Author Topic: The Aerosoft Beaver and One-Eye  (Read 3668 times)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
The Aerosoft Beaver and One-Eye
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:44:09 AM »
It's a love-hate relationship, I'll tell you!

I have now finalised two new planes in the Misty fleet - N002MM "Misty's Beaver" and N003MM "Missy Beaver"

02 is the clean one we use for carting the city slickers and their wallets around. She's the show-girl we use to impress.

03 is the working gal. She gets the jobs done, just as the Beaver ad says: "Half a ton, anywhere, any time"

They're both ex USCG and were rebuilt in the Eagleskinner yard just down the track from Misty's Place. If you look closely, you will possibly see the outlines of the USCG markings - even on the dirty Beaver.

The main trouble has been sorting out which models suit the mapping in the sim objects folder. As it is, you will end up with 10 new planes in your hangar; five each: clean and dirty. Amphibian, Floater, Standard Wheels, Tundra Wheels and Skis.

I am now working on (a set of?) zip folders for the easiest possible installation and I fear I may have to do one of each and eventually ask Doug to create a menu for you to select your preferences. Think you can manage that Doug?

You may also notice that I have started to give the planes "nose numbers" Misty's is 02 and Missy is 03. I should make the Super Cub "01" for conformity. Maybe I will, because if we ever get so far as to have a fly in, it will be nice to all flop in on Ketchikan together and line up down the GA parking apron there for a family shot with 01 to xx - depends on how many we get in the end. Depends on the painters here too...

I'll prep the zips wiith appropriate aircraft.cfg text this time.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: The Aerosoft Beaver and One-Eye
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 06:13:21 AM »
There are so many paints for the Beaver alone, that I have created this new page on my website for now.

This is a temporary measure so that you can get your Misty Beavers asap. In the meantime Doug will have to cross-load ten texture sets plus descriptions and install them into the aircraft repaints page.

Be aware - you will need to download the new interiors too - they are on that page.

Help yourselves from whichever source... eventually they'll all be here.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:50:29 AM by One-Eye »
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 08:43:44 AM »
Good stuff Chris!

GrahamP

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 08:52:25 AM »
Very nice work , Chris.  Thanks very much  :)
Graham

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 04:57:35 PM »
Hey folks, the repaints for the Misty's Beaver series is on the Enhancements page.  Thanks, Chris.

Doug