Author Topic: problems at PAPG  (Read 9607 times)

av8erjm

Re: problems at PAPG
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »
OK tonite I will delete any of the sceneries that are duplicates and see if that helps, by the time I got home last nite all I could think about was the pillow. Not a day off until after Christmas now, even the DFO is out on the tarmac

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 01:31:09 PM »
Just to clarify, it isn't any sceneries that you need to delete; it's duplicate object libraries.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 11:17:20 AM »
OK here's the latest,  unactivated and took out all the  library files and downloaded AGAIN all three parts and unzipped and put all the library folders in the addon scenery folder activated them above ORBX and below the RTMM  fired up FSX and same thing black silhouette where the vehicles are. Then in a fit of rage I took the texture files in the ez folder and copied them and pasted them in the main texture file. VIOLA when I fired up the sim a second time everything was as it should have been, everything is showing, I don't know why, and if you explained it to me I don't know I'd understand. Thanks for everyone's ideas and help and for now it's working so I'll just leave it, Merry Christmas to one and all

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2015, 12:35:34 PM »
If this is the case then you definitely have a duplicate set of the EZ object libraries, or at least some of them, elsewhere.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2015, 01:07:09 PM »
The duplicate library objects were apparently already on your system, probably from scenery downloads from other sources.  When you installed the required RTMM libraries via our downloads and placed them correctly as you did in the Addon Scenery folder of FSX the older objects were located somewhere else on your HD and became duplicate objects.  From what you wrote it appears the main texture folder could be where they resided.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2015, 01:38:40 PM »
They dupes wouldn't have been, or are in, the main texture folder since placing the textures there fixed the problem. They are hiding somewhere else. A thorough search should locate them.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2015, 01:43:52 PM »
Putting the textures into the main texture folder was a band-aid solution.  It will cause the objects to show up, but you still have duplicate libraries.  What you should have done is delete ALL EZ scenery libraries on your system, then re-install the latest version into the correct location.  Then you would have cleaned up the error, and had a streamlined system, with the files in their correct locations.  Now, how are you going to extract those textures from your main texture folder?  Good luck with that.  ;)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:24:50 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2015, 01:52:04 PM »
Moving the EZ files to the Main Tex. Folder got things working probably because it eliminated the duplicate files with the new files.  Now if he just 'copied' the files and left the originals in the RTMM Lib as well then it shouldn't have worked.
Of course as pointed out a thorough search for 'EZ' files and elimination of duplicates is the correct solution.
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2015, 06:38:42 PM »
To clear up some confusion, moving the EZ textures to the main texture folder wouldn't eliminate any duplicates with new files; there shouldn't have been any EZ textures in there to begin with. Copying them to the main texture folder and leaving the originals in the RTMM EZ folder will make it work. As Jeff says, and I said previously, he should make every effort to find the other non-RTMM EZ set on his system, delete it and then delete the set of textures that he put into the main texture folder. That's why I told him to just put the TRUCK_GMC_YOGURT.DDS in the main texture folder as a test in order to determine if he had a duplicate EZ library hanging around. I never told him to move every texture there if the truck displayed after doing so. At this point if he has a huge mess in there and can't sort out the EZ textures but everything is showing as it should, then maybe he should just leave well enough alone.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2015, 12:09:12 PM »
OK my apologies to everyone who tried to help, blame it on long hours, lack of sleep or whatever. Finally it sunk in what Dieter and Ualani  were sayin' and my  not comprehending. first of all I deleted the revised main texture folder and put the orig main texture file  back in, sorry I didn't mentioned I made a back up of it before. Any who, then I did a search for  ez-extra-objects-1.bgl in the addon  scenery folder and up it pops also in a KIFP scenery for Laughlin/Bullhead airport that I have, I removed that line from the KIFP folder and lo  and behold PAPG is working correctly and the KIFP is working as well. so all is right with the world. To bad you guys couldn't have given me a probie slap to the back of the head. Again sincerest thanks to everyone who offered advice Merry Christmas, Hanukkha, Winter Soltice or Happy Holiday if that works.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2015, 01:19:49 PM »
Nah,
no 'proby slaps' 'round here.  If you insist I guess Doug could ban ya for a couple of days! Actually this all falls into the only dumb question is the one you don't ask category.
Glad you got things sorted out.  Unfortunately this probably won't be the last time other scenery 'mucks up something else.  Even ORBX software is not imune.  The Monument Valley scenery they put out is effected by a third party software file that makes the buttes float in the air if you have the 3rd party scenery (I did).
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2015, 05:29:20 PM »
Don't feel bad because this same problem pops up frequently and it's a little difficult to explain the cure and then for the person with the issue to track down or absorb. Glad you figured it out and had a backup to help bail you out.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2015, 05:55:16 PM »
Make sure you don't have duplicates of those objects libraries activated.
To be clear, (I hope), we are working with a library here.  Not the objects in the scenery.
Putting the textures into the main texture folder was a band-aid solution.  It will cause the objects to show up, but you still have duplicate libraries.  What you should have done is delete ALL EZ scenery libraries on your system, then re-install the latest version into the correct location.

You're welcome.   ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 09:09:02 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

av8erjm

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 10:43:01 AM »
@ Jeff and your point is ???? LOL, like I said long days and lack of sleep is my only excuse, that and not taking time to really read and understand what was being said, because I'm running late for work, like I am now

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 08:14:20 PM »
@ Jeff and your point is ???? LOL, like I said long days and lack of sleep is my only excuse, that and not taking time to really read and understand what was being said, because I'm running late for work, like I am now

I got the feeling you weren't reading my posts, that's all.

Happy holidays to you.  Get some sleep.  (but not at work, eh).  Glad your texture problem is sorted out.