Author Topic: Scenery.cfg file error  (Read 2806 times)

pipeorgan

Scenery.cfg file error
« on: June 09, 2014, 05:16:34 PM »
Hi

I am running P3D V2.2 and have installed  the new object libraries, thank you very much, and run the Scenery object tester which has confirmed that I have the required objects installed. After installing Misty's place I get the message,

Scenery.cfg file error. Local scenery directory(D:|Prepar3dv2\Addon Scenery\Misy Moorings|scenery) in scenery area 183 not found.

I have
FTX NA PFJ Pacific Fjords V1.1 Patch 004 April 2014
Tongass Fjords etc. installed and I believe that I have used the correct installation procedures. Could anyone please help?

Thanks  John
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 05:19:34 PM by pipeorgan »
Cheers

john

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Scenery.cfg file error
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 07:45:37 PM »
Hi John,
    Make sure there are no "typo's" in your entries.  Did you cut/paste the message to here?  Or did you type it?  It contains errors that would cause it to not work.  The most obvious one is Misy Moorings!  And I don't know why the pipe symbol is being used instead of backslashes at the beginning and end of the message.  It should be:

Scenery.cfg file error. Local scenery directory(D:\Prepar3dv2\Addon Scenery\Misty Moorings\scenery) in scenery area 183 not found.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

pipeorgan

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 02:59:00 AM »
Thanks Jefffor your reply,

Yes it was a typo in my email, so far have not found out how to copy the text from these error messages. I have therefore attached it as a graphic.
Cheers

john

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 04:59:23 AM »
When you get that error in FSX it's because you deleted a scenery folder from your hard drive without deleting it in the FSX scenery library first, (using the library menu within the program, or using a scenery config. editing utility.)
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

pipeorgan

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 05:49:58 AM »
Ooops. thank you all working now :-[
Cheers

john

spirit_66

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 05:50:48 AM »
Hi,
I had such an error because of moving the libraries RWY12 and EZ Scenery ... together with one folder too much to the addon scenery folder so the scenery folder wasn't directly under the EZ Scenery .... folder! It should be like this
E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\scenery

but in my case I had this
E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Addon Scenery\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D 6-7-14\EZ Scenery LibraryFSXP3D\Scenery
The bold folder was too much.

I hope this helps.
Spirit
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 01:58:03 PM »
Hi Spirit,

Though the install instructions don't direct you to install the dated folder, it will work that way.  You just have to make sure you dig down to the non-dated folder level when you enable the library. 

Rod

spirit_66

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 10:49:54 PM »
Hi Rod,

that's right but I didn't realize the advanced folder structure and wrongly pointed to the first folder. Anyway I could solve this little problem after a moment of surprise.

Thanks
Spirit
Regards from Chiang Mai (VTCC) / Thailand