Author Topic: AC Start Position Above the RW  (Read 7248 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
AC Start Position Above the RW
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:00:15 PM »
I believe this started after installing Global and Vector but I wouldn't swear to it. When I load a flight plan and get moved to the new airport, my AC is positioned about 5' to 10' off the ground. Any AC, any AP...doesn't seem to matter. A simple move of the throttle drops it back to the tarmac so it's not a real big deal but I was just curious if any one else is experiencing this. The story of my life is; "the repairman has never seen a problem quite like yours before."  :-\
                                            JJ
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: AC Start Position Above the RW
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 02:00:42 PM »
jsapair,
I'm not the "repairman" but your 100% correct that "never seen a problem quite like yours before".  One question, have you ran the autoconfiguration routine in the VECTOR Configurator tool on your desktop?
 8)
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2015, 03:38:51 PM »
Do you have a default saved flight that loads when you start FSX.   If you do, make sure that the default flight starts at 0 altitude if possible.  I seem to remember having that problem at one time due to default flight being starting at a high altitude.  Worth a try anyway....

Rod

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 05:11:47 PM »
Terry .. if you are using the sim's "MAP" feature and putting in the lat/long ... it is very easy to accidentally not set the ALTITUDE or SPEED.  Both need to be set at ZERO (even though your location may be at 3000 feet!). Setting it at zero puts it on the ground, setting speed to zero keeps it there! :-)  Doesn't sound like this is your problem thought.

jsapair

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 07:25:13 PM »
After some verifying, my default flight, payware PAKT, starts on the ground. It's if I change location via the flight planner. Spud, yes I run the Configurator whenever I add an airport. Rod, I'll do some more checking. I don't start at high altitude or in flight...I've had that happen, too. I start maybe 5' over the tarmac. When I give the throttle a little goose it drops back down. I think I'll do Shift+Z and see if reflects the difference from the known elevation. Why, I have no idea. :o. I'll play around with it. Just thought perhaps it was a known issue. Thanks guys.
Jsapair

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2015, 10:34:33 AM »
Another thing to check is your display settings in FSX.  Make sure the Mesh Resolution is set to 5 m and the Texture Resolution is set to 7 cm per the ORBX recommendations.
 8)
Later,

Spud

jsapair

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 09:35:56 PM »
Yeah, Spud, FSX scenery settings are as they should be. Today I couldn't duplicate the problem...imagine that. It will creep up again, I'm sure, and when it does I'll get a snapshot of what's going on and post it. I know it didn't magically fix itself. C'ya pal,
                                                     JJ

PS. When it does happen it's like I'm on pause, but it doesn't show pause. Reticulated squares in the sky, engine not running, AC hovering just over the tarmac. Like I said, if I give the throttle a nudge the AC comes back to earth, engine running and all is well. Weird one.
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 08:44:57 AM »
JJ,
You're not toggling in and out of slew mode are you?
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:28:47 PM »
Hey, Steve. No, that's not it. Here's what I see on start-up or when I change locations. I wasn't able to capture the AC being off the ground before it corrected itself, but it is. This is at PAKT but it's not unique to this location, it can and does happen anywhere...but not all the time. Like I said, it's not a huge deal because it either corrects itself in a short time or I can goose the throttle and that corrects the problem. It's just annoying. It also happens at AP's that are disabled in the Airport Elevation Correction tool in Vector (PAKT is one of those) so it's not an elevation issue even though I'm pretty sure this started after installing Vector. Guess I could try de-activating Vector and see what ensues, huh?
                                              JJ
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 05:28:11 PM »
Those blocky clouds tell me that the textures are still loading when you have "arrived" at the AP. Perhaps the altitude data is still loading as well when you've "arrived", and when the loading routine is finished, it corrects it's self to the proper altitude and you're good to go. I actually have no idea; just a wild guess. Perhaps it is something related to Vector data.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jsapair

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 07:23:52 PM »
I like that explanation 'cause I can live with that ;D Works for me. Thanks, Steve.
Jsapair

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2015, 02:33:58 PM »
Hi Jsapair
did you installed an other time PAKT ? and at last the libraries ?

also..! do you clean your graphic card Inside, the cooling fins of the radiator ?

Did you try different clouds coverage ?

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jsapair

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2015, 08:31:42 PM »
Hi, Patrick.  I have the payware PAKT and have the latest Libs installed but it happens almost everywhere, not just PAKT. My GPU is almost new. Another thing it's doing now is when FSX opens and I'm sitting at my chosen airport, there is no plane. I'm looking through the windscreen and looking down the runway but the plane itself is not physically there. Again, until I move the throttle forward. Then everything re-appears. Weird, huh? As long as it fixes itself I'm not going to worry about it. Everything's fine after that.
          Thanks for your input.  JJ
Jsapair

Dieter

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 03:08:42 AM »
Sorry for a thrown in question, this is PAKT v1.10?

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 08:34:29 AM »
Dieter,
He's referring to the ORBX PAKT scenery package.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support