Author Topic: Parking/Starting Positions at Misty's?  (Read 12619 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Re: Parking/Starting Positions at Misty's?
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 10:33:20 PM »
Let me see if I follow. So with the 190nm for the J3, the we would have to have overlapping fuel "circles" of about 70 or 80 miles, for round trip and safety?  So we should make sure things are placed for that kind of a scenario? (by the way, that chart you linked is excellent). If we are going to do this, I'd like to get it as "correct" as we can. I'm not a pilot, and haven't spent time thinking or learning about fuel management. (I'm good at placing campfires and cabins with smoke! :-). So I'm no expert in this area. I know how to place a fuel trigger, but "where" strategically is a question for me. I know the Brad's need them, but that scenario is linking to objects. What you might be saying is we may need some new locations to be the strategy as well. The strategy we use should be developed by folks here in the forum, like you, that already have knowledge to help us understand what is needed so you can guide us to the best placement. Im totally open to discussions and ideas. I'll be working in the Brad's BBQ's for my own "practice" but if people have ideas beyond that, I'll need plenty of help in placing the rest of them. Suggestions and ideas are really appreciated.

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2014, 10:54:27 PM »
Roger that, Doug. Into huddle mode. Easy to recommend but you need concrete facts. I understand and will try to give you reasonable distances from RTMM areas that could use re-fueling stations. Over and out.
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 08:28:59 AM »
JJ,
I took a peek at the fuel dock file that you linked to. I didn't install anything, but looking at the xml code, the other files, and decompiling the fuel bgl's to check his code, I don't see why they shouldn't work. Make sure you activate the scenery files in the normal fashion. Also, you have to pull up to within 12m of his pumps and come to a complete stop to get refueled.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Doug

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 08:36:57 AM »
Fuel Management Thread ..... discussion being moved ...

We've hijacked our own thread! :-) (Actually I hijacked it!)  Let's keep this one for starting points and move the refueling discussion to a new thread ... "HERE". I've referenced this thread there so people can see the beginnings of the discussion.

Doug

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 07:23:49 PM »
OK ... it is "uploaded" and ready to download.  Be careful with ONE THING on this download and install ... DELETE your old Misty's Place Folder then replace it with the downloaded copy. DO NOT 'Overwrite", there has been a name change on the mistys place bgl file and you'll get duplicates. (This is the SAFE way to update any of our files ... delete/replace ... makes sure you've got the latest and no problems with file name changes.

With this new folder, you'll get the Heli start, I've made a grass pad with lights on the corners for nighttime operation. I moved the big helicopter a little further away from it.  Of course, the windsocks are already in it, one on each end of the runway and one out at the SPB (lighthouse).

There is also now an NDB for Misty's Place ... Frequency 359.  I'm having fun with this new feature myself. I usually fly "low and slow" but on a pretty day, it is fun to fly higher, (3500 feet) and go "directly home" to Misty's Place ... getting to see some different scenery. The NDB has a 27 mile range. The NDB is located at the 35 End of the runway (toward the lighthouse).  It is an old WWII NDB that were were able to restore. :-). (We go cheap!).

Enjoy the updated file ...

Doug

Great work!!!
Thanks so much for the helo starting point. Very Cool! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

simurq

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2014, 08:02:41 PM »
Doug,

DELETE your old Misty's Place Folder then replace it with the downloaded copy. DO NOT 'Overwrite", there has been a name change on the mistys place bgl file and you'll get duplicates. (This is the SAFE way to update any of our files ... delete/replace ... makes sure you've got the latest and no problems with file name changes.

Hope I'm not asking too much and sorry if it's been answered already but would it be possible to also update the readmes listing the names of renamed/removed files to avoid the problems you've mentioned above?

I know, I'm sort of "violating" RTMM's recommended installation instructions but I, and possibly other fellow pilots, use a combined scenery package and your "no" will mean (and understood with due diligence) a price we have to pay for such a violation...  :P

Thanks!
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

Doug

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2014, 08:34:56 PM »
Yes I should redo those readme's  ... oh me, one more thing. It'll be kind of back burner till I get this refueling project working on all eight cylinders. But a good point. 

D

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2014, 11:08:08 PM »
Concerning A/C range and fuel pumps;  In real life if you fly a cub and the destination is too far to fly round trip due to fuel range you simple don't use that A/C to fly the trip unless you can stick a couple of Jerry Cans of fuel in the front seat.  If your destination is far away then the A/C range becomes a major factor in planning.
 8)
Later,

Spud

cfdog

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2014, 12:13:13 PM »
Sorry for what is probably a newbie Question  , real new here

Does Misty's Place have a floatplane dock.
If I select the PF20 airport I get  land only, just wondering if you can somehow take off from the  water there

Thank you
Garry

Doug

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2014, 12:21:16 PM »
There is PF21, but that will put you out in the water.  I'll put this one the list for starting points and see if we can help you.  But one way to REALLY enjoy Misty's Place is start with an amphibian at the new fuel box and  (in front of Misty's Place). Taxi directly across the runway and into the water (there are signs there to tell you where to enter the water). Put your water rudder down and follow the channel to the right (starboard) out toward the lighthouse. Following that little channel is a lot of fun and is why we made it.

Doug

cfdog

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2014, 12:28:14 PM »
Doug

That is exactly what I was looking for. You have made this so realistic and that is what I am looking forward to with your site, just fantastic stuff.
 The speed of your reply is very appreciated.

i am sure I will be asking much more as i start to snoop around.

Thank you again
Garry

Doug

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2014, 12:37:03 PM »
That's why we are here. Making this stuff is s lot of fun, be seeing people enjoy it is even MORE fun. It is a very "in depth" site.  Behind the scenes, we are working on the FAQ page where we are going to try to make more information available ... mostly from questions just like yours.  Happy to help ... enjoy the journey!

D

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2014, 10:12:50 PM »
cfdog. You can also come into the Misty's seaplane dock by water (PF21) and do the reverse of what Doug just said. Land at PF21, cruise up the channel, and pull up onto land to Misty's Place (PF20) that way. Plan-G Pic attached.
                                          JJ

Jsapair

cfdog

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2014, 09:30:08 AM »
Hello Jsapair

Sorry I missed your note,been busy getting used this area.
I will for sure try your suggestion.
I am new to floatplanes and sometimes with real weather on I have to take a gravol .
Love the touches that have been included in the scenery such as the other day at Big Lake Cabin if I recall seeing the Dolphins (fantastic)
Getting to like this site (community help).

Thank you
Garry

av8erjm

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2014, 10:38:40 AM »
Concerning A/C range and fuel pumps;  In real life if you fly a cub and the destination is too far to fly round trip due to fuel range you simple don't use that A/C to fly the trip unless you can stick a couple of Jerry Cans of fuel in the front seat.  If your destination is far away then the A/C range becomes a major factor in planning.
 8)

Flying real world with some of the guys on amphip's and straight floats it was a common practice with the guys I flew with to put a 5 gal jerry can in each float, These were mostly C180\185 and one guy flew a C206