Author Topic: RTMM OBjects Library Topic  (Read 422728 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: RTMM OBjects Library Topic
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 10:05:58 PM »
I, too, have just downloaded and installed Part lll. In the new scenery tester everything looks good except object#4, the building on stilts. The building is there but the stilts are not...floating building. That object refers me to RTMM Object Library FsxP3D Part l, which I've had since its original release.  I placed Part lll, now RTMMTWO Object Library FsxP3D, down between my RTMM Object Library FsxP3D and RWY12 Library FsxP3D in the scenery library. Figured that'd be a safe place but maybe not. Any ideas?
Jsapair

updraft

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2015, 05:47:38 AM »
I have just tried the "Consol Obj Lib Old RTMM File Removal.cmd" and after several attempts with no action and "Old Scenery Files Deleted.txt" and "Old Texture Files Deleted.txt" with content *0 Files Deleted on 11.01.2015" only, I am trying here to get some help.

My path is F:/FSX Sceneries/Consolidated Object Library with scenery and texture directories plus now the 3 files Consol Obj Lib Old RTMM File Removal.cmd, Old RTMM Scenery File Removal List.txt and Old RTMM Texture File Removal List.txt

Perhaps a language problem, since the command in the black cmd.exe window is in German language "Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . ." (press any key)?

There defintely are files in those scenery and texture directories which are listed on the removal lists.

Thanks for any help

Ernst

rritter

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2015, 06:46:37 AM »
Hi Stiletto

Made some thorough tests, removed all my old Alaska sceneries ( Loney's Alaska, SDT ), disabled conflicting items in the OZx library, reinstalled all the RTMM FSXP3D libraries with the priority order as instructed. But I still get black hangars and electric poles at Misty's place, # 4 in the scenery tester at PANT remains black ( as well as the wooden containers next to the green hangar #5 I noticed ). But so far everything else seems to work perfectly. So I don't know what else I should do, maybe check for old EZ library entries in my BC sceneries covering ORBX SAK and PFJ that might be conflicting ? I didn't notice any issue with Tongass Fjords.   

spirit_66

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2015, 08:17:54 AM »
Just added the new libraries and the new scenery tester. On first sight everything looks fine but when I had a closer look at the green hangar I saw that the roof is transparent.
Do I need something else? By the way: Installation is in P3D v2.4
Thanks
Spirit

Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2015, 08:29:40 AM »
Hi Jsapair,

I assume you are running P3D.  Is that correct?  If you disable RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D in the scenery library do the stilts return?   Re-enable RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D and disable EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D library.   Does object #4 disappear?  Then go ahead and re-enable it.

Let me know results of these two tests.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 08:35:50 AM »
Hi Stiletto

Made some thorough tests, removed all my old Alaska sceneries ( Loney's Alaska, SDT ), disabled conflicting items in the OZx library, reinstalled all the RTMM FSXP3D libraries with the priority order as instructed. But I still get black hangars and electric poles at Misty's place, # 4 in the scenery tester at PANT remains black ( as well as the wooden containers next to the green hangar #5 I noticed ). But so far everything else seems to work perfectly. So I don't know what else I should do, maybe check for old EZ library entries in my BC sceneries covering ORBX SAK and PFJ that might be conflicting ? I didn't notice any issue with Tongass Fjords.

rritter,

In your first post you said the #4 object was missing, but as you describe above, it is clear that the #4 object is black and not missing.  If you disable EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D does black object #4 disappear?

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »
I have just tried the "Consol Obj Lib Old RTMM File Removal.cmd" and after several attempts with no action and "Old Scenery Files Deleted.txt" and "Old Texture Files Deleted.txt" with content *0 Files Deleted on 11.01.2015" only, I am trying here to get some help.

My path is F:/FSX Sceneries/Consolidated Object Library with scenery and texture directories plus now the 3 files Consol Obj Lib Old RTMM File Removal.cmd, Old RTMM Scenery File Removal List.txt and Old RTMM Texture File Removal List.txt

Perhaps a language problem, since the command in the black cmd.exe window is in German language "Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . ." (press any key)?

