Author Topic: Alaska Power Project  (Read 394281 times)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
Re: Alaska Power Project
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2015, 04:54:14 PM »
Checked today Thayer Creek Hydro and Snettisham hydro plant.....both looking beautiful!

Wow, Thayer Creek is a very complex scenery..there's so much to see.
You must have spent lots of hours creating it.....thanks for the hard work!!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2015, 06:51:37 PM »
They are "fun"...but what you do not see is the hardest part. The elevations for these things have to be correct or the simply wouldn't work, lower lakes emptying into higher lakes, outfall streams going uphill. To see this, position yourself at Thayer, save it , uncheck the APP , go back in...you probably will not recognize the terrain. So you have to do a lot of groundwork to make them work.

D

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2015, 04:13:17 PM »
Was flying to Ruth Lake ans Swan Lake hydro facilities today.
These two locations are heli guys paradise!!! There are lots of detail to discover around.
They will be my new playgrounds for the CH47, Bell212 and MD530F.....nice precision flying is needed there! I love these kind of challenge!!

At Ruth Lake Dam construction site I believe I found an issue with the small power house there.
Due to the sloped terrain this building with base floats a few inches in the air downhill. You might check this.....may be a brick wall like you did at the besrby helipad would work?

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 09:16:47 AM »
Fixed the Power Plant elevation problem at Ruth Lake ... good catch. thank you.

Doug

Doug

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2015, 09:26:51 AM »
Reynolds Creek Proposed Site (Currently Actually Under Construction)

Reynolds Creek Hydro is now "up" and ready to look at, beta-wise. This one had some special challenges design-wise. What should have been "simple" was "complex" in that the terrain had to be significantly altered to make it work.  For the "fun of it", I documented that changes in the Readme so anyone who is interested in seeing the sausage being made can see the whole gruesome process! :-)   Pictures of before/after are in the readme.
README PDF HERE
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:40:19 AM by Doug »

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2015, 02:34:08 PM »
Hats off to Doug & the RTMM team! More addons are getting better and more dynamically engaging.. 8) I'm not a scenery developer but just a thought if it may be possible-why not capture these various hydro construction phases over time to preserve the "labor of love" you guys have impressively showcased here similar to either what Rod J.'s seasonal switcher does (where a construction from start to finish progress all year-round through each season instead of just the seasons itself changing) or maybe similar to the medical facilities dispatch on/off tool (where the user can also activate/deactivate a certain construction stage or scenario hence more control on what to portray according to preference)? Either way or if even possible with the tools and techniques you guys might already have, sometimes it's refreshing and "more alive"to see different stages of progress or scenarios than just plainly static to keep a pilot's interest in coming back to certain RTMM areas and call it "picture perfect" in case you guys haven't entertained the idea yet. It's also about the "journey" in coming up with the project, not just the "destination" of project completion itself. Injecting a few cents FWIW..  ;)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 09:01:49 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

tomse

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »
Snettisham Beta finished, I have 2 ORBX(?) trees close to the runway, can't get them cut down so I asked Doug for help. Please check all of you beta testers this package to get it Alpha. Doug will upload it soon, hope you will enjoy it.

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap

Doug

« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2015, 03:12:15 PM »
Taking a look first time myself...I'll see if I can cut down the trees then post it tonight.

UPDATE: I looked at those two trees. IS3 wouldn't touch them. SBuilderX AB_Exclude wouldn't eliminate them. In IS3 I did the "search extra bgl" to see where they came from and they don't pop up on the list. I'll be darned if I can get rid of them. If anyone has an idea ... let us know.

(We are talking about two trees close to the runway on the starboard side as you land  toward the complex.)

D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:41:17 PM by Doug »

Doug

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2015, 08:39:11 PM »
Snattisham (7AK2) Hydro and Dam Added - By Thomas Menzel

Here is a great new hydro plant located in an absolutely breathtaking area! Thomas gives you a hydro plant that is actually operating (read the full doc with the history, etc). Check out the road system and the spillway beyond the dam ... not easy things to pull off for a designer.

It is "up" in the new zip.   Thank you Thomas!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:43:45 PM by Doug »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2015, 09:09:46 AM »
Doug,
If you can tell me what specific file that runway resides in, as well as the coordinates, I'll try my hand at something for you when I get the time.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2015, 09:13:15 AM »
That's the interesting problem, Steve. When I use IS3/Extras/show object from all BGLs, nothing shows. Usually every object is listed, so you know which file to go back to, nothing shows for these 2 trees...so I can't tell where they are coming from.

Doug

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2015, 09:38:53 AM »
Is the location at a stock ORBX airport or one that was hand created?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2015, 09:49:12 AM »
Steve,
Snettisham is an ORBX created airport that comes with SAK located in:
(FSX\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SAK05_SCENERY\scenery)
 8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2015, 10:55:22 AM »
Thanks for the specifics Spud.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

tomse

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
The trees are cut down ! I found a good weed killer. I put an IS3 airfield poly over the trees and they were gone. The new download will come soon but i will integrate the powerline route from Snettisham and Dorothy to the submarine cable in Taku Inlet, I just found a routing map of that.

I7-4790@3.6GHZ, WIN10/ 64bit, 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti, 8GB VRAM,  P3Dv5.5, Active Sky P3D, FSUIPC 6, LittleNavMap