Author Topic: A Favorite Place - The Mission at Owikeeno Lake  (Read 3163 times)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
A Favorite Place - The Mission at Owikeeno Lake
« on: February 25, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »
As I was going through all the files making everything DX10 ready ... I had to do all of the river runs again. There are 4 of them at Owikeeno Lake. One is the Machmel River.  At the northernmost headwaters you will find a tall mountain with a glacier that feeds the river. 

Owikeeno Lake "spans" two ORBX scenery area, PFJ and PNW. So you need both to view this properly. There are multiple locations in this package with airports and plenty of places for float planes, and a haven for the boaters.

As I changed all of the "bad" objects in Owikeeno, it gave me a chance to revisit this beautiful area. We have some areas in the RTMM area that are breathtaking, but I don't believe any quite with the sheer differential between high mountains and deep valleys as we can see in the "Gateway" area. The place to start at Owikeeno is "PF50" the Pacific Fjords Gateway Airport that is added there by this package. The package includes a canal that connects PFJ to PNW and a ferry boat that runs the length of the lake and docks perfectly every 45 minutes (pic below).

One of my favorite places is the mission (pics below).  On the mountain at the head of the Machmel River River, we've placed a monastery with a cabin down by the lake. It is a beautiful ending to a river run.  There is a helipad nearby for our rotorheads. You can fly from Machmel village by float plane up the river taking in the waterfalls and bridges ... and when you see the tall glacier ahead, you can land on the beautiful turquois glacier lake in front of the cabin.  If you have PNW and PFJ, this is a "must" download. You can see the readme (link below). It contains all the maps and descriptions for the multiple locations:

http://www.return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/zipfiles/owikeno_lake_area/owikeno_lake_area.pdf

PS: don't forget you can "click" on a picture to enlarge it.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 02:52:02 PM by Doug »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: A Favorite Place - The Mission at Owikeeno Lake
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 02:56:02 PM »
Listen to Doug folks.  I help check Owikeeno Lake when it was originally developed and again after Doug DX10end it.  you can spend a couple of weeks here doing the river runs and flights.  Well worth downloading and installing in your RTMM experience.
 8)
Later,

Spud

caseyfallen

• Official Casey Fallen Website
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 02:56:23 PM »
Beautiful Doug! Thanks for sharing!
Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 08:26:35 AM »
Looks fabulous, as soon as it is P3DV2 ready I am there.   
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 09:07:21 AM »
Robert,
that means you'll have to wait on ORBX to modify two areas to be P3D compliant. (PFJ AND PNW) might take awhile.   :(
 8)
Later,

Spud

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 12:01:58 PM »
Robert,
that means you'll have to wait on ORBX to modify two areas to be P3D compliant. (PFJ AND PNW) might take awhile.   :(
 8)

I got the patients I think.   :o
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 01:12:25 PM »
OK, Owikeeno looks best in summer anyway.  ::)
 8)
Later,

Spud