Author Topic: The Cabins - To/From Flight Plans  (Read 3653 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
The Cabins - To/From Flight Plans
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:51:17 AM »
COMING SOON! - To/From Flight Plans for all cabins and lighthouses. There will be over 300 flight plans ready for you to download. All of them are "low and slow" ... mostly 1200 foot altitude. Most of the cabins and lighthouses are already in PFJ, SAK, Tongass X and PNW. Those that were not included are available in a single zip download at the cabins page. (The Missing Cabins). With one download you can have all 300 cabins ready to discover. The new To/From zip file will have the "=" To and the "#" From plans. You simply unzip it and copy them from that folder to your sim's Documents folder. All are alphabetized to make them easy to find. Each cabin/lighthouse already has an exact mooring point latitude and longitude for the "#" From flight plans.  When completed, you will have over 700 To/From flight plans for all RTMM locations.   This project is about 50% completed as of this post.

Doug
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 09:52:49 AM by Doug »

Doug

Re: The Cabins - To/From Flight Plans
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »
Update ... all of the locations at RTMM now have a To/From flight plan.  These can be downloaded from the Here2There page for RTMM locations and from The Cabins page for the USFS cabins. There are over 760 plans available for you to put into your flight planner. They are all "named" alphabetically by the location so you can quickly find either the "TO" (= prefix) or the "FROM" (# prefix).  These will group together so they will not interfere with the plans you put in.  Also, if you decided you do not want them, then you simply go to the flight plan folder and select everything with an # or a = and delete them ... no harm done.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 08:39:02 AM »
Hi Doug,

Great work!   Thanks for your continuing efforts to make Bush Flying even easier!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 08:43:53 AM »
Wow, 760 Flightplans.....this means up to 2 years of flying if exploring one flightplan per day!
Thanks so much for your efforts, Doug!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Doug

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 11:23:11 AM »
One thing had worried me about this project, if you put all those into the documents folder for the sim, and bring them up in the flight planner, would it be overwhelming?  I've got them all in, along with my own stuff. It really isn't a problem. You can use the slider on the right of the window and really shoot through all of them in about 2 seconds. Slow down and scroll to the one you want.  I'm thinking about putting the "To" file and the "From" file together into a single zip. One less thing to download.

What is fun is just going down through the list, seeing a cabin I don't recognize or a place that I know is fun to fly to ... put it in the flight planner and let her rip.

The flying has been a little white knuckle the last two days up there, OPUS is giving me fog and clouds between 1000 and 5000 feet. Going into Punchbowl Lake Shelter, I had to actually land on the strait and wait for things to clear.  The weather in 2.3 with Opus is really amazing.  Before, you would just shrug your shoulders and keep going ... with the new "reality" ... you park it!

Doug

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 09:45:03 AM »
I've added all 20 lighthouses to the to/from plans in the "Cabins" zip file you can download from the cabins page.