Author Topic: Tweaks in P3D Discussions  (Read 4623 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
Tweaks in P3D Discussions
« on: June 10, 2014, 07:02:24 PM »
Hi ... Now that we have the "basics" covered with the libraries, its time to get into the tweaks.  One that bothers me in P3D is the wake on the amphibian (or any watercraft).  They use the fs_wake effect. Right at the pontoons the contact points are great ... but a square intermittently shows up (probably as it is supposedly hitting waves).  Anybody got an idea on a wake that would get rid of that effect (as shown with the arrows)?

D

spirit_66

Re: Tweaks in P3D Discussions
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 10:53:38 PM »
Hi Doug,

maybe this should be posted at the LM forum?
I hope LM will solve all these wake and downwash failures in P3D v2.3

Spirit
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

Doug

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 07:19:42 AM »
Good idea. Sometimes it is a simple tweak, or something I'm just doing wrong. Better to find that out here among friends than get flamed for it among strangers. I like it ask here first. :-)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 10:09:46 AM »
I agree that information/help from folks your familiar with is always best when it solves a problem.  In this case the wake issue is a know problem with P3D and beyond the scope of RTMM as we would be messing around with someone else's code.  Asking here could be productive if somebody had solved the problem with their sim and shared that knowledge.  It always is the best course of action to report and/or search the site of the developer of the software to see how the anomaly is being addressed.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 12:13:01 PM »
What I dis muss was the effects...was cautious about just copying that file over to P3D.  I finally used the manual install for the maritime shipping programs found on our RTMM Shipping site...out the Tongass stuff in last.  Wasn't too difficult.  Or use those to grab the effects you need.

D

Doug

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 05:44:58 PM »
Here's another problem I encounter. You are running P3D ... sitting at an airport, everything OK. You then go to "world/scenery" and change (add, delete, move) a scenery file. When you hit "OK" the program reloads.  For me, when it hits 69% (when the autogen starts to load), it hangs up (I waited 2 hours last night while having supper thinking it was trying to do something ... it is not, it hangs. The only way back is to restart.  Anybody got an idea.

I have IS3 installed, but that is NOT the problem ... I had this problem before IS3 and I've taken it out and the problem remains ... it is somewhere in P3D.  One interesting thing though, when you go to adjust a new bgl and it "reloads" the scenery ... it hangs again at 69% right when autogen starts loading.

dexthom

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 06:46:22 PM »
They continue work on the bugs and perhaps some of these will get fixed.  The wake thing was reported on day one by me and Henrik.  The Tongass vessels don't show wakes since they are FSX type AI.  There is an exception, the Banzai that departs from Skagway is an FSX type AI and it does exhibit a wake.  I have been hoping that Jan would finally get his registration for P3D and he could check the wakes and effects and perhaps devise a solution to the problem.

Doug

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 04:11:11 PM »
Is this a bug anyone else sees?

Have P3D running. Go to menu bar, select WORLD and Scenery Library ... change something in there, select a scenry and uncheck it, then recheck it. Then hit OK and let it reload. As mine is loading the scenery, it hangs at 69% When Autogen starts to be added. I'd like to know if this is a "local" problem here or a bug in P3D. Could someone give this a check and let me know?  If it is a local prob, then I have to reload P3D ... if its a bug then we live with it until they fix it.

Thanks, Doug

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »
Hi Doug,
     Mine loads correctly.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Doug

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2014, 06:07:07 AM »
Thanks Jeff...that's what I needed.

D