Author Topic: problems at PAPG  (Read 9540 times)

av8erjm

problems at PAPG
« on: December 13, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
landed at PAPG and taxied up to Brads  and low and behold I'm missing something, has anyone else have missing textures for the vehicles. For good measure I reloaded all three parts of the RTMM object libraries, but that didn't seem to help and the object tester said I had all the proper libraries, So I don't know if it's even a RTMM problem, or maybe a corrupted ORBX thing. Anyway any ideas???

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: problems at PAPG
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 12:11:59 AM »
What does your scenery object tester look like? That ought to tell you something.

jsapair
Jsapair

Dieter

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 03:22:34 AM »
@av8erjm
Your missing objects (trucks, cars) have nothing to do with any Orbx stuff.
This scenery is SIRP depot from the S.I.R.P. package by Mike Broemme.
These missing objects are taken from the RTMM library "EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D"
==> FSXP3D ez-extra-objects-1.bgl

So please recheck if the complete RTMM library is installed correctly.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
VIP, CSV
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 09:44:02 AM »
Firstly, Great job on the Scenery Brad..
The BC Lighthouses by Mike Mann is also a nice addition.
Dieter, thanks for the suggestions and the csv for Brad's new VIP North Island for Plan G.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
thanks to the vectors, when I get home tonite I'll have a look

av8erjm

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 05:20:04 PM »
OK I've downloaded all 3 parts of the RTMM  unzipped and put each file the addon scenery folder and the activated them in the scenery program in FSX all this to no avail still have the black spot for the vehicle but no texture to the object. I've run the object tester 10/6/2015 which seems to be the last version, the only thing I can think of now is reload the SIRP pkg and see what shakes out

Jaspair the tester shows every thing is loading and working perfectly

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 05:37:56 PM »
I'm not sure at all but looking at the screen shots I think the missing textures are from some FedEx trucks that were included with the "FedEx Depots" download under F on the scenery page.
 8)
Later,

Spud

av8erjm

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 07:16:48 PM »
I was really hoping the FEDEX would have fixed it but no joy,  deleted the SIRP scenery downloaded from the site again and reloaded and activated, still the same old song, then for a lark while parked there I disallowed the SIRP scenery and everything was gone. Not sure what that meant, if there's a problem in the SIRP scenery or what, but my patience is just about to its end. I thought if it was an easy fix yippee, but that doesn't seem to be. So if some trips over a solution, but I'm at my wits end, with loading and reloading with the same result, not blaming, just frustrated

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 11:35:22 PM »
Make sure you don't have duplicates of those objects libraries activated.  ;)

FYI-
(I am looking at my PAPG trucks right now, and they are showing textures correctly for me in P3Dv3.  No black objects anywhere.)

« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:16:13 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Dieter

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 05:13:13 AM »
@av8erjm
I rechecked the scenery.
There is no doubt these objects are definitely part of:
RTMM library "EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D" ==> FSXP3D ez-extra-objects-1.bgl

@Spud
His missing cars are no Fedex trucks.

Dieter

Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 08:16:52 AM »
av8rjm,
This quick test will help track down if you somehow have duplicates of the objects on your system, as Jeff mentions. Locate TRUCK_GMC_YOGURT.DDS on your system and move it to your main FSX or P3D texture folder. Reload the scenery and see if the Yogurt truck now displays. Report back with your results.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:22:22 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 12:04:32 PM »
OK here I go, bear with me,
@ Dieter I downloaded  RTMM object library again on 12/13/15, in it  was RTMM Required Objects Library FSXP3D Pt 1 1/27/15, in it is EZ Scenery Library FSXP3D 6/7/14 and in it I find no  FSXP3D ez-extra-objects-1.bgl in scrolling down the list I did find a bgl named FSXP3D jrm_ez-extra-objects-1.bgl, not sure if that's what your referring to or if that could be the culprit

@Ulani, now  I did a search for the yogurt dds  and came up with 5 dds files and one was in the EZSceneryLibaryFSXP3D\texture folder, I took that that file and copied n' pasted into the main texture file and when I reloaded FSX I now have a truck parked at Brad's

Now here's something the confusing me, you guys are saying I shouldn't have duplicate folder IE: a EZ scenery folder and a EZ  scenery folder FSXP#D folder an should delete one but wouldn't that cause problems if I go to a non RTMM scenery outside RTMM boundaries or even ORBX boundaries

at any rate thanks to everyone, I'll try to check in tonite when I get home from the airport

Dieter

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 01:22:16 PM »
I did a re-download of "RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D Part I_1-27-15.zip" just to check the contents:
The unpacked folder \EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D
has
258 scenery files (bgl)
2793 texture files (dds)

In \scenery are  amongst all others
- FSXP3D ez-extra-objects-1.bgl
and
 FSXP3D jrm_ez-extra-objects-1.bgl

Btw, I assume you deleted all former outdated libraries like EZ-Scenery, RWY12 and so on. 

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 02:30:44 PM »
Deleting your original Ez Scenery, and for that matter as Dieter says (if you have it) delete RW12. This will not affect any scenery that falls outside of ours. Our RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D Part I_1-27-15.zip contains the same objects. The difference between the original EZ Scenery and the one we provide is that our library has been made fully compatible with FSXP3D. Delete any other copies of EZ!
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
Now here's something the confusing me, you guys are saying I shouldn't have duplicate folder IE: a EZ scenery folder and a EZ  scenery folder FSXP#D folder an should delete one but wouldn't that cause problems if I go to a non RTMM scenery outside RTMM boundaries or even ORBX boundaries

To be clear, (I hope), we are working with a library here.  Not the objects in the scenery.  If you have duplicate libraries, the objects could be called out of one library file (the first one the computer finds), and if the texture is not with it, it will show black.  So make sure you only have one library set for the computer to use.  That is the libraries that start with FSXP3D in their name in our case.
     The location (Lat/Lon) of the sceneries within/outside Orbx or RTMM makes absolutely no difference to how the objects are being displayed.  All objects are generated from the library set and placed at the coordinates designated in their individual scenery folder bgl's.  Deleting outdated and duplicate libraries only eliminates the confusion the computer encounters when searching libraries for that object.  Clear as mud.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P