Author Topic: Problemns with ships  (Read 3965 times)

Teecee

Problemns with ships
« on: April 04, 2015, 11:00:25 AM »
I have tried several times to install RTMMAISPv2Installer to Prepar3d V2.5 and each time it crashes the system. I get to 96-98% installed and Prepar3d shuts down. Has anyone else experienced this? Teecee.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Problemns with ships
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 02:15:51 PM »
Hi TeeCee.

Do you mean you run the RTMMAISPv2Installer and it finishes correctly with no errors (e.g. models it couldn't find).  And then after the installer has finished you start up P3Dv2.5 and it crashes?  Just wanting to make sure I know what you are saying.

Rod

Teecee

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 06:52:16 PM »
I do see some ships missing as this screenshot.. Not sure why they are missing though, as i ran the installer correctly..Teecee.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2015, 08:09:54 AM »
Hi TeeCee,

The installer does not just add things to your system.   It also copies proprietary models from some of your existing folders to some of the new folders that it installs.  The errors are saying that before you ever ran the installer, you are missing certain .mdl files that it wants to copy.  It looks to me like the missing .mdl files are all from Tongass Fjords FSX (TFX) folders that should be in your Boats folders after you installed TFX. 

Go to your P3D\SimObjects\Boats folder and see if you have these folders:

AI_Vessel_TF_Volendam_FSX
AI_Vessel_TF_USCG_Anacapa_FSX
AI_Vessel_TF_Princess_FSX
AI_Vessel_TF_Fishing_Boat_FSX
AI_Vessel_TF_Matanuska_FSX

Those folders should contain the models that the installer is looking for.  If you don't have those folders, then your TFX installation is not correct.  If you do have them, then inside each of those folders will be a folder named "model"  or at least starts with the word model.  Inside each of the model folders should be a file named   xxxxx.mdl.  Let me know if you have the folders.  If you do, then let me know what .mdl file is in each one of those model....   folders.

Rod

Teecee

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2015, 11:35:02 AM »
Thanks for the replies people. I re-ran Tongass, and then re-ran RTMMAISPv2Installer and I am all good now.. Thanks very much for your time and expertise, what would we non-Techies do without you?. Teecee.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 11:56:48 AM »
Thanks for the replies people. I re-ran Tongass, and then re-ran RTMMAISPv2Installer and I am all good now.. Thanks very much for your time and expertise, what would we non-Techies do without you?. Teecee.

You could always join me sitting on a cigarett butt dangling my feet!  ::) :o
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 09:40:40 PM »

Hi Teecee,

Glad I could help you out so you could get it working and enjoy the wonderful AI Ship Traffic.

Rod  (sometimes referred to as "people")

Teecee

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 01:16:28 PM »
Thanks mate.. I have the ships showing up, but one more favor please..I have some, not all ships showing vertical wakes..I know you guys have a fix for this but darned if I can find it..Could you point me in the right direction please..Teecee.

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 05:36:20 PM »
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]