Author Topic: Congrats!!  (Read 20309 times)

BeaverDriver

Re: Congrats!!
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 09:43:04 AM »
Hehe, I hope he didn't "blow" the story out of proportion  ;D
Glenn (a.k.a. BeaverDriver, 'cause that's what I flew IRL :) )

Bushpounder

• Bushpounder's Bush Flying
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 11:22:31 PM »
There is a joke to be told here, but this isn't my forum so I'll just walk away and whistle! LOL!

BP;)

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 12:16:44 AM »
Oh, the things that could stem from this....
Dusty,

Yer cabin buzzin - skeeter swattin - moose chompin - wolverine wrastlin - airframe stressin - no fly fishin - tundra jumpin scoundrel of the Land O' the Midnite Sun

pivo11

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 07:05:12 AM »

Just thought I'd drop by and tell everyone that I have discovered some old photographs of Glenn that may interest you.  Some are quite colorful indeed.  I'm not sure that I should post them here, though.     

Ta,
Fritz

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 09:39:12 AM »
'slick' pictures, yes....... ;D
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »
I can not disclose the source of these files...

[spoiler]The virtual view (How he sees self) :

Reality (Not responsible for the trauma):

"I'm good enough and smart enough...jest a few more to go":
[/spoiler]

(admin edit: added spoiler link functionality, in case someone just ate lunch or whatnot)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:23:23 PM by Dan »
Dusty,

Yer cabin buzzin - skeeter swattin - moose chompin - wolverine wrastlin - airframe stressin - no fly fishin - tundra jumpin scoundrel of the Land O' the Midnite Sun

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 08:01:17 PM »
OK, ok now... Let's not go too far with picture posting.    Brad can't ban, but I can. ;)

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 09:51:09 PM »
Ban?
Are you serious?
I hope yer joking.
Dusty,

BeaverDriver

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2011, 10:07:04 AM »
Yeah, this one seems a tad persistent for reasons unknown to me too  ???

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2011, 10:11:05 AM »
Well I think we veered off course enough on that subject. So lets move on and keep ourselves focused on the "Bush" and not what we're wearing anymore. Okay?

Simple solution.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation.

pivo11

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2011, 12:36:34 PM »
G'day,

May I ask why some posts were censured from this thread? 

After my post of February 03, 2011, 07:05:12, to wit:

Just thought I'd drop by and tell everyone that I have discovered some old photographs of Glenn that may interest you.  Some are quite colorful indeed.  I'm not sure that I should post them here, though.     

Ta,
Fritz

There was at one time a reply by Brad that said: "I'll ban you if you don't", or something like that in response to the ongoing banter.    Where is that post now? 

After that missing post, I posted a greeting to some friends from other forums and closed with the line: Glenn.  Your costumes are ready.  Where is that post?

And anyway I call your attention to to this:

No actually I'm happy to see the old escapades reviving again! We need more of these shenanigans!

I love it!

So.  What's happening? 

I shall break all the rules once my tutu gets back from the cleaners.

Ta,
Fritz

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »
No censoring going on here.  The only thing put in was the "spoiler" link that expands to show pics.

If someone removed anything, they did it on their own accord.

Calm down people, don't get the pitchforks out yet, sheesh. ;)

(and in all seriousness though, are pics of fat bellies in spandex really needed on a flightsim forum?)

BeaverDriver

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2011, 01:28:09 PM »
OK, before this gets carried away here, I will say I never noticed those posts Fritz is referring to as having been gone (of course, I've been living in a fog the past couple of days (centuries  ;D)). I guess that would be a concern, but yeah, we are off topic so I suppose Dan has a point.

Truth is, this little band originates from Bushpounder and we've been giving each other the gears there pretty regularly for a long time. We are all very long time, very good friends so none of us take any of this seriously (anyone who thinks this ex RW bush pilot really DOES; or CAN; wear Spandex, wins a free, all expenses paid stay in "The Home" for an extended period <LOL>). The problem is, it's migrated over here and for folks coming from other points (i.e. the "sane" part of the world ;D), it all might sound a bit vicious or vindictive, and yeah, they'd probably be wondering what in hell they had stumbled into here and go running for the hills. It would be a misconception, but an understandable one.

So, what say we continue to fool around, but more about FS stuff and not about spandex. And Dusty, you really need to keep the pics behind locked doors because I'd hate for everyone to end up with an inferiority complex after seeing me in Spandex (sheesh, now I'm dellusional!) . And as for Fritz's tutu, well, let's just that one die on the spot (PUULLLEEEEEESSEEE  :o ;D ).

Sound ok by all? I'm ok with it  ;)

PS Dan - I too have noticed one of my posts have disappeared. If it's not being removed intentionally, there may be a problem with the site holding threads, so you may have to have a gander at that just in case. I'd hate to think I really am loosing my mind (I am, but I'd hate to think it)  :P :o ::) :o .
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:39:57 PM by BeaverDriver »

Dusty_Sourdough

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011, 01:35:25 PM »
I will say this Dan,
Fritz, Glenn, and Don and I have been hangin round for a while together. That happens to be in another flight sim forum known as Bushpounders. Yes, we do post pics from time to time, nothing vulgar. I am a bit confused as to your comment..."and in all seriousness though, are pics of fat bellies in spandex really needed on a flightsim forum"?

Really?

We are all grown men. We also like to let our hair (in some cases...very little up top) down & have fun bantering back & forth. We never had/have to explain ourselves to one another. Not sure why we gotta explain ourselves here?

I joined here because of the site & what I thought it stood for. A nice place to fellowship with friends both from our past & friends yet to meet. I was not aware of the missing posts (thank you Fritz). I still have yet to look. Why bother?

I am a retired police officer. I can assure you, I am not easily offended. I do have a dark humor as a result of all the evil things I have seen man do to one another (it's a coping mechanism), not shared on any public forums or any public venues, as most people do not understand that kind of humor. I am kinda shocked we need to explain ourselves here and have to "feel funny" for us just being us.

Yeah, that someone who removed something(s) appears to be forum personnel.
Folks here I believe are smart enough to put 2 + 2 together. If that is NOT how "it" is...by all means explain. Or is that for us lowly forum members to have to do all the explaining?
Dusty,

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »
I agree with BeaverDriver's post. Let's move on from this and realize that we're in a new forum here and still getting our feet wet. We're not even a week old yet so people are all excited about the new place and all that stuff.

I understand the fun nature'd ribbing that goes on in forums, and God knows I prefer that any day over the flaming and bashing that also rears it's ugly head in various forums that I've been in before.

I removed my posts from this forum. Why you may ask? Well, I guess I felt that my participation in the direction the post was migrating towards might have been improper for one of the staff members to take part in. So, I pulled them.

Is that the right thing to do? In hindsight, no, it's not. But, I felt that way at the time I did it so, it is what it is. Now, on that subject, there wasn't any nudity in the images shared, and I wanted to see them, so, I was probably the catalyst that suggested that they be posted here. So if anybody should be sat in the corner, it's me.  :-[

Anyway, this was a positive experience and I'll tell you why. I think we should create a forum where anything goes as long as it's in good taste and can be posted without breaking any laws. No copyrighted property, nudity or profanity mind you, but stuff that was in this message previously would be fine there. It can be off topic, so you can talk about anything you want in here.

A community of simmers such as we are has a lot of diversity, creativity and energy within and having a place to discuss our hobbies and other shared interests is something I want to participate in. So, I'm going to ask Dan to set us up with a forum where the mic is open and the Koolaid is spiked with some of "Dusty's" secret mix.

How's that sound to everyone?

Brad