Author Topic: Uninstalling Specific Shipping AI Regions  (Read 3467 times)

Asheroo

Uninstalling Specific Shipping AI Regions
« on: April 18, 2015, 02:02:10 AM »
Hey all, I've installed the AI shipping package however it keeps crashing P3D as I do not have the Tongass Fjords nor SAK scenery regions installed. Which installed files do I need to delete to uninstall these regions from the AI shipping package? (I'm guessing they're ones located in Scenery/World/Scenery)
- Ashley.

Efficiency & Effectiveness. Honesty & Modesty. Experiencing & Sharing.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Uninstalling Specific Shipping AI Regions
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 01:42:52 PM »
Hi Asheroo,

The shipping package folder comes with and uninstall.txt file that tells you what you need to uninstall.

Rod

Asheroo

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 10:43:32 PM »
Hey Rod, thanks for the reply but I don't want to completely uninstall the full package. Is it possible to uninstall specific regions of the package, particularly Tongass Fjords and SAK? I don't have either and as a result the simulator crashes when I enable ship traffic. It would be nice to have the option to install/uninstall specific regions to solve this like with v1. I only have v2 downloaded as I deleted the old v1 packages.
- Ashley.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 11:07:58 PM »
Hi Ashley,

Here is the problem......some of the ship models used by all of the shipping packages are taken from TFX.   In our sceneries we use models from Tongass Fjords FSX (TFX) a lot even though the scenery is not always within the TFX boundaries.   This is one of the reasons that RTMM requires our users to have TFX.   

You need to have TFX to use the shipping package and your enjoyment of our other sceneries will be reduced (you will not see some models) by not having TFX.  If you get TFX let me know and I can give you the tracks to eliminate so that the ships don't run in SAK if you want though the shipping package should run in P3D even if you don't have SAK.  TFX is the key.  You need to have that.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 11:08:26 PM »
Hi Ashley,

Here is the problem......some of the ship models used by all of the shipping packages are taken from TFX.   In our sceneries we use models from Tongass Fjords FSX (TFX) a lot even though the scenery is not always within the TFX boundaries.   This is one of the reasons that RTMM requires our users to have TFX.   

You need to have TFX to use the shipping package and your enjoyment of our other sceneries will be reduced (you will not see some models) by not having TFX.  If you get TFX let me know and I can give you the tracks to eliminate so that the ships don't run in SAK if you want though the shipping package should run in P3D even if you don't have SAK.  TFX is the key.  You need to have that.

Rod

Asheroo

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »
Ah ok then. Thanks for the response Rod. :)

I don't know when I'll be able to afford TFX, but I've been quite happy at the moment making use of what there is for what I've got.
- Ashley.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 11:54:01 PM »
Asheroo. When I first discovered RTMM I didn't even know what Acceleration was, let alone Tongass and the rest of the enhancements. I do now. Get the basics as you can , Tongass, SAK, PFJ, and go from there. You will not regret it if bush flying is in your area of interest. RTMM and ORBX is a marriage made in heaven.
                                    JJ
Jsapair