Author Topic: What airports would RTMM like to see?  (Read 21042 times)

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
Re: What airports would RTMM like to see?
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 06:47:20 PM »

hello, friends ALEX approach, is highly commendable as you know tongas is not affected by Orbx team,
this is a dungeon in the area  :D
His approach is whether? Would you agree that Orbx by Alex 's key business touch areas or not in creations RTMM

either you give it an airport or airfield that does not implement the sceneries  RTMM ....... Or.....?

this is why..! I advised COOPER MINE, my post at the beginning 

So at your convenience to choice  ;)

good Sunday

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 07:48:08 PM »
Alex, love the idea of a package of small airstrips as I think that's what most of us at RTMM fly. I'm sure there are enough of them to make more than one package...maybe start at the northern end of SAK and work your way south. I'm in.
Jsapair

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2014, 03:15:48 PM »
Hello Alex,

Really appreciate you taking the time to ask us here at RTMM for some ideas. I was in the process of creating my own small airstrips enhancement project for  RTMM but I'm currently out of commission with FSX/P3D due to my machine going poof! I'm saving funds for the next machine.

But here is the list I had compiled to do.

Airstrips to enhance

CAD3 Wolverine
CEK2 Braeburn
CFP8 Cousins
CFY5 Pine Lake
CYSQ Atlin
CBS4 Mule Creek
A67 Harlequin Lake
A69 Tanis Mesa
A57 Alsek River
AK76 East Alsek River
Ptarmigan Lake (Unlisted)
KGZ Glacier Creek
MYK May Creek
McCarthy (Unlisted)
Z93 Copper Center
CXC Chitina
Tahneta Pass (Unlisted)
Z14 Tazlina
SMU Sheep Mountain
K55 Thompson Pass
5HO Hope

I hope you make bush scenery airstrip packages as well instead of larger airports. I think for our community at RTMM, and most fans of ORBX, low and slow is the way to go!

Brad

Alex Goff

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2014, 04:30:16 PM »
Hello Alex,

Really appreciate you taking the time to ask us here at RTMM for some ideas. I was in the process of creating my own small airstrips enhancement project for  RTMM but I'm currently out of commission with FSX/P3D due to my machine going poof! I'm saving funds for the next machine.

But here is the list I had compiled to do.

Airstrips to enhance

CAD3 Wolverine
CEK2 Braeburn
CFP8 Cousins
CFY5 Pine Lake
CYSQ Atlin
CBS4 Mule Creek
A67 Harlequin Lake
A69 Tanis Mesa
A57 Alsek River
AK76 East Alsek River
Ptarmigan Lake (Unlisted)
KGZ Glacier Creek
MYK May Creek
McCarthy (Unlisted)
Z93 Copper Center
CXC Chitina
Tahneta Pass (Unlisted)
Z14 Tazlina
SMU Sheep Mountain
K55 Thompson Pass
5HO Hope

I hope you make bush scenery airstrip packages as well instead of larger airports. I think for our community at RTMM, and most fans of ORBX, low and slow is the way to go!

Brad

Great list, Brad! I've gone through and looked at them all, imagery prohibitive on some of them. Interestingly enough, the airstrip southwest of A57 is owned by my contact at Yakutat Airport. He operates a fishing cannery down there. I considered including it with Yakutat but the sheer cost of imagery was enormous. I'm going to keep investigating this list though :)

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2014, 09:18:19 PM »
Hi Alex, Brad,

Actually, I have a little different point of view.   I like low and slow and I like landing at ORBX level detailed airports like PAEN and the upcoming Homer.  I believe doing a whole airport and surrounding area like Seward or Valdez is beyond the scope of bush scenery developers like we have at RTMM.  Therefore, I look to ORBX to do those kind of airports and wouldn't want to give those up in favor of ORBX making a series of bush strips.  The developers at RTMM can do bush strips and have done them and will do them in the future.  But we won't be doing the larger airport areas with hi res ground imagery and many objects reproduced as one object to save frame rates like at Skagway etc.  Also, typically the best imaging tend to be closer to the airports that are a little larger which supports the hi res ground imagery that ORBX does so well.

I certainly don't want to get into flying over super detail ORBX level bush areas and then skirting a larger city that is low res and not really enhanced.  It is much easier for the suspension of reality in the mind to deal with a missing or poorly detailed bush strip or area versus a poorly done city area.   An example of what I mean is flying over our well detailed Halibut Cove and then flying over the blur of what currently is Homer.   It is pretty jarring to the suspension of reality.   I am sure that if ORBX Homer had been there first, no one would have even noticed the missing detail at Halibut Cove.

Just my two cents.

Rod

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2014, 07:14:13 AM »
Hi Alex,

After thinking about a bit, it would be nice to see ORBX do a set of bush strips in Alaska just for something different and to help provide more updated visuals in such a vast area.  At the same time, I hope ORBX continues to pursue the bigger cities like they have done at PAEN, PAYA and Homer.  Seward, Cordova and Valdez are all great targets.

I have actually started some work on the Ptarmigan Lake area so Brad and I do think alike and he has produced a great set of targets for bush development.

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2014, 09:43:04 AM »
Rod,

You rock!

Brad

Teecee

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
Spud, I might be wrong but I think that Alex is offering to do some freeware strip/s for RTMM.. surely that should be welcomed with open arms? Teecee.

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 07:10:13 PM »
I know  that Neil Hill is doing strips for NA, but haven't heard about Alex doing freeware strips.  But then you never know!
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »
I think we've been here before. I believe Alex said these will be payware packages, which is cool. Gotta pay these guys for their work. I've got no problem spending a few bucks for what you know will be a quality package, or several packages, of remote airstrips. Myself, I'm looking forward to functioning refueling stations in these remote areas. I like pulling up to the pump and refueling when I'm on a jaunt. A bar wouldn't hurt, either. Hahaha. Maybe one where Dragnhorn hasn't been caught cheating at liars dice. Just kidding...six sixes to 'ya.
Jsapair