Author Topic: How to use the Hospitals  (Read 6087 times)

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
How to use the Hospitals
« on: March 05, 2015, 07:02:54 AM »
As the hospital project begins to become reality (virtual reality of course  ;) ), it's time to begin thinking about how we will use this new asset.  Most locations will be accessible to both fixed wing and rotary wing pilots, so all ideas from both groups are welcome.  I think this can become a great generator of new "reasons" to fly and to view other aspects of the scenery in the process, so let's hear from you guys on how we can best benefit from this new development  :D
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:46:38 AM by sddinnh »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team

sddinnh

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: How to use the Hospitals
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 07:46:15 AM »
Nice post  :D

RCFlyer

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 02:09:54 PM »
I do most of my flying at Hovercontrol, therefore, helos.  I downloaded the Medical Facility files and installed them in P3D V2.5.  I have flown a couple of the dispatches and to a couple other waypoints.  Really fun.  It would be a nice enhancement if the patient packages could be made liftable.  This would allow those of us who fly helos to also use the hoist capabilities. 

Regards,

Danny
HC065RC

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 02:49:18 PM »
RCFlyer and other rotorheads,
a hoistable victim would of course add more realism to the experience but I doubt that this will be done at RTMM as the team is up to its neck in developing and checking scenery most of the time.  To further add to the workload would be asking a lot.  Remember they are ordinary folk with real life responsibilities along with the desire to enhance RTMM scenery.  And in addition helo operations are but a tiny part of RTMM if you think about.
It perhaps could be another project at a later date if there is someone knowledgable in the process and work involved with liftable objects etc.  Off the top of my head it would seem that another Library of these objects would be required to accomplish it, but that is just a guess on my part.
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 03:34:32 PM »
Hi Spud,

I wish it were as simple as another object library.   It is not.   Pretty sure you would have to use the FSX/P3D Object Placement Tool and possibly a Mission environment.  Probably out of scope for our current RTMM Medical Dispatches project.

Rod

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »
Hi Rod,
agree that just a Lib wouldn't do it but that probably would be part of the process at least but then motion based objects is just a tad over my head. (I'm stuck on wether the toilet paper goes OVER or UNDER)  ???
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 04:51:13 PM »
Great idea and it would be fun to do. But when you put the hours of work up against the result...the cost is too high for the result. We are really doing something special for the helicopter- community with the Med Facilities project. But we just don't have the manpower or bandwidth for everything. Good idea, but I doubt it's feasibility at RTMM. It goes one step past our mission. For each project, we have to look at the demographics and we have to spend the majority of our (free) work time on projects that would work for the most of the people. Wish I had a better answer, but it is an honest one.

Doug

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 05:08:01 PM »
I do most of my flying at Hovercontrol, therefore, helos.  I downloaded the Medical Facility files and installed them in P3D V2.5.  I have flown a couple of the dispatches and to a couple other waypoints.  Really fun.  It would be a nice enhancement if the patient packages could be made liftable.  This would allow those of us who fly helos to also use the hoist capabilities. 

Regards,

Danny
HC065RC

Hi Danny,
I thought slingloading and hoist is not possible yet in P3D yet. So this is one of the main reasons I'm still flying in FSX DX10. Can you use slingloads in P3d?

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

RCFlyer

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 08:17:35 PM »
Yes, you can use slingloads in P3D.  Some of the slingload object config parameters have to adjusted to get object stability.  But once that is done everything works pretty well.

The parameters that need to be adjusted are:

Length and Width in the Geometry Section (both have to be set to 18000)
Empty Weight in the Mass Properties Section (must be set to at least 1000)

The empty weight value can cause problems for small Helo, but, for 212, 412, H60, etc. not a problem.

Danny

RCFlyer

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »
Great idea and it would be fun to do. But when you put the hours of work up against the result...the cost is too high for the result. We are really doing something special for the helicopter- community with the Med Facilities project. But we just don't have the manpower or bandwidth for everything. Good idea, but I doubt it's feasibility at RTMM. It goes one step past our mission. For each project, we have to look at the demographics and we have to spend the majority of our (free) work time on projects that would work for the most of the people. Wish I had a better answer, but it is an honest one.

Doug

No problem guys.  I fully understand your position and appreciate the effort you have made on the Medical Facilities project.  It was only a suggestion. 

Regards,

Danny

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 04:37:25 PM »
Yes, you can use slingloads in P3D.  Some of the slingload object config parameters have to adjusted to get object stability.  But once that is done everything works pretty well.

The parameters that need to be adjusted are:

Length and Width in the Geometry Section (both have to be set to 18000)
Empty Weight in the Mass Properties Section (must be set to at least 1000)

The empty weight value can cause problems for small Helo, but, for 212, 412, H60, etc. not a problem.

Danny

Danny,
Thank you for the info!

Klaus

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals