Author Topic: Cessna Caravan (New Jump Plane)  (Read 7698 times)

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
Cessna Caravan (New Jump Plane)
« on: May 26, 2017, 06:22:18 PM »
Went skydiving again today (no video of that, just did a Hop & Pop since I'm recovering from a shoulder injury) and I got some video of our new jump plane today, a Cessna Caravan.   Always fun to watch these pilots in action, they're pretty damn skilled.    I miss the Twin Otter that we had out there, but this plane is definitely fun to fly in.    Hmm.. Just realized, I've taken off in Caravans and Otters, but I've never landed in one...  :o

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:27:17 PM by Dan »

ryapad

• Site Contributor
  • Ryan Padgett
Re: Cessna Caravan (New Jump Plane)
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 06:58:51 PM »
It looks funny without the belly pod!  What happened to the twotter?
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:24:53 PM »
Twotter got reassigned to another dropzone, still flying strong  ;D

Here's a shot when I got to jump from it, love that plane..

« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:40:48 PM by Dan »

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »
Huh, looks like a perfectly good airplane, too. If that was me in that picture you can rest assured that someone physically threw me out the door. Great shots Dan, and a beauty of a plane.

jsapair
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2017, 01:35:19 AM »
Good airplanes are meant to fly in not depart from!
Always thought it was funny during Navy Flt. Training the first time you get to sit in a cockpit, even though it was just a training cockpit, They shoot your butt out with the ejection seat.  Only goes about 40' up some rails but its still exciting. The first time you get a wallet card called a OMAS card. (OH! My A##).
Never had to use the seat for real but re-trained yearly in case.
Only time I thought I was going to depart an A/C was as a T-34B Instructor.  Fly back to base with a student flying in the front pit on a warm summer day.  Decided to light up my pipe and relax.  Being a bit warm under the canopy I decided to open the canopy and enjoy some fresh air.  After a couple of min. I felt fire on my back.  Naturally thought of an aircraft fire first thing.  Then it dawned on me.  Opening the canopy had caused lower pressure that sucked the burning tobacco out of the pipe over my helmet and down my neck.  Learned my new thing for that day very quickly!  :D
 8)
Later,

Spud