Author Topic: missing rocks  (Read 2866 times)

av8erjm

missing rocks
« on: January 11, 2015, 05:13:19 PM »
Great job on hang 'em high, I seem to be having a problem no one else is, what a surprise. My problem is with the rock formation on the upper hang 'em high as you can see in the attached pic I seem to have a couple of black holes. I have re-downloaded all three  Part s of the objects libraries again and reloaded and installed the Hang 'em scenery. I know it's something I'm doing wrong because no one else has mentioned it. Any ideas???

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: missing rocks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:37:08 PM »
Which simulator are you using?  P3D, FSX DX10 or FSX?

You are missing the 057pierres.dds texture.   That is odd.   Check to see if it is in your RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D\Texture folder.

Rod

av8erjm

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 06:45:17 PM »
Rod   I'm guess I'm still running FSX, I just have not had the time to sit down and see what needs to be done to update to DX10 besides down loading all the sceneries  I'm also operating windows 7 if that makes a difference, shouldn't I would think. The texture file is right where it should be. Could I have something awry in a bgl file???? Thanks for the help, Jim

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 07:34:41 PM »
Jim,
That texture should show no matter what version you are using; Windows 7, FSX, FSX DX10, or P3D. Nothing is awry in the bgl. If you have the texture on your system then it should display. Just for fun do this:

Make a copy of 057Pierres.dds and put it somewhere else.

In the RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D\texture folder, change the name of the original to 057pierres.dds.off

Move the copy of 057pierres that you made in step 1 into the texture folder under the main FSX folder.

Reload FSX and then Hang Em High and see if the rocks show.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

av8erjm

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 09:16:51 PM »
all right, I am completely dumbfounded, I tried the trick with making a copy of the dds file and did everything like you said and viola' I got rocks.  I'm not really understanding why that worked, but as we say here in the states, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Thank you guys for your quick response.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »
Hi av8erjm

Actually, it is important to understand why that worked.  By putting the missing texture in the main scenery folder you made it available to all of the scenery libraries....even those you don't know you have active.   The problem you experienced is probably because you have another library active that has the same objects as FSXP3D woody's ez  rocks_boulders_snowdrifts.bgl.  This is the library that contains that rock object.   I would guess that you have another Woody's library also active that does not start with FSXP3D.  Possibly, a library called woody's ez  rocks_boulders_snowdrifts.bgl.   That library also has a texture folder associated with it which is probably missing 057pierres.dds.   FSX is using that library to display the object and now grabbing the texture from the universal scenery folder.  If you were running P3D or FSX DX10 then you might have a problem since the duplicate library has not been converted for FSX DX10/P3D.  If you don't plan to go to P3D or FSX DX10 then it may not be an issue.

There is one way you can prove it for sure....disable RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D and see if the rock still shows up.  If it does, then you know you have a rogue library active somewhere ....do a search on *woody*.bgl and see if any libraries with woody in them show up without a FSXP3D in front of them.  If they do, you have found the duplicates if in fact those libraries are enabled.   If the rock disappears when you disable RTMM Object LibraryFSXP3D then consider it an anomaly and move on.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 10:53:56 PM »
Rod,
That 057pierres texture was one of the missing ones that I tracked down and got from Woody when we did the conversions. Therefore my guess is that Jim indeed has the rocks and boulders set active elsewhere as well. I just looked at an old copy of rocks and boulders that I have lying around and 057 isn't there. Bingo!
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 06:49:57 AM »
Yep.....thought that texture sounded familiar. 

Rod