Author Topic: MP alive ?  (Read 7434 times)

Dustoff

MP alive ?
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:05:06 AM »
Hey there,

is there a MP Server available to connect and fly with other people im Misty Moorings Area?

Cheers

SRAces

Re: MP alive ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »
MartyB and I fly a lot of P3D multiplayer together with a couple of other friends.  Sundays are usually the best for us due to work schedules and different time zones.  If you are a P3D flyer and would like to fly with us...just let us know.  We use Skype to communicate with (used to have a dedicated Teamspeak server but found Skype worked better).

Our primary areas of interest to fly in are the same ones that RTMM concentrates on.  It's a lot of fun whether you share cockpits or fly in separate aircraft.  It is usually silky smooth with no lag at all.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA

Dustoff

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 10:15:23 AM »
Hey Steve,

thanks for information! I use FSX and no P3D. I thik that is an problem? isn´t it?

Cheers
Stefan

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 11:49:44 AM »
Hi Dustoff,

I use FSX (boxed version) and occasionally fly MP in several flight communities with some using P3D. If you fly FSX and want to do MP cross-platform with P3D, I think you might need FSInn/FSCopilot combo and Estonia Migration tool (for P3D user). If you want to do MP with only boxed FSX users, you can opt either with FSOpen (new substitute for Gamespy) or FSInn/FSCopilot. I've also heard some using the FSCloud project (still under development) which can do MP across all platforms (FSX boxed, FSX Steam, X-plane and P3D) and requires a client download but have not used it personally. Some also report that FSX Steam version can do MP with FSX boxed with FSInn/FSCopilot as well as other FSX Steam users.

There are lots of options. Whatever route you want to take, I suggest you research on the requirements and how to set any of these up. Goodluck!

Trex3D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:11:58 PM by Trex3D »

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.

SRAces

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 02:07:37 PM »
Hey Steve,

thanks for information! I use FSX and no P3D. I thik that is an problem? isn´t it?

Cheers
Stefan

Stefan,

Thanks for the reply.  Did not realize you were on FSX.  If and when you ever decide to move to P3D...get in touch with us.  We would love to fly with you.  P3D is a huge improvement in multiplayer stability and connectivity over FSX.  Have a great weekend!  I hope you're in a warm area and not one of the frozen ones.
Steve Stubbs
USAF (retired)
Lake Park, GA