Author Topic: AI Traffic Radio Calls  (Read 5912 times)

GrahamP

AI Traffic Radio Calls
« on: February 14, 2011, 04:54:35 PM »

As per the above screenshot, sitting at Misty's listening to AI traffic, I'm getting two aircraft calling inbound to two different places 33nm apart but both calling as 2776.

Also, strangely, the aircraft inbound to 84K gets closer, then further away, then closer, then further away, then closer, then further away again.

I don't know if this is due to some limitations in the way this traffic programmed.  Just flagging it up to see if this can be explained.
Graham

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
Re: AI Traffic Radio Calls
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 05:00:56 PM »
The number is the same because the same aircraft model has been used, they are in fact all different planes as in that they are individual but use the same flight number.

What you are hearing at 84K is two aircraft reporting their respective positions, one is further out than the other.

We just made some traffic to busy up the seaplane bases as there was no traffic at all to them, we didn't go all out to make a full package with proper flight plans and numbers, but I would like to see the 2776 get varied, I may attempt an edit sometime, unless Dex beats me to it! :)

GrahamP

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
Roger that.  Thanks for the explanation  :)
Graham

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 06:40:04 PM »
I have revised the flightplans to improve the radio calls by increasing the variety and also added a few new paints, I have sent the updated file to Doug for upload to the site, keep an eye on the NOTAMS and enhancements page for news of it's availability.

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:28:05 PM »
All ... go to the Enhancements Page ... under AI-float-plane-traffic ... you'll see the NOTAM beside the "zip" download icon.  That's the NEW file from Kim.

Doug

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 02:06:42 AM »
You're never alone with schizophrenia ;)
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 02:52:11 AM »
Quick heads up from Dex, the filename on this is different from the original, so it will not overwrite but will sit as another version giving you duplicate traffic, you will need to delete the original traffic file.

I have sent an updated readme to Doug, apologies for the lash up! :o

GrahamP

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 09:13:50 AM »
You guys are really on the ball.  Thanks very much for that  :)
Graham

GrahamP

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 02:43:49 PM »
Just got home and downloaded the update.  I notice there are no ***_adex_kg. bgl files in the new zip file, so anybody who doesn't already have them won't get them.  Are they still required?
Graham

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 02:48:28 PM »
Hmm, all that was meant to be replaced was the traffic file, I will let Doug know. I did not expect the whole thing to be changed just an additional file to download. ah well.

Doug

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:15 PM »
Kim ... we need a single replacement file. So if someone downloads the "new" one they've got it all.  Shoot it at me and I'll get it up there so there will be no confusion.

Doug

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2011, 03:44:19 PM »
It's on it's way even as I type.

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2011, 03:50:10 PM »
 ;D
All right don't make me come over there!
 ;D ;D
Have not installed the AI yet because I only got TongasX a couple of days ago but noted that the part II was not a complete install as downloaded but then I always try to check exactly what is in a download before I use it to prevent problems.
I'm assuming that once Kim has provided the 'new file' the original will disappear from the download section?

::)
Later,

Spud

Avian

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2011, 03:53:12 PM »
It should do, the new file I sent is a V1.1 update, it is the complete set, but for those who have already installed the first version, the only file that need replacing is the traffic bgl, it's all in the readme as well.

Doug

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2011, 04:48:38 PM »
The version 1.1 update is on the site ... you can download it now from the Enhancements Page.  PS (Everybody, please read and follow the instructions Kim gives in the readme included in the download).

Thanks
Doug