Author Topic: Orbx PAEN Kenai airport - first pictures  (Read 4569 times)

jsapair

• Don't follow me, I'm lost.
Re: Orbx PAEN Kenai airport - first pictures
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »
Steve, yeah I've got the old ORBX "slower" fix too but my 'outside the airport' traffic is ridiculous. Would it help that? If you think it might pls email me your file off site at:

jsapair@att.net

Jsapair

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 08:45:28 AM »
Jaspair,
If you have the old Orbix fix installed on your system, here's how to adjust your traffic speeds:

Navigate to C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Look for a file called "LWcfg.xml"

Open in notepad

Go to the "edit" menu and scroll down to the "replace" option

Click on it and enter "<TrafficSpeed>55.000</TrafficSpeed>on the top line.

NOTE: If you can't find that exact line, look a few lines down from the top of the list and find the first 
<TrafficSpeed> entry and see what number follows. Enter that number in the replace option instead of 55.000. (<TrafficSpeed>WHATEVER THE NUMBER IS</TrafficSpeed>

Enter <TrafficSpeed>xx.xxx</TrafficSpeed> on the second line, where xx.xxx represents the new speed you want your traffic to zip around at. (I use 35.000 as my speed.) Play with this number in FSX until it suits your needs.

Hit enter, then save the new file.

If you have any files in the folder with an .spb extension, (for instance "LWcfg.spb"), rename it to "LWcfg.spb.off" if it isn't like that already.

Let me know if you run into any snags with this fix. It's really pretty simple as long as you have the LWcfg.xml file that the Orbx utility created for you. If not, we can create one for you.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2013, 11:17:15 AM »
ualani,
I looked in the folder specified and ONLY found the .SPB file there but the .XML file was located in FSX/ORBX/Goodies/Slower_Vehicles-LWcfg\
I modified it as per your post and renamed the .SPB to .OFF.  I'll check the results and report back.
 8)

EDIT:
Now that is weird as wooden nickels!  Now when I open the FSX folder in the given location the .XML file is now present in it's un-modified form and the SPB file has an .OFF extension to it.  I will try once again to follow your instructions and look at the results.

EDIT 2:
Well the file, as directed in the original post, in the Users folder was modified per your instructions and FSX runs just fine and the traffic is slower than previously.  Thanks for the tip on how to make things "As real as it gets" like M$ likes to say.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 11:46:38 AM by spud »
Later,

Spud