Author Topic: ATTENTION! Check your ORBX Library download for this  (Read 11381 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
ATTENTION! Check your ORBX Library download for this
« on: February 28, 2011, 08:20:37 AM »
Just discovered that the original file from ORBX for the latest library has been updated.  Check the file name on your download for this:
(cut n' paste from ORBX forums)

"Hi Peter,

check your ORBXlibs name, it should be FTXORBXLIBS_110223_.zip, note the underscore after 110223

If yours doesn't have the underscore, just re-download it again
"

I had the wrong one.
 8)
Later,

Spud

frostllp

• Flight Sim Scenery Addict
Re: ATTENTION! Check your ORBX Library download for this
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »
thanks for heads-up  :)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »
Thanks spud for the information!
I had also the wrong one! Just re-downloaded.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 03:04:42 PM »
Guys, have you seen this make any "changes" in the RTTM area? Just curious.

Doug

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 04:24:39 PM »
Weeeellll

I don't want to stir things, but yes...

Adding the OrbX / FTX updates puts ALL the RTMM stuff undeneath it in the scenery library and thus the sceneries disappear when you go flying in the area.

You have to use the library manager to move all the RTMM stuff up the list to be above the OrbX/FTX stuff.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 04:57:29 PM »
Weeeellll

I don't want to stir things, but yes...

Adding the OrbX / FTX updates puts ALL the RTMM stuff undeneath it in the scenery library and thus the sceneries disappear when you go flying in the area.

You have to use the library manager to move all the RTMM stuff up the list to be above the OrbX/FTX stuff.

Chris,
I used the Scenery Library Configuration function of FTX Central to insert ORBX below all my RTMM files when I first started adding them to the library and they have not been changed by the updated library files.  One thing I do is add MM to each of the scenery folder names, IE: "MM Misty's Place" and this keeps all the RTMM scenery together in the scenery library.
I did start out putting all the .bgl files in a scenery sub folder under a Master Misty Moorings folder but realized that for trouble shooting reasons that would just be a big PITA to isolate a problem.  Although it makes for a lot of entries in the library I can work very easily with just one scenery's files this way.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 06:53:46 PM »
But my question was ... when you added the new files ... did you see anything different?  In other words, for what we are doing, is there any need to download the library?  Are they updating anything that shows up in OUR area?

D

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 11:18:35 PM »
Ahh... "different" in that sense. Sorry. as for my problem - it isn't really a problem because moving files up and down the library tree is a piece of cake.
All the best,

Dieter

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 03:01:42 AM »
I used  "FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points".
After that there never was any change in the scenery.cfg
It doesn't matter switching from "NorthAmerica" to "Australia" or vice versa or installing new software.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 06:06:43 AM »
Thanks Dieter, I was about to mention that it can be resolved with the ORBX FTX tool for insertion points. It's all in our readme files for each scenery area we release.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 08:17:01 AM »
But my question was ... when you added the new files ... did you see anything different?  In other words, for what we are doing, is there any need to download the library?  Are they updating anything that shows up in OUR area?

D

Doug,
yes it would make a difference because to use the RTMM scenery you need to have ORBX's Pacific Fjords installed and the ORBX Library should be updated for all of ORBX's products whenever they issue an updated library.  While, at the moment, there may or may not be some object that is used in RTMM that has been updated, eventually the law of averages will surely catch up to something used in the scenery.  :'(

Dieter,
thanks for making it much more clear using the "FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points" terminology.  My "Scenery Library Configuration function of FTX Central to insert ORBX below all my RTMM files"  was trying to say exactly the same thing.   ::)

Chris,
I agree that it is easy manipulating the scenery in the FSX scenery library but why have to do that when you can pick the insertion point of the ORBX files once and never worry about it again?  That is the main reason I add the "MM" prefix to all my RTMM scenery folders so they always appear in the FSX library together.   Once again K.I.S.S.   :-*
 8)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 08:23:15 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »
K.I.S.S.

Me? Yes. Am Really Simple Englishman... (sic)

There you go, you see - if you don't RTFM, then you don't learn these tricks and end up doing things the hard way.

For those as aren't as obtuse as me... my apologies for the reduced thinking in my acronymic answer... :) :D
All the best,