Author Topic: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing  (Read 350428 times)

jer029

PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing
« on: September 28, 2015, 10:44:00 AM »
I see all things in the scenery object tester.  I have the payware version of orbx pakt and downloaded the zip file for that airport.  I see all the scenery, I even have a bundle of supplies suspended in the air and the ground worker waving his arms guiding the helo in, but there is no helicopter!  Just the pallet of supplies hanging in the air.

I do use DX-10 but use Steve's scenery fixer.

I also cannot find the little fishing boat at Dog Salmon Creek - so these issues might be related.

I've totally reinstalled the libraries with now luck picking up these items.

Any suggestions on how I might ensure that I have the right files to include this (or these) objects would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: PAKT CIRP Operations AI Helicopter missing
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 12:50:10 PM »
Please post descriptive screenshots of your issues along with their lat and long coordinates.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jer029

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »
Here is the jpg of pakt missing helicopter - coordinates are in the photo.

Thanks,

John

BBQSteve

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 04:32:21 PM »
Same here, but also my smoking building is black with a black roof too.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2015, 11:49:26 PM »
Hi guys,
     I am the author of the CIRP static cargo heli.  It has been so long since I made it, I am refreshing my memory on it.  The helicopter scene is a separate package, as you probably already know.  I've just loaded the scene into my FSX, and I do see what you are seeing.  I am investigating now, to find out why the heli is not showing.  In the meantime, you may send the workers home, and cancel the operation.  (deactivate the scene CIRP Static Cargo Heli in your scenery library.)  That will remove the floating pallet you are seeing.

Sorry about that.  :-\  I'll let you know what I find out

I haven't fired up FSX in ages.  I have been staring at loading screens for hours now, and really miss my P3D.  :'(  How can you guys live with all this waiting.  There is just not enough time in the day for all the load screens and static progress bars.  Not to mention the issues with the PAKT area memory bloat.  :'(

EDIT:  Instant Scenery shows it as a "model undefined".
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:46:20 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2015, 11:59:47 PM »
Hi guys. You need to post the lat/long coordinates separately in text. Cockpit shots are usually un-readable for the support people to see. Just a helpful hint. Been there.

jsapair
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 12:07:51 AM »
The bgl containing the heli, CIRP_PAKT_Cargo_Heli.bgl, is empty meaning that it doesn't contain any objects.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 12:47:28 AM »
The BGL is not empty.  It has two people, a pallet, and a helicopter.  I am looking at it right now.  I made it.  The helicopter is showing as a "model undefined".  It must have gotten lost in the library conversion.  I am working it out now.  I have reactivated some old libraries, and the heli now shows up for me. 
Give me time to work it out, please.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 01:49:24 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 02:23:40 AM »
Sorry, I have run out of time today.  It is late, and I have to work in the morning.  I will continue tomorrow after work.  FSX load times have taken their toll on me. 

BTW, you're also missing these.  ;)   Same issue (model undefined), but I believe these planes are in the EZ Objects Library.  They are part of the main scene for the PAKT CIRP Operations scenery. 

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »
Hi guys. You need to post the lat/long coordinates separately in text. Cockpit shots are usually un-readable for the support people to see. Just a helpful hint. Been there.

jsapair

jsapair,
usually if you do the old hold down the control key and use the mouse wheel to expand the picture it makes the coordinates legible.  Of course if the screen shot is already 'fuzzy' then all bets are off and text coordinates should be included.
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 08:17:57 AM »
Guys,
     The title told me all I needed to know.  I know where PAKT is, and the heli in question. ;)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 08:29:56 AM »
Guys,
     The title told me all I needed to know.  I know where PAKT is, and the heli in question. ;)

Just general blathering Jeff.  Although I'm sure there are plenty of simmers who have no idea what or where a 'PAKT' is!  Just read the 'help me' posts.  Example: one guy on the ORBX sites today was dumbfounded that his MESH resolution didn't work set at 38m.  (RTFM) where it has had it set "for months".  I guess the developers could save a lot of time by not writing manuals for their scenery as so many 'dumb asses' just will not take time to read them.
(Rant off)
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2015, 08:40:25 AM »
The CIRP_PAKT_Cargo_Heli.bgl in the contained in the current CIRP PAKT SP1 Tour and Cargo pack.zip is indeed empty. Checked it with MCX. Several issues going on here; no model and undefined models with the other aircraft.

If the models are undefined then their GUID's were changed somehow, somewhere along the line or the models actually no longer exist in the library.

If they got lost or screwed up during the FSXP3D conversion process just send me the originals, I'll fix them and make them available again.

Hopefully what I've discovered will help in troubleshooting and fixing the issues.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 12:45:51 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jer029

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2015, 09:03:20 AM »
Thanks for your efforts everyone (no rush on my account - just glad it's not something I did wrong on my RTMM install).  I did note that the objects list talked about a RTMM_EH101_SAR.bgl being needed for the helo, and that this was recently removed library from the last library update (not sure if that has anything to do with it).

Also a question,  You're right - I'm missing those other airplanes, but I've installed the EZ library as par of the RTMM library install I thought.  Is there other installs I must have other than Lib 1, Lib 2, and Lib 3 from the RTMM (and the PFJ, TFJ')?

Yes - did note I can make the helo objects disappear by removing that part - but I rather like it, and would happily include it.

Thanks again,

John

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2015, 05:04:30 PM »
I can pretty much confirm that RTMM_EH101_SAR.bgl was somehow lost or overlooked  during the FSXP3D library conversion. It is listed in the RTMM Required Libraries Part I\COL Old RTMM Files Removal Utility v1 folder in the Old RTMM Scenery File Removal List.txt on my system. It would be simple to add it back into our library or make it a part of the PAKT CIRP download if someone has it.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support