Author Topic: King of missing objects. : (  (Read 3992 times)

caseyfallen

• Official Casey Fallen Website
King of missing objects. : (
« on: January 03, 2014, 03:09:14 AM »
So I started with the missions you all have made! Wow! Such fun!

But along the route I came across another scenery where I seem to be missing the dock.

This time I made sure to have the coordinates on the picture. Hope you all can help me locate the Objects Folder I am missing/having an issue with. Thanks again.. and sorry for all the help questions lately. Been having a time over here.  :-\

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:12:06 AM by caseyfallen »
Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: King of missing objects. : (
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 03:24:25 AM »
That looks like Mesa Lake.  You are in DX10, right?  Only part of the dock is not showing.  I had that issue at another scenery before.  You're not missing the library, it's just not rendering the textures correctly.  Probably Woody's objects, off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:29:51 AM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:22:04 AM »
Looks like woody's piers objects are missing again. Casey just likes to make us work. :'(

What kind of trees are those though? Not default autogen from FSX that's for sure. My likey! I have TreeX so these must be the Zinertek ones?

Brad

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:40:45 AM »
Casey, my man. Here's how my Mesa Lake looks in DX10. Remember our discussion from a while back when I told you that ACX does not properly convert all textures for use with DX10? To be safe you HAVE to convert textures with Convimx to get things to work. Just sayin'. I don't use ACX anymore, per the DX10 gurus.

Taking a closer look at your screenshot, I can't figure out what the object is between the pier pilings or where it came from. It looks like some kind of a box on top of a yellow block. Looking at the pier in IS and also looking at the IS object list, there shouldn't be anything there but 3 Woody's pier objects!?!?!? I think something else might be going on here.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:47:08 AM »
Casey,
In your bottom screenshot it looks like you have trees on the hillside that are floating above the horizon, or is it just my imagination?
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

caseyfallen

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »
Hi Guys! Great to see the Calvery!

Let me clear up a couple of questions here.

First, yes, I am using the new Zinertech trees. They are amazing and all the cabins and especially Misty's Place now looks so real. So much more of the objects show around the scenery places now, due to the nature of these trees. I really like the look myself. You should check it out Bradallen43!  :D  Ualani, the tree's are not floating, they are just too far off to have rezzed in.

Second, the box on top of the pier is from the Dispatch #1 Mission offered here at Misty Moorings. They are suppose to be there, per the mission objects. So that is not part of the issue.

You could be right Ualani, but I have never had any such issue. I will look at the scenery objects folder suggested and also reconvert and see what happens.

I am wondering if maybe the mission itself could be part of the issue somehow.

Thanks for the lead guys!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 02:49:35 PM by caseyfallen »
Computer Specs: Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge - E / 3.6GHz, Cache Memory 10MB L3 cache, Liquid cooled. Memory is 32GB of RAM, Video cards are 2 x 3GB AMD Radeon/Saphire HD 7950, Hard drives are 512GB Samsung Pro SSD Main Drive and a 60GB back up SSD. Also have 2TB HDD hard drive and 500GB HDD

caseyfallen

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 02:56:59 PM »
I don't have a "Woody's Pier Objects"

I have:

Wood'y EZ_Cabin's

Woody's EZ_Mountain Men

woody's EZ_rocks_Boulders_snowdrifts

Woody's EZ_TotemPoles_Bears

So where can I download Woody's Pier Objects?

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 03:54:46 PM »
Casey,

Go to this page: http://woodysflightsimdesign.net/?page_id=352

Look on the left for "EZ Piers". I believe that will have you're missing.

Please report back. I know that these objects are causing issues with the DX-10, 11 crowd, which I am not in any way interested in BTW, sorry, I'll get P3D soon, anyway, I digress.

Let us know if you install that library and still don't see those piers, if so, then I need to go back in and remove those piers and use a common one. I know Doug was doing just that for those pier objects. And I'll need to ask Jeff to check that the new objects work with the objects Jeff placed for the mission. Shouldn't be tough if I make the pier elevation the same as the current ones.

Thanks Casey!

Brad

caseyfallen

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 05:32:10 PM »
Hi Brad,

Just got done testing. The new objects did not help the situation. Still nothing appears.

I think Ualani is correct about some texture types from FS2004 not being convertible with Add-on Converter X. This is the first time I have had this happen. Normally the converter just does what it does in the background and all is fixed.

Are you positive the name and/or this texture is the one in use at this scenery location?

I totally understand not wanting to try DX10 with all the bad info that has been put out there about it over the years. But honestly, all those issues are now fixed with DX10 scenery fixer. Not only fixed but made better then what P3D v2 is currently offering. To be honest, I see more issues with P3d and conversion issues these days then DX10 with the fix. The only issues DX10 ever had are the ones now fixed with the fixer and the texture incompatibility. Which is also fixable with Add-on Converter X and the program Ulani uses seems even better for texture issues. But I understand how you just want to not even take the chance, just to avoid any and all frustrations. But in that case, I would avoid P3D too then.

Thanks for taking the time with this Brad. Your scenery's are so much fun and very well made. I also want to say thanks in advance for going back to make it DX10 compatible. Very cool of you. I understand the true value of time. Thanks for yours!

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:33:50 PM by caseyfallen »

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 05:48:20 PM »
Woody's Pier Sections.bgl (or simply Ez-Piers on Woody's website) is included in the EZ-1 object library linked to on the scenery page, so if Casey has properly installed that particular library, he should already have it.

I didn't know that the box and yellow post were part of the mission.

The name of the pier object is clearly listed in the Instant Scenery object list in my above screenshot.

"Normally the converter just does what it does in the background and all is fixed."

Wrong my friend.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 05:52:17 PM by ualani »
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 07:00:25 PM »
(Trivia) :o
There are actually four pieces that make up that pier.  Woody's pier sections.bgl #0, #1, #3, and Woody's dock stuff.bgl ladder_8'.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:05:43 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

caseyfallen

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 07:43:19 PM »
Ualani is correct. This is a texture that fails to convert. Why that is? Who knows!

I did more digging and I found that if I do a quick swing of the camera I can catch the dock before the texture rezz. As you can see in the picture below. It is there. But once it rezzes in.. it takes on the "Predator Effect" or transparent texture. (As I have adopted the Predator term from Jeff ; ) )

Also...you may notice I have the black "no texture" look, rather than the white, as if I am not DX10. That is another Steve fix. Pay no mind.

I also included a close-up shot of the stuff on the dock. Because some of you seemed disturbed by what was there. Again, those items come from the Dispatch #1 Mission offered here at Misty Moorings.