Author Topic: Misty's has been resupplied with Whistling Pig Booze  (Read 3000 times)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
Misty's has been resupplied with Whistling Pig Booze
« on: February 15, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
Whistling Pig Distillery came through with a supply flight this afternoon so the joint is ready to PARTY!

8)
Later,

Spud

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: Misty's has been resupplied with Whistling Pig Booze
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:33:44 PM »
I really must get me one of them... The Beech of course, not the booze. Elmer's #5 is being brewed locally with glacier water anyway.

There's something about the Beech 18 that just yells "Freight Dogs" at you. Talking of which, Mr. D, what's the situation? Will Freight dogs ever come to "X".

Talking of conversions and Milton Shupes wonderful planes, has anyone tried the awesome 4some default DC3 modification? It's googlabe.

Now, I am off to investigate the Beech.
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:46:38 PM »
Yes, the Twin Beech has a fond spot in my heart as well.  Back when it was still considered a 'normal' airplane and not a classic I earned my instrument ticket flying the SNB (USN version of the B-18).  It was the first plane I ever flew that after my first day at trying to land it, I came to the conclusion that you could actually get killed in this thing.  I made an approach to R/W 36 for a touch and go, got on the ground and by the time I got it under control I was at midfield and took off on R/W 03.  Now that is what you call piss poor directional control.
The old saying is only two kinds of pilots land SNB's those that HAVE and those that are GOING to bounce them.
Standing wheels watch one day at NAS Los Alomitos CA. I watched ADM 'Bull' Halsey try to land for about 1/2 hour before he got r' done.  The airplane just don't got no respect for nobody!
 8)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 08:07:35 PM by spud »
Later,

Spud

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
Sounds like "f" with a capital FUN :D
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)