Author Topic: Posting, just in case some poor bastard, like me, runs into any of this  (Read 2050 times)

roundrobin

Well, I have done a lot of troubleshooting including wanting to shoot myself :-[

Anyway, my main "two"{ problems were:

1. If you have an Asus Xonar DX sound card and "also" sound built on your MB, ditch the Xonar DX! It is nothing but trouble under the right circumstances and not needed at all in flight sim. Does nothing for you, but .dll errors and CTD's. You don't have to physically remove it. Just uninstall the ASUS Xonar in add remove software and then disable it in Device Manager. Reboot, go into the BIOS screen and enable your on board sound. Of course, re-plug your sound cable into the right socket.

2. If you have trouble moving undocked windows to your second monitor (like you move the GPS and it turns into scenery) try it when you are in the full screen mode (I mean the big square in the top right should not be seen. The options should be the 2 small squares). Anyway, playing with that fixed all kinds of problems for me, including going in and out of 2d mode. Something that simple caused me to do a lot of research, but success!. Couldn't see the forest for the trees. Resizing that window also works well for a case that all your scenery has gone haywire. Just play with the sizing and all of a sudden, there it is.

I am posting this just in case someone runs into all of this. I am not saying it will fix all these problems but after hours and hours for trial and errors, it worked for me

Cheers and time a wet one at Misty's

al
roundrobin
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:21:47 AM by roundrobin »

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Posting, just in case some poor bastard, like me, runs into any of this
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:27:12 AM »
Thanks Al. We have so many "fixes" here, it is really amazing. And people need to remember to use the SEARCH function when they have a problem. So many topics like yours are posted, and some won't even notice...but later when there is a problem, the SEARCH digs it up for folks. Thank you fo the post.

Doug