Author Topic: Sound Enhancement files for Misty's Place - A Long story to tell  (Read 14323 times)

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
Sound Enhancement files for Misty's Place - A Long story to tell
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:13:46 PM »
I downloaded all of the sound enhancements earlier and simply installed them as directed. 8)

As time went by I was wondering where I was supposed to be at Misty's to hear these sounds. :o

I did not check back on the forums as I (usually) am the problem. I checked and checked my install with no joy.

I then decided to try the sound files. Yep, they work
I then decided to check the fx files.
They seemed to be OK so I stuck with the Misty's Hangar sound for my studies.

I messed around more than I would like to admit all day and eventually did get the effect to work as  a new bgl at a different airport. I even managed to get IMM to use it and when the mission started I heard the sounds of the effect.

I then got the bgl2xml tool working and stared at the files for a while.

A couple of things caught my eye;
a) The apostrophe's are nasty things and confuse me so I removed them from the fx, xml and related files.
b) The effect file refeerence that I found in the bgl was not the same as that which I downloaded; for example,
an fx file call looks like fx_misty'sSomethingSomething but the actual fx file was named like fx_mistys_something_something. So I changed the xml to reflect the actual name of the fx file (with no 's).

I then recompiled the bgl's from these new xml files and placed them in a new scenery folder up higher than where misty's other scenery files are and reloaded FSX. (I wanted to be very safe at this point)

Much to my relief Misty's is now full of sounds.

If my issue is found to be an issue for any others I can make my files available for review.

P.S. I am still looking for the party.wav file. I do not seem to have it.

<Effect
         effectName="fx_MistyCabinFire"/>

My new version:
<Effect
         effectName="fx_misty_cabin_fire"/>

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Sound Enhancement files for Misty's Place - A Long story to tell
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 10:45:39 PM »
My experience at Misty's Place is just the opposite, I can here the festivities in the bar but no other sounds that I have found so far.
I would be interested in you files to try and see if there are more sounds.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:13:49 AM »
I have sounds at Misty's.  Up near the house at the North end for sure.  I'll go use Bob and walk the length and note what/where I hear in sounds.  Would be great if there was a list of locations to check against.
  Back later with results posted as an edit to this one.

Edit   So far I have found the party.wav in my main fsx/sound folder.  I hear it at Misty's everywhere, from the lighthouse, cabin, hangars, Misty's.  I also hear the gulls.  Had to make sure I had the Environment sounds turned up in Options/Sound in the sim to get the best effect.  The party sounds are heard from evening/night/and into the early morning, not during the middle of the day.

Nina's has great sounds too and the George Inlet Cannery cracked me up.  The whales (one of them) did make a broaching sound on occasion, same party music in the evening by the buildings, gulls.  Seeing the salmon jumping was a surprise!

I rechecked my installation and all files were placed as per the read me. 

Copy the *.bgl files to your Misty Moorings Scenery Folder
 Copy the *.wav files to FSX\Sound Folder
 Copy the *.fx files to the FSX\Effects Folder

Hope this may help.

ps  couldn't resist this shot at George Inlet Cannery

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:01:08 AM by Dragnhorn »
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »
Thanks for the replies.
I shall download the files again and compare to what I have.
Perhaps there are some differences.

Dexthom

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 03:37:07 PM »
Did you get the problems worked out??

canuck21a

• Getting Acquainted
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 08:34:08 PM »
Just sent you a PM.

Did you get the problems worked out??

