Author Topic: GPS (Autopilot) for FSX boats?  (Read 3774 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
GPS (Autopilot) for FSX boats?
« on: February 22, 2011, 08:12:19 PM »
GPS (Autopilot) for FSX boats?  As we are sitting around having this virtual beer ... a question to the enlightened among you.  Did you ever try to put an autopilot on one of the FSX boats (DeltaSim).  I've successfully added the (Beech Baron gauge) gps/nav switch, that now flips back and forth. I've got the "autopilot="1" in the aircraft.cfg file.  I load a plan, flip it to GPS, hit the NAV/Autopilot and nuttin' happens ... da boat she go straight ... into de bog.

Is there some magical virtual wire I haven't "connected" under the dash that hooks that gps/nav to the radio stack?  Just curious if anybody has ever tried. (And no, I'm not going to set the altitude for 1200 feet!).

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
Re: GPS (Autopilot) for FSX boats?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 04:06:25 PM »
I don't know the answer and you may find it at FS-Shipyards indeed. The reason I am answering here is that I'd like you to know that the ORIGINAL FS-Shipyards site, as founded by Ian Thatcher, is actually at FS-Shipyards.ORG these days. The .com files and domain name were transferred by a former webmaster of Ian.

After Ian suddenly died in august 2010, his widow had the desire to keep Ian's work 'alive' and I stepped up to the plate to take over and continue to run his work, or what was left of it. We still haven't recovered from the blow, really, and many former members have not made the switch, not knowing about our site.

Find Ian's FS-Shipyards here.
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »
OK, I'll check that out.  It should be 'simple' but alas, what is? :-)

Francois

• FS Veteran
    • former FSAddon Publishing
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:05 AM »
I'll ask my 'shipbuilder' next time we talk. He might have it already.
Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

... and the man's blog