Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990032 times)

GoBeeCee

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #195 on: July 25, 2012, 11:57:26 AM »
Hello to all of you !

Two months ago me and my wife were so lucky to enjoy the astonishing nature of British Columbia. A.o. in Vancouver we made a great scenic tour with the DHC-2 Beaver and became fans of this beautiful plane ! As a 500+ hours FSX-enthousiast I would like to fly more on this bush-plane (or similar) and discover the beauties of the 'Misty Moorings'-area.   

Happy flying !

5 x LCD 22"; AMD HD6970; MSI-Z68A-GD65; i7-2600k; W7-64; SSD1-512Gb; SSD2-240Gb; HHD-1Tb; CoolerMaster CM690II; Saitek yoke+rudder, 2xthrottle quadrant, trimwheel, 2xradio, multi, switch, TPM, TrackIr5, Buttkicker2 + >500W subwoofer

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #196 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »
Ho GoBeeCee!!
Welcome aboard here on RTMM!! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #197 on: July 25, 2012, 04:08:33 PM »
Hi there, GoBeeