Author Topic: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing  (Read 350510 times)

BBQSteve

Re: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2015, 11:21:04 AM »
It would seem that I would notice missing textures at other places if it were unable to read the texture file from within the ez library. Maybe I need to reload that library in FSX?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 01:04:38 PM »
No. Everything in our library and the EZ_Scenry library are the same, but for a few exceptions for technical reasons. Do not load the original, non-FSXP3D  EZ_Scenery library.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 01:07:32 PM »
Roger that, meant the Misty library which contains the EZ library.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »
A-HA SUCCESS! Rod can best provide the technical specifics (because I don't happen to recall them off the top of my head right now) and what to do for a "real" fix.

steve

The main scenery and texture folders have priority over those enabled via the scenery library.   You probably have at least one 3rd party library other than RTMM's or ORBX's libraries that are duplicating the same object/texture that we have in one of our libraries but the associated 3rd party texture file has been altered to be green versus blue.  It is rare but it can happen.  I avoid it by only using RTMM and ORBX libraries.  I don't use any other 3rd party sceneries or libraries.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2015, 09:42:53 PM »
Rod,
His original issue was that the texture was black.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2015, 11:13:34 PM »
Oops...for some reason it looked dark green to me....sorry about that.  However, since the texture looks okay to other people, then this is not the same kind of problem that exists with a few of the fed ex type textures.  One of BBQSteve's duplicate 3rd party bgls that probably has the same objects (eg. library_EZ-ga hangers ss.bgl) must have been orphaned from its accompanying texture folder.   The scenery is pulling the object from the duplicate .bgl and it cannot find its texture.  Putting the texture in the main texture folder made the texture available but to solve the root of the issue, the bad duplicate .bgl needs to be removed or reunited with its texture folder.

Rod   

BBQSteve

« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2015, 10:34:57 AM »
a) nothing has been moved except for the ez bgl requested above
b) there are two .bgl with the same name in two seperate scenery folders (library_ez-ga hangers ss.bgl)
FRF-KMSPv5 and FRF-KEYW sceneries. There is also another bgl library_ga hangars_ss_vol_2_v1.bgl These bgl's remain in their respective scenery folder.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2015, 10:53:57 AM »
You could try removing or adding an .off extension to the bgl's in your FRF sceneries and doing the same with the texture that you moved to your FSX texture folder. If this works then great; if not then I'd just undo the above and leave well enough alone since things work they way they stand right now. Just my opinion.

Just an observation; in your last post you said:

a) nothing has been moved except for the ez bgl requested above

Did you move the bgl somewhere or just the texture in question?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2015, 11:34:04 AM »
Sorry, now I'm getting confused. you're discussing bgl's a nd it was the texture file. dds that I moved.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2015, 01:32:05 PM »
But you said in your last post under point "a)" that "nothing has been moved except for the ez bgl requested above, so that got me to wondering what you actually moved. I must be confused about what you are actually referring to having moved; bgl or dds. No biggie.

Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2015, 02:24:12 PM »

b) there are two .bgl with the same name in two seperate scenery folders (library_ez-ga hangers ss.bgl)
FRF-KMSPv5 and FRF-KEYW sceneries. There is also another bgl library_ga hangars_ss_vol_2_v1.bgl These bgl's remain in their respective scenery folder.

Hi BBQSteve,

This post is simply to help you find why you might have had the black texture. Here is simple set of steps that I would use to debug the problem after making sure the hangar is still displaying as a nice blue hangar:

Disable the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D scenery library entry and check to see which of these is true:

a) Hangar has disappeared completely
b) Hangar is there but has a black texture
c) Hangar is there and is still blue

If answer is a, then don't go any further, re-enable the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D scenery library entry and just leave all as is while chalking it up to a strange FSX anomaly.

If answer is b or c then the hangar object is probably being pulled from one of the two FRF  library_ez-ga hangers ss.bgl  files that you mentioned.  Next step is to disable each one of those two libraries (one at a time) by adding .off, while keeping  the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D scenery library entry disabled.  When the Hangar disappears, then you have found the library that is supplying the hangar object. Next step is to make sure that library's scenery folder also has a texture folder in the same parent folder and that the texture folder has a ga hanger SS 3a.bmp or ga hanger SS 3a.dds file in it.  If anything is wrong, you will need to fix that or check back here.

Once done, don't forget to re-enable the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D scenery library entry and remove the .off from the library file.  Let us know how the search goes....

Rod

BBQSteve

« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2015, 09:20:15 AM »
C

Disabled scenery folder FRF-KEYW with ez disabled and building was  there with steel gray/blue sides and blue
doors, brown roof.

With EZ library reenabled I get the same colors as above.

Do I need to restart FSX each time or can I just go into Scenery Library, change things and say OK? Seems like nothing is changing now.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2015, 09:37:08 AM »
No need to restart FSX each time. Just go to scenery library, change what you want to and hit OK. This will rebuild your scenery.cfg.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

BBQSteve

« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »
Well now nothing seems to change. Really frustrated right now. Not with you guys, with myself. Normally have no problem figuring stuff like this out. It just takes so damn long fo FSX to load.

I went to KEYW Key West to see how the hanger situation was. Now those hangers are black when PAKT was right. so I put all back as  original start. Still KEYW hangers were black and PAKT right. Relaunched FSX and PAKT black, KEYW black. Did research onthe FRF-KEYW scenery, it is 2004 vintage so I deleted it. No change in PAKT black. turned on the dds file and PAKT correct, so there seems to have been no conflict actually.