There defintely are files in those scenery and texture directories which are listed on the removal lists.

Thanks for any help

Ernst

Hi Ernst,

Press any key is correct...just tells the command file to continue after your read the message.   

1.  Make sure files are not read only for some reason.

2.  try creating a little test consolidated library (separate from your other folder) with a scenery and texture folder inside  and put a few .bgls and textures files  in their respective folders that included some that you can see clearly on the two deletions lists.  Then put the command file in the test folder, run it and see if it does its deletion work properly for you to make sure the .cmd file is working properly on your system.

Rod
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:48:02 AM by stiletto2 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 08:48:24 AM »
Just added the new libraries and the new scenery tester. On first sight everything looks fine but when I had a closer look at the green hangar I saw that the roof is transparent.
Do I need something else? By the way: Installation is in P3D v2.4
Thanks
Spirit

Hi Spirit,

Does the transparency go away if you disable RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D since that is the only thing that you have just changed?  If not, does Object #5 disappear if you disable RWY12 LibraryFSXP3D?

[edit]  Never mind....that is the way object #5 is supposed to look.  It is not a problem.   

Rod
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:06:00 AM by stiletto2 »

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 08:52:11 AM »
Thank you for this new objects library. Works beautifuly in both FSX and P3D V 2.4. I am really amazed by the great work performed by the sceneries team.
Cheers
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 09:03:39 AM »
Hi Spirit,

Just checked and that is the way Object #5 is supposed to look.   It just has a wireframe roof.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 11:14:37 AM »
Just to let everyone know that there is absolutely nothing in the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D Part III that changes anything whatsoever in any of the other libraries - Part I or Part II. Part III contains all new objects and texture sets. Therefore if you have a problem with textures not showing or see something strange looking, it results from an issue that existed on your system that you either weren't aware of or noticed in the past prior to installing the Part III Libraries .
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 11:18:24 AM by ualani »
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spirit_66

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 11:44:18 AM »
Hi Spirit,

Just checked and that is the way Object #5 is supposed to look.   It just has a wireframe roof.

Rod
Hi Rod,
all clear and I know now it's the way it is.
Thanks for the quick response
Spirit
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 11:46:24 AM »
Thank you for this new objects library. Works beautifuly in both FSX and P3D V 2.4. I am really amazed by the great work performed by the sceneries team.
Cheers

Thanks, Yoland!

Just to let everyone know that there is absolutely nothing in the RTMM Required Object LibrariesFSXP3D Part III that changes anything whatsoever in any of the other libraries - Part I or Part II. Part III contains all new objects and texture sets. Therefore if you have a problem with textures not showing or see something strange looking, it results from an issue that existed on your system that you either weren't aware of or noticed in the past prior to installing the Part III Libraries .

Steve is quite right.   Thanks, Steve!

Rod

rritter

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »
Hi Rod,

I forgot to mention, but you guessed I'm running FSX. I disabled EZ FSXP3D library as you told me, #4 on stilts is still there but showing up in grey now instead of black, the containers next to #5 are still  black. All the other items show up OK.
 What should I do next ? Reinstall FS9 EZ1 library ?

René

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 01:15:17 PM »
Hi Rene,

Object #4 is gray.   Can you post a picture of the gray object?  The fact that you disabled EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D and Object #4 is still there in some form tells me you have other instances of at least parts of the EZ Scenery Library enabled in your library.  That will not work when you use RTMM sceneries.  The fact that you suggest reinstalling FS9 EZ1 Library is a little scary.  Do you understand that you can only have one version of the EZ Scenery Library active when using RTMM Sceneries and it must be EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D?

Do a search on your system for the following file (which contains object #4) and see where it shows up:

FSXP3D ron_ez housez and buildingz.bgl

It should only exist inside the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\Scenery folder.

Rod