plan guides you from Navman's Retreat back to Ketchikan.  There is a full explanation of how these work at the site location referenced above.

I don't think people realize all the work that has gone into this huge file of flight plans. These include To/From plans from ALL of the USFS cabins too, including the "missing cabins."  There are over 800 flight plans in this zip file that comes down very quickly.  You can download the plans individually from each Scenery Area download location, but you can have them all at once by downloading the "RTMM Flight Plans.zip" file on the Here2There page.

I'm rechecking and revising (when necessary) all of these, (I'm in the "D's" now) and making sure each one works correctly, making some adjustments as I go to make them better. On any plan that needs an altitude of greater than 1200 feet, I'm indicating the "highest altitude necessary" for the plan by putting that altitude after the name of the plan.  Also, if they are helicopter only, you will see "Heli" after the name of the plan. (This is true only into the "D's" ... I'm doing all of them). I fly each plan, real-time. I am trying to create the plan so you are always flying at or near 1200 feet above the terrain. And I'm flying them on MistyMoorings on TwitchTV ... you can drop by and watch the process, all are welcome.

Going from a NON-AIRPORT location to an airport is a little different, the instructions are at the site. But you have to POSITION yourself at the location using the MAP feature in the sim. MOST of our locations have lat/long coordinates on the Here2There page. (RTMM STARTING POINTS ). You place your aircraft and load the plan. Then when you take off, you head for the track and turn on your gps, it will track you back to the airport.

My goal for this project is to have all of the plans updated, checked and renamed if necessary. Once they are all done, I'd like to have all flight plans in ONE place. The zip file would then become the source for all flight plans for RTMM.  Check it out. A lot of work is already done for you.  Long range, I plan to re-do the RTMM STARTING POINTS section. I'll be making sure that every location is in that table (some are missing). These are important if you want to fly FROM a location TO an airport.

Doug
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 10:03:32 AM by Doug »

PeterW

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2016, 02:09:18 AM »
Info:
Navman's Retreat is an updated version of Bradfield River which is an unlisted strip (no ICAO code) that comes with Orbx Pacific Fjords.
The indicated flightplan from PAKT to there works well.
(Problem: you cannot start a flightplan from an unlisted airfield.)

I just realized that from your post that the runway does not come with Navman's Retreat.  This must be why I can't see the runway.  Is this correct?  I have been using Ultimate Alaska X.  I had read somewhere, which I can't find, that I didn't need ORBX to get the runways and basic area.  I wonder...
Peter

Dieter

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2016, 04:06:15 AM »
I just realized that from your post that the runway does not come with Navman's Retreat.
That's correct. This is an unlisted airstrip from Orbx Pacific Fjords (Bradfield River). The small RTMM addon "Navman's Retreat" just puts some additional objects into this airfield area.
Pacific Fjords is a highly recommended (!) area otherwise you will experience problems with those RTMM sceneries which are established here.

Ultimate Alaska (Flight1) provides many airfields but only ICAO coded airfields.  Bradfield River is not amongst them.
Additionally Ultimate Alaska will never supersede a full fat Orbx area like PF or SAK or all others. Orbx areas are "equipped" with everything: scenery, objects, mesh and landclass. This makes UT "not needed" in Orbx areas.
Therefore, when using any Flight1 UT software, these scenery entries must have a lower priority in scenery.cfg that all Orbx stuff.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

PeterW

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2016, 01:14:01 PM »
Thank you.  It looks like the post I read was wrong that said  I didn't need ORBX scenery.
Peter