Author Topic: 2015 vAL Ferry Flight Ops  (Read 7184 times)

JTaylor801

2015 vAL Ferry Flight Ops
« on: January 31, 2015, 12:06:01 PM »
Attention RTMM Pilot Members,

vAL (virtual Air Logistics) a proud VA Partner of RTMM, it kicking off our 2015 Ferry Flight Operations today.  In addition to scheduled passenger and cargo operations, vAL assists select clients in moving aircraft all around the world.

Our first of six ferry flights for 2015 is to fly a DHC-2 Beaver Float (non-amphib) from CYRS to CYHC.  This journey is over 1000 nm and we leave the navigation and flight planning up to the pilot. 

vAL will introduce a new Ferry Flight (FF) every other month (alternating with vAL Tours) and just like 2014, we have an award scheme for pilots wishing to fly these flights.  vAL Pilots can earn three unique patches if they complete ALL SIX Ferry Flights in 2015.  These patches will be awarded in the following scheme: Patch 1 - Complete One FF, Patch 2 - Complete Three FF's and Patch 3 - Complete all Six planned FF's in 2015. 

As many RTMM members are already vAL Pilots, all you need to do is check-in to the vAL Forums for complete information.  If you are not yet a vAL Pilot, we're hiring and would love to have you as a member pilot.  Again, vAL is a proud RTMM partner.  We offer unique flights in the RTMM scenery areas and beyond.  We are a mature and relaxed bunch of pilots with a goal of having fun each and every time we fly.  From GA to Jets (and Helicopters) we offer something for every type of virtual pilot.

Please visit and join.  We'd love to have you....

http://virtualairlogistics.org/index.php/

Jerry
Flight Sim Blogger
http://jerrygtaylor.com/fsblog/

CEO of virtual Air Logistics (vAL)
http://virtualairlogistics.org

marc2140

Re: 2015 vAL Ferry Flight Ops
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 02:23:06 PM »
I was a pilot of vAL until last week. At that moment Jerry, the CEO, announced abruptly the end of all operations. Website, forums, everything went down immediately. Leaving us pilots a bit like orphans.
I hope some of the other pilots also feel the need to still communicate with each other. Since vAL had incorporated many RTMM trips in its flightschedule, there is a chance they might visit this forum.
So if you are an vAL pilot, don't hesitate to react.
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

knswee

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 11:28:10 AM »
Yeah it was a real shock to see that happen, I was val0067 although I fly for other VA's also depending on what I feel like flying, the VAL VA was my favorite for low and slow.

ken

marc2140

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:23:43 PM »
Hi Ken
Nice hearing from you.
You don't have by chance, any contact addresses of former VAL pilots?
Or Jerry?
As far as I know VAL was the only VA flying with an ACARS system and having incorporated a lot of RTTM destinations in their flight schedules.
Or do you know other bush flying VA's that offer the same?
If not, do you know VA's who would be willing to do such a thing?
I know that Eagle Valley Virtual Airlines, is trying to set something up, but I don't know if it is succesfull.
Marcel

Intel i7-4790k @ 4.8 GHz-MBO Asus MaxVii Hero-Corsair 780T-Corsair PSU 1000w-Corsair H100i GTX cooling-G Skill 16gb 2400/CL 10 (2x8gb)-Geforce GTX980 4gb ddr5-SSD 850 pro 512gb-2Tb HDD WD black 7200rpm-LG Blu Ray-Wifi pci-exp N900 (dual freq 2.4+5ghz)-Win7 Ult OS 64bit-FSX-SE

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 09:23:36 PM »
I was VAL0027 but haven't been active for some time. This used to be Jerry's addy but I'll bet it's no longer valid either. Just a guess. Worth a shot though.
                                                   JJ

ceo@virtualairlogistics.org
Jsapair

Lipra

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2015, 06:02:57 AM »
I was VAL0029. had a lot of fun completing the flights. Its a shame we have these people who get some sort of kick out of upsetting other peoples harmless pass time.

