Author Topic: AI Shipping Projects for P3Dv2  (Read 18754 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: AI Shipping Projects for P3Dv2
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 07:40:46 PM »
Jeff ... just checking myself.  If, when you pull up FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery, if you click on the top of the name column, then everything alphabetizes ... and all the "traffic..." files are together. You can grab them all and put them into P3D.  But if you don't do this, be VERY careful you don't pick off an "elevation" file ... it is EASY to do. 

D

Yes, I'd agree with that.  You could group all the "traffic_" files together and grab them easily that way.  But be sure to check the list for other traffic files you might want that are not started with the word "traffic", eh.

I have to report that I am regretting this move.  I grabbed a bunch of traffic files and stuffed them into P3D.  Now I can't use the "Load/Save" functions of my P3D.  I get CTD when I press the load flight or save flight buttons.  They say a re-install of P3D is the solution to that.  Ughh!  (I don't miss the load/save functions that much.)  I can live without them.  It still "autosaves" through FSUIPC.
And don't put any "WOAI" (World of AI) or other FS9 traffic files in P3D.  It will also mess things up.  Be careful to only install traffic files for traffic you know you want. 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 07:43:08 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 10:03:22 PM »
Of course you DO back up your HDD on a regular basis so that a complete reinstall is just a matter of restoring your latest backup, right Jeff?   ;)
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 10:08:01 PM »
Of course you DO back up your HDD on a regular basis so that a complete reinstall is just a matter of restoring your latest backup, right Jeff?   ;)

Ya know, that sounds like a good idea.  Sadly, I am terrible about system organization and maintenance.  I throw caution to the wind, and live on the jagged edge.   :o

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

DocBird

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2014, 03:19:33 AM »
I manually copied all the MM Ai traffic files leaving everything else in my FSX installation. So I may not have each and every shipping file but stayed on the save side (I hope!).

I did a one hour testflight along the inside chanel (between Vancouver and Powell River) and there were a lot of cruise ships and container ships as well. So I think I was successfull.

I, furthermore, used a tweak that I found in the Orbx-P3D2-forum to make the water look better and I must confess that it looks (at least) like in FSX now. Now all that is missing is the wake effects for the AI-ships.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2014, 06:56:57 AM »
Doc, got a URL in the tweak?  BTW, If you are using Owikeeno, that has some special boats and it's own routes in the zip.

dexthom

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 07:34:31 PM »
Early on when I first installed P3Dv2, I copied all my FSX traffic and AI aircraft over.  Later I found that I could not load or save a flight.  I removed the AI aircraft in groups and found the culprit, an HTAI Cessna 208.  I removed it and replaced the rest and it have worked fine since.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 08:01:31 PM »
Early on when I first installed P3Dv2, I copied all my FSX traffic and AI aircraft over.  Later I found that I could not load or save a flight.  I removed the AI aircraft in groups and found the culprit, an HTAI Cessna 208.  I removed it and replaced the rest and it have worked fine since.

Aha!  I will remove AI aircraft.  ;D  Thanks for posting this, Dex. ;)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:04:11 PM by jeff3163 »

Asheroo

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2014, 08:38:56 PM »
I copied over all the boat files into P3Dv2 and it's unfortunately crashing when I turn on shipping AI. Quite possibly I should have followed the advice above to not overwrite the P3D boat files.  :-\
- Ashley.

Efficiency & Effectiveness. Honesty & Modesty. Experiencing & Sharing.

DocBird

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2014, 11:42:14 AM »
Doc, got a URL in the tweak?  BTW, If you are using Owikeeno, that has some special boats and it's own routes in the zip.

Sure, Doug! Here you go:
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79606-how-nvidia-inspector-makes-water-look-ok/
I like it  ;)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2014, 07:17:06 AM »

Aha!  I will remove AI aircraft.  ;D  Thanks for posting this, Dex. ;)

I got it!  It's working again.   8)  I will be more careful after this.   ;) 

DocBird

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2014, 04:58:44 AM »
I did some more flying in PFJ area around PAKT. I found out that there are AI ships that have a wake effect and others that don't. It appears that those with the effects are cruise ships without names on it (default AI ships?).

Maybe one with a sound technical knowledge can look and find out why the one ships have a "backwash" while the others don't.

One more thing though: I noticed that with the AI ships that have a wake effect it appears as if the wakes happen on the railing and not on the water surface. Looks strange for sure...

dexthom

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 08:21:42 AM »
There are numerous AI vessels out there.  If you spot an anomaly, get the name of the vessel and report it in a post.  If we can identify the vessel we will try to get a fix for it.

DocBird

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2014, 12:16:59 PM »
There are numerous AI vessels out there.  If you spot an anomaly, get the name of the vessel and report it in a post.  If we can identify the vessel we will try to get a fix for it.

Hi Dexthom,

I thought that all the RTTM-AI-Ships are running without the wake-effect in P3D 2.2 at the moment.

There are, however as pointed out above, some AI-ships (maybe the default shipps?) that have a white wave rail behind them. I just wanted to report this for the unlikely possibility that I am the first one to notice this.  ;)

dexthom

« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2014, 03:15:12 PM »
Our packages include default, Tongass and Henrick's vessels.  If you can get a name off the fantail, I can probably correct the problem.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
Dex,

I came across the Exxon Long Beach today and it had a pink wake. I'll keep an eye out for ships and report back to you since I'm pretty familiar with the ships we are using. I'll report if the wake is missing, discolored, or any other anomaly.

Brad