Author Topic: Error with P3D  (Read 20924 times)

Dieter

Re: Error with P3D
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Well, maybe you'll wait for a possible change after version 2.3 or you must go the hard way.

Perhaphs one of your addons are causing tis problem. The only way to narrow this is to remove all additional airplanes and see if this problem is still the same.
Do you have any other addons that might not be P3D ready?
If still there maybe you have to do a reinstall.

Also, as I wrote above, it's still the question about FSUIPC.
Have a look here:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=3919.1

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »
 :) Update. Currently flying from CYYD to the new Rainbow Mountains Lodge. So far no CTD. Over five minutes in. That's progress considering I couldn't get more than a minute recently.

Here's what I did. I cleared out the shader folder. I reinstalled the C+++ Visual libraries, I uninstalled EMT and reinstalled. I installed FSUIPC again. I turned Accufeel off and on again. I went for a walk. I took a .... Nevermind.

So for right now, the error is not happening. Flying along nicely and enjoying a relaxing flight. Hopefully that error won't return.

Thanks everyone,

Brad

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2014, 12:15:48 PM »
I've got a shortcut to the shaders folder. Before I start P3D. I clear it. Have not had a problem since. LM ought to make this a part if the startup or shutdown. B4, I'd leave Misty's Place and just as I made the turn to Boswick Point, I'd have the problem, completely repeatable. Found the shaders answer in the ORBX forum.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »
I believe that MSVC100.dll is part of C++. Make sure you have the latest C++ version installed on your system. Looks like you are getting crashes from different sources.

To have to delete your shaders every time you want to run P3D is insane. Something tells me there are big problems LM has yet to solve.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2014, 01:03:15 PM »
 ;) Okay, I just completed an hour plus in P3D without the CTD. Flew from CYYD to PF19 and back again. OPUS weather, volumetric fog, etc. Great flight. I think the issue is resolved thankfully.

Brad

Doug

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2014, 01:03:45 PM »
We know we are dealing with basically a beta with P3D. I started with the first version and have come up through V2.2.  What is amazing is to see how well they solved the problems with each new version. Other than this problem, v.2 for me doesn't have any problems other than a few "lights" issues. The stability is far more reliable than FSX, it loads in a fraction of the time, the graphics are notably improved and the frame rates are tripled. The only thing "missing" for me is FSDiscover...and I used that a great deal for the trip tix and dispatches. If that ever comes out for P3D, my wish list would be complete.  I am not missing FSX.

Yoland

• When all else fails, read the directions!
    • Saint Paul Airlines - Keep the dirty side down.
Re: Going back to FSX
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2014, 07:33:40 PM »
Here's the popup error in P3D that I just got this morning less than a minute after taking off. Followed by a CTD.

If you set TESSELATION ON, even with the ruler set to minimum, you should avoid this error. It might slightly decrease you average fps score because this way it loads more computing charge to the graphic card, but it seems that P3D is designed and tested on last generation graphic cars built to use the tesselation process.
Very simple to do and really worth a try?
Good luck...
Yoland - St Paul Airlines CEO - SPA348

Doug

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2014, 08:01:54 AM »
Well, there's an error I didn't get yet, I'm jealous!  I thought I had collected all of them!  :-)  I have my tesselation on low...guess I'll turn it off so I can complete my error collection!   But seriously, this is good information, exactly the kinds of experiences and knowledge we seek here...thank you, Yoland. A good tip for people. I didn't know that about pushing info over to the graphics card.

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2014, 12:14:06 PM »
Hola que tal  ;)

Windows Vista, 7, or 8 users

this step and proceed  if you use Windows Vista, 7, or 8.

Completely P3D
    Right-click on the shortcut which you use to launch P3D
    Select "Run as Administrator"
    Launch P3D again ...

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]