Author Topic: Steves new DX10 Scenery Fixer version 1.4 is now available for download!  (Read 14939 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Steves new DX10 Scenery Fixer version 1.4 is now available for download!
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2014, 11:34:21 PM »
Thanks guys...I feel a lot better about that.
Jsapair

caseyfallen

• Official Casey Fallen Website
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2014, 12:31:57 AM »
 ;) No prob! Glad you spoke up! Would have sucked for you to miss out on the new adds. They are pretty amazing.

FSX is easily better than any of the competitors thanks to Steve's DX10 fix. Enjoy!

Be sure to try a night flight in low fog and rain. Something that use to be very boring and frankly just a mess in the past. Now lights of both ambient and man made look as they should in such weather. Pretty cool stuff.
Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »
The following is from Casey (Sent to me by email). You must follow these instructions carefully to uninstall and install the newest version correctly. (Thank you Casey!!)

1 .Download the latest build from the FSS store...go to "My Account"  ReDownload the program, it will be the updated version.

2. Double and Triple Check that your current version is installed in a sub directory of program files.
   NOTAM!!!  IF you have installed DX10SceneryFixer into your FSX directory, then do NOT UNINSTALL. Start at Step4 and install the    new version into the default location.

3: Open your current version of the "Fixer" and select "uninstall libraries" - if you run FSX using multiple user accounts follow the instructions in the manual!

3: Go to Windows Control Panel and "Programs & Features" "Uninstall a program" and select DX10 Fixer and uninstall

3a: Reboot computer

4: Select the latest version of the installer you just downloaded and "Run as Admin".

5. Enter license if prompted.

5a Do not close the wide splash window, it will close itself

5:Reboot Computer

6: Right click the Fixer icon that should be residing on your desktop, and select advanced, tick the box "Run as Admin"

7: Reinstall the libraries in the fixer and check your other options.

8: Run FSX and make sure all is good.

You can get all the details about the fixer straight from Steve on his BLOG: https://stevesfsxanalysis.wordpress.com/

jsapair

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2014, 10:54:45 PM »
Great info and thanks to Casey and Brad both. I'm going in. I'll check the original install but I always do default installs so I'm sure I'm okay...which is why I do default installs. When you get to be my age you don't need to have to remember where you put things. Anybody seen my glasses?
Jsapair

jsapair

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »
Ok, after the new update  the water shader is greyed out in the controller. Could REX or something be overriding it? Should I just leave it be? Need to do a test flight in the meantime.
Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 07:39:51 AM »
it's also very easy to recover  if some  is greyed out in the controller shader
uninstall librairies uninstalle Steve shader
put original SAHDER HLSL in the root folder FSX
and re installe SCENERY FIXER

and all become ok

an idea as another  ;)

Patrick
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2014, 08:27:24 AM »
Get the stock, original FSX Shader HLSL folder here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387343-the-how-to-doc/

I don't think you have to complexly uninstall the Fixer. Uninstall libraries, delete old shaders, install original ones., rerun Fixer and install libraries.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

NeptuneP2V7

• VA-AMC
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2014, 10:21:27 AM »
Get the stock, original FSX Shader HLSL folder here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387343-the-how-to-doc/

I don't think you have to complexly uninstall the Fixer. Uninstall libraries, delete old shaders, install original ones., rerun Fixer and install libraries.

8) that is  ;)
[size=16]Ryzen9 5900X 4.8 GHz / ASUS PRIME X570-P / Corsair Vengeance 32 Go DDR4 3600 MHz / ASROCK - VGA CARDS Radeon RX6800XT Phantom Gaming
Noctua NH-D15 / Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 250 Go / Fox Spirit US-850G 80PLUS Gold / Fox Spirit 31.5" LED - PGM315 V2[/size]