Author Topic: The strange case of the missing fishing boat at Dog Salmon Creek  (Read 3428 times)

jer029

Ok,  after repeated attempts to reload scenery to get the troublesome fishing boat to appear at Dog Salmon creek (like it does in the picture).  My friend Larry discovered that he could restore the boat by using the Legacy scenery.  True enough - that was the only way I could get the boat at Dog Salmon Creek, even though the single bgl file for DSC appears to be identical, and just replacing that bgl didn't bring back the boat.  I finally just renamed the files in Legacy that matched the ones that I already had installed, then tried again.  Now I have the boat at DSC, and the scenery I already had is not duplicated as I renamed those files.  Perhaps that boat resides in another of those bgl scenes - yet can be accessed by DSC?

Still, I'm guessing that that boat should be available without the legacy scenery.  Also - that ugly ice berg thing from ninas is still in the Legacy but not in the regular download for Nina - another reason I try to stick with the individual downloads.

Lastly,  I've noted that the picnic area and cars at Herring Bay is underwater.  Perhaps this is just on my system, but I'll have to check with my fellow simmers on this.

No complaints though - just some general 'housekeeping' items you hardworking folks at RTMM might want to look into when you get a chance.

John

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: The strange case of the missing fishing boat at Dog Salmon Creek
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 10:52:48 AM »
In order to troubleshoot and fix the issues that you raise, we need screenshots of the offending location(s), preferably from several angles, as well as their coordinates. Otherwise it's like looking for a needle in a haystack for us.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jer029

Re: The strange case of the missing fishing boat at Dog Salmon Creek
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 01:02:59 PM »
Here is the pic and the lat-lon N55 20.85 W132 30.16

I'm talking about that little white and blue boat in front of my plane.  It won't show up with the regular download of Dog Salmon Creek, but will show up if I download the legacy library (even though it's not in the Dog Salmon Creek bgl.  Perhaps it's in one of the other files in Legacy.

John
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 01:10:30 PM by jer029 »