Thanks Jerry for all the effort you put in an am sorry you are unable to continue.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 07:54:23 AM »
Good Morning all,
although it is never pleasant to log onto one of your 'goto' sites only to find it has disappeared.  Unless you are absolutely certain why it disappeared do not disparge the administration of the site.  Jerry may well have had real life issues that required him to suddenly discontinue his VA.  Remember it was his site and VA and he has total control.  Hopefully he is well and his family OK but we do not know so just keep the hyberbole to a minimum please.
A VA I was a charter member of made so many changes so rapidly that 96% of us left and we formed a new VA among ourselves.  It happens, never a good experience.  Jerry, I'm sure had good reasons for such a rapid disolution of VAL.  Rather than just complaining why not try banding together and see if a new Bush VA can be salvaged through the combined knowledge of former members?
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 08:08:56 PM »
No, the comment was directed at the hackers who tainted the site (again).  It wasn't towards the VA or Jerry.  He did send out a letter explaining what happened, and why he was closing it down.  Those of us who got the letter know (vaguely) what happened. 

But, yes.  Keep it clean and civil around here.  Please.  8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2015, 10:57:17 PM »
You're in charge of the new VA, Spud. Nice of you to volunteer :) I was right in the middle of joining a VA thru a guy at ORBX that sounded like fun, I mean, my very next email was registration, when they shut down. They specialized in multi-player flights, which sounded like fun, but it was impossible for them to try to accommodate FSX and P3D flights at the same time. They opted for P3D.
   I know for a fact that Jerry was very committed and conscientious about his passion and we can all only hope that things are okay on his end and wish him well.

jsapair
Jsapair

marc2140

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 03:21:57 AM »
Let's make it clear Spud:
nobody is blaming Jerry.
I have too much respect for anybody's personal life.
The only thing I was trying to do, was indeed trying to get people together to see if we cannot find an alternative.
As you may have read, all pilots were very happy about the way things were going.
Our problem is however that all communications went thru the website and its' forum, which makes it tough to find eachother now.
But whatever help or ideas are very welcome...
Marcel

Lipra

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 05:30:52 AM »
Good Morning all,
although it is never pleasant to log onto one of your 'goto' sites only to find it has disappeared.  Unless you are absolutely certain why it disappeared do not disparge the administration of the site.  Jerry may well have had real life issues that required him to suddenly discontinue his VA.  Remember it was his site and VA and he has total control.  Hopefully he is well and his family OK but we do not know so just keep the hyberbole to a minimum please.
A VA I was a charter member of made so many changes so rapidly that 96% of us left and we formed a new VA among ourselves.  It happens, never a good experience.  Jerry, I'm sure had good reasons for such a rapid disolution of VAL.  Rather than just complaining why not try banding together and see if a new Bush VA can be salvaged through the combined knowledge of former members?

Spud

Not for the first time you have jumped in feet first.

Jerry sent us a complete e-mail on why he felt he could not continue which if you were a member you should have recieved.

I am very offended by you post as I am sure others are as well. Jerry did a first rate job
 I do not need a lecture from people like you.

Now lets get back to what we like doing and that's flying our sim

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 12:17:11 PM »
Lipra,
appreciate your polite (?) castigation of my post asking folks to be civil to Jerry et al.  However no one apparental thought to mention that He had informed VAL users via e-mail that the site was shutting down due to apparent hacking.  I do not use VAL since about the first month of its existance and was not privvy to any such e-mail.  I saw a post that in my opinion appeared negative toward the admin:

" Its a shame we have these people who get some sort of kick out of upsetting other peoples harmless pass time."

Not a word mentioned of hackers in that sentence and unfortuately I'm not clarvoient.
Lipra,
As far as jumping in feet first I think I was polite in asking for understanding of VAL and Jerry given the previous posts on the thread which never mentioned hacking.  If your offended then I'm sorry that you feel that way and the "lecture" was no such thing.  Simply an attempt to ward off negative comments about VAL etc. Although your post was not clear in my mind that you were speaking of hacking of Jerry's site.  Just a case of "Never Assume" on both of our parts.
Now back to efforts to make RTMM scenery and experiences the best we can.
 8)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:22:27 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud