Author Topic: a couple of stupid (probably) questions  (Read 3545 times)

roundrobin

a couple of stupid (probably) questions
« on: December 26, 2014, 03:53:35 PM »
Hi friends,
1. How do you take on fuel with the Beaver. I taxi to the pumps. Shut down and nothing happens. I tried the Shift/F keys and nothing. Am I missing a step? I have the engine off. Pictures at Hearing Bay dock.

2. Sometime when I pause my FS to the task bar, with the engine shut off, when I come back I cannot restart the engine, no matter what I try. My only fix so far is a change airplane and reload. Everything else works. Flaps, controls etc...

3. I still have to cycle the Anti-Aliasing on or off for my scenery to start properly. I probably will never figure this one out. If it is on, I turn if off and it works. If it is off, I turn it on and it works. I read hours of forum for this and can figure it out. Maybe a full reload would fix it but that is too much work. I just bring it up here in case someone reads it and figures it out.

Cheers

AL

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: a couple of stupid (probably) questions
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
Make sure you have the latest scenery for Herring Bay... The latest one is 12/12/2014.  Anything before that didn't have an active fuel pump(s). We have only recently been putting in fuel and windsocks...if you look at Table 1 on the FAQ page at the top under airport facilities, you'll see PF34 now has fuel(s)...two of them. The link in the location name, Herring Bay, will download the latest scenery for the location. Same as the link in the scenery page.  Those fuel pumps are all "eye candy"... We are making them deliver fuel and you can keep track of progress on the new Airport facilities tables on the FAQ page. I bet your Beaver is fine, try updating your scenery.

Doug

roundrobin

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 04:16:02 PM »
Make sure you have the latest scenery for Herring Bay... The latest one is 12/12/2014.  Anything before that didn't have an active fuel pump(s). We have only recently been putting in fuel and windsocks...if you look at Table 1 on the FAQ page at the top under airport facilities, you'll see PF34 now has fuel(s)...two of them. The link in the location name, Herring Bay, will download the latest scenery for the location. Same as the link in the scenery page.  Those fuel pumps are all "eye candy"... We are making them deliver fuel and you can keep track of progress on the new Airport facilities tables on the FAQ page. I bet your Beaver is fine, try updating your scenery.

Doug

Thank you Doug. Will update the scenery. Herring bay is one of my favorite stops! 

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2014, 04:50:28 PM »
Al,
I've run into the not being able to re-fire the engine thing on very rare occasions as well. I think it's a glitch somewhere in the aircraft model.It looks like you figured out a way around it, but I can't remember what I've done when this happens.

You don't need to shut the engine off to refuel either. Just pull up to the pump and come to a complete stop and the fuel will flow.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

roundrobin

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2014, 06:44:19 PM »
Al,
I've run into the not being able to re-fire the engine thing on very rare occasions as well. I think it's a glitch somewhere in the aircraft model.It looks like you figured out a way around it, but I can't remember what I've done when this happens.

You don't need to shut the engine off to refuel either. Just pull up to the pump and come to a complete stop and the fuel will flow.

Steve

Thanks Steve. At least that tells me that it isn't something stupid I am doing. Not a big deal in the scheme of things. I am learning more and more every day.

al

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 07:36:39 PM »
I just thought of something else about the engine re-start; make sure that you didn't turn the magnetos off by mistake.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 11:12:05 PM »
Have you tried CTRL-E if you have problems re-starting?
 8)
Later,

Spud

roundrobin

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2014, 02:06:00 AM »
Have you tried CTRL-E if you have problems re-starting?
 8)

Oh yea!  Ctrl-e doesn't work either. Mags on.  I used to fly it with just a keyboard way back when, and you never forget those commands. Just like DOS. Anyway, it is an easy fix by re-selecting the aircraft. Then resize all the windows etc......I have a feeling that if I re-loaded FS-x from scratch most of my problems would go away. But life wouldn't be so challenging :-) 

Al

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2014, 10:40:00 PM »
Reloading FSX from scratch or doing an FSX repair does have other ramifications IF you have FTX Global installed.  It will overwrite the new Global textures with the old default texture in effect destroying FTX Global textures so if you re-install or repair FSX you will need to re-install Global again to regain the better textures it provides.
 8)
Later,

Spud