Author Topic: RTMM OBjects Library Topic  (Read 422226 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
RTMM OBjects Library Topic
« on: January 08, 2015, 10:44:47 AM »
The Object Libraries can pose a hurdle for new people coming to RTMM, (and they can give some of us "old hands" a struggle also). The libraries "hold" the objects (structures), and textures (paints) for all of the things we "place" into the RTMM sceneries. These libraries contain thousands of objects, and they must be loaded to your simulator or they will not be seen.

This topic area is where we will discuss the object libraries, how to install them, tips and tricks of using them, and solve any problems you might encounter with them. 

Doug Linn/RTMM
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 07:37:39 PM by Doug »

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: RTMM Objects Library Topic
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:25:13 PM »
Folks,

This should be a great place for questions and discussions concerning our libraries, updates, answers, etc.

Please keep all subject matter here focused on our libraries.

Brad

rritter

Re: RTMM OBjects Library Topic
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 07:40:04 AM »
Installed all the new RTMM libraries part 1 and 2, but my addons folder is outside FSX ( E: drive ) on C: drive, I put the libraries in a specific folder called "RTMM libraries". Everything seems to work perfectly, except the hangars and main building at Misty's Place are black ( #4 of the scenery tester says missing although all the libraries are installed ). Should I place all the libraries inside FSX in the ADDON SCENERY FOLDER ? Also I have still Loney's EZ library active for the sceneries outside ORBX SAK. 

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 09:23:03 AM »
Hi rritter,

It does not matter if you have the libraries on a different drive than FSX as long as they are linked properly in the Scenery Library.  The fact that #4 is missing in the scenery tester means that the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D object library is not installed properly.   Re-check the scenery library entries....if they look okay, then try deleting the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D from the scenery library and then reload it again.  If still not working, make sure that the size on disk of the EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D is about 880 MB and that it contains 3051 files.

If there are still problems, since I don't know anything about Loney's EZ Library, try disabling your Loney's EZ Library in the Scenery Library and see if it makes a difference just in case it conflicts in some way.

Rod

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 10:00:03 AM »
I had problems with Loneys sceneries long ago; they caused all kinds of elevation problems in the ORBX regions they overlap with. I'd deactivate them or get rid of them altogether if you use ORBX. The object libraries shouldn't make a difference if they don't reside in the Loney's scenery folders. I don't remember if they do or not.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 10:18:22 AM »
We had some problems with some locations that were right on the edge of Tongass X and PFJ.  We had some floating cabins, etc. If you are referring to those, the problem was the elevation differences between those two areas ... that has all been repaired. Could be you are talking about a different problem.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »
Doug, If you're responding to the Loney's elevation problems I had, one was with a Loney's airstrip just outside of SAK's Homer. Buried runways, cliffs, AI coming out of other clifs, etc. It was a mess due to the elevation adjustments inside of one of the Loney's bgl's. This certainly isn't at the edge of an area. I got rid of all Loney's.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 10:52:01 AM »
Nope, the ones I had problems with were over near the Bear Observatory.  A fellow had done a nice job on cabins and sprinkled them throughout Tongass X (we've used some of them), but a few of them were on the "line" between Tongass X and PFJ, and were "all over the place."  Different problem for sure.

rritter

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 12:29:15 PM »
Thank you Stiletto, I'll try that and let you know if it works.

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
I have downloaded Part III of the RTMM Libraries.

I'm pretty sure I previously installed Part I & Part II of the RTMM Libraries. Just to be sure. I want to mention first what is currently in my FSX and installed.

I created a folder, that I called RTMM Conversion Libraries. In this folder the following RTMM libraries are installed:
AhZX_Lib Sub Library FSXP3D
Ceyx_Sceneries_Library FSXP3D
EZ Scenery Library FSXP3D
RTMM Object Library FSXP3D
Rwy12 library FSXP3D

I'm pretty sure the above are parts I & II of the required RTMM Object libraries. In my FSX addon folder. I installed the above on 7/20/2014.

If the above are correct. I'm not sure how to proceed and install Part III of the required libraries  I'm looking at the install readme now?.

I'll be keeping all the OZx objects, because I do have all the OZx addons etc.

Thanks for any feedback before I continue and or try to install Part III of the RTMM Object Libraries.

GrayRider

Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2015, 10:08:15 PM »
Hi GrayRider,

You are correct.  You have Part I and II installed.  Follow the simple instructions for Part III and when you run the consolidator (RTMMTwo Consolidator.exe), it will transform the folder named RTMMTwo NonCon (which comes with the Part III download) into a new folder named RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D which you can then move into you RTMM Conversion Libraries folder as your 6th library. 

Rod 

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2015, 11:12:59 PM »
Just downloaded part lll. Wanted to comment on the DL speed...fantastic. Hats off to Dan for the great work he has done on the web site. Haven't executed anything yet but I'm sure it will be a piece 'o cake.
                                                    JJ
Jsapair

GrayRider

• I'm an old retired Vet from the USAF.
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2015, 03:45:55 PM »
Thanks Rod.

All went well installing Part III of the Library's required. Using/running the consolidator. It went real fast compiling part III into one folder called RTMMTwo Object LibraryFSXP3D.

GrayRider
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 03:26:57 PM by GrayRider »
Thermaltake Armor Full Tower, ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3, Intel i7 2600K SandyBridge 3.4 GHz - OC to 4.6 GHz, Corsair H70 Hydro CPU cooler, 16 Gigs of GSkill Ripjaw DDR3 - 1600, EVGA GTX570HD, 2500 MB of GDDR 5, 2.5GB, Corsair TX850 P/S, HT Omega 7.1 sound, AData S510 SATA III 120 GB SSD for boot dr

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2015, 05:04:27 PM »
Part III?

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2015, 05:09:27 PM »
Brad,
Check out the NOTAMS from the past few days.  :)
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support