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 11:18:54 AM »
As mentioned in another post about sounds I did raise the volume in FSX for environment sounds and they are louder.  As a test after I had louder sounds I went to 'slew mode' (y key) and the sound were very muted, to the point of barely hearing them.  After coming out of slew mode the sounds were still muted and it took a refresh of the texture (reload textures) to get the sound volume up to where it is audible again.  Just returning to FSX from slew did not do it for me.
If you are trying to check sounds by slewing to different parts of the scenery I'm afraid it will be ineffective from what I have observed.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 09:19:14 PM »
After reading canuck21a's post about file names I checked the files for Misty's Place sounds and found that, as canuck did, the file names called in the BGL files are not the same as the file names of the effect files except for the party.wav.  That is why that is the only one I could hear.
I took the opposite approach to the problem however.  I haven't messed with bgl2xml tool since God was a kid so I renamed the effects files to match what is is in the BGL files and put the newly named files in the Effects folder of FSX and now I have all the sounds at Misty's working as advertised.

As an example the .bgl named misty's_bar_music_fsx.bgl when opened shows a call for fx_Misty'sBarMusic.  I renamed the effect file fx_misty_bar.fx to fx_Misty'sBarMusic.fx.  Other than the fx_party.fx  which is correct I renamed all the fx files to match the bgl file call.

I hope this makes sense.  If you do not have anything but the party sounds in the bar at Misty's then this will give you the sounds as they are meant to be.
 8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 09:30:46 PM »
I am assuming that the names MUST match between the .bgl and .fx files for the sounds and in the Misty's sounds they do not match.  Might want to consider altering them in the download so the sounds will work when installed according to the instructions.  The files I'm working with were downloaded this afternoon to make sure I had the latest.
 8)
Later,

Spud

aeugli

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 02:30:24 AM »
Thanks a lot Spud

for your workaround with the Misty´s sounds.
I did it the same way as you did ... and the first time I´m not only SEE the campfire but I also HEAR it :D
Cheers Rainer
Rainer

i7-3770K@4.5G|Intel DZ77GA-70K PCIe 3.0|Noctua NH-D14|Mushkin Redline 8GB@2133 PC3-17000 CL9 |Gigabyte GTX 680 OC|301.42 WHQL|4xSamsung SSD 830 256GB|1x VelociRaptor 1TB|Asus Xonar 2DX|Teufel 5.1 Soundsystem|Seasonic Platinum 1000W|Lian Li PC-V212 | HP ZR2440|3xFujitsu P-23T 3D

Dieter

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 03:31:39 AM »
I did this small workaround, too.

I changed these:
- fx_misty_bar.fx
- fx_misty_cabin_fire.fx
- fx_misty_cabin_gulls.fx
- fx_misty_cabin_wind.fx
- fx_misty_light_gulls.fx
- fx_misty's_hangar.fx
- fx_misty's_place_environment.fx
- fx_misty's_place_night.fx
into:
- fx_MistyBarMusic.fx
- fx_MistyCabinFire.fx
- fx_MistyCabinGulls.fx
- fx_MistyCabinWind.fx
- fx_MistyLightGulls.fx
- fx_Misty'sHangar.fx
- fx_Misty'sPlaceEnvironment.fx
- fx_Misty'sPlaceNight.fx

Now I have all sounds  :)  :D

Dieter
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 04:37:12 AM by Dieter »
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

alexf

• My photogallery
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 05:53:04 AM »
Did not know about this. Went to the sounds page and the "S" button in the "Sounds of Misty" does not do anything. Please have somebody check to see what's wrong. Getting sounds would be nice.

Dieter

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 06:04:28 AM »
Confirmed, this one doesn't work.

Dieter
Many greetings
Dieter

Intel(r) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU 4,5 GHz - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 - RAM 16GB - 3 SSD je 500GB - 1 SSD 1TB - 1 HD 1TB - Win10 Pro 64 bit - MSFS Premium Deluxe - Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Thrustmaster TFRP Pedals

Dexthom

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 07:36:22 AM »
Doug is in the process of putting up the service pack for this.

EDIT I just checked the sound download and it is linked to the wrong file!  I will notify Doug
on this.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 07:39:15 AM by Dexthom »

Dexthom

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 07:46:15 AM »
I just checked the link and it downloaded the proper file for the service pack.