Author Topic: scenery prioritiy  (Read 2064 times)

roundrobin

scenery prioritiy
« on: November 28, 2014, 01:10:41 AM »
Hi Friends,

When I did the Wilson River Lodge last night the Wilson Narrows Cabin was missing. So I did some reading and installed the PFJ service pack and tonight the PAKT service pack 1. When I went back to my Flight Sim at the Wilson River lodge, all was gone. So was Misty's place etc....I noticed that everything had been put down in the scenery library (move up and move down).
I moved everything back to the top above the FTX and it seems ok now. Is there a preferred order that one should maintain. And has this happened to someone else?

Cheers

Al

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: scenery prioritiy
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2014, 02:46:08 AM »
Hi Al,
     You need to go into your FTX Central options, and set an insertion point for the FTX entries that is below your RTMM scenery.  ;)

Here is a link to the Orbx forum, where this is posted.  You need to log in to see it though. 
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/28291-adding-a-scenery-library-insertion-point-ftxcentral-step-by-step/page__hl__%2Binsertion+%2Bpoints__fromsearch__1

Here is what it says:
The process of setting an insertion point for FTX entries is relatively simple.

Since there have been some recent enquiries about this, here is a run-through.

1) Stop FSX and Start FTX Central
1b.) Ensure that FTX Central is set to Default, then press APPLY.
2) Choose: Tools | Scenery Library Configuration | FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points
3) Position your selection at the point you wish the FTX library entries to be inserted
4) Choose the top "--> Set Insertion Point" radio button. The scenery list will change.
5) Navigate to the top of the FTX entries to confirm this is the order that you want.
6) Press "Save and Exit" (Bottom Right)
7) Start FSX to confirm that your entries are as you wanted (remember to Set FTX central to the appropriate region)

by Ian Routley on FTX Community and Support forums
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:58:54 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

roundrobin

Re: scenery prioritiy
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 02:22:47 PM »
Thanks Jeff,

Will do. Thanks for taking the time. That explains it well.

Roger, Wilco,   Out

:-)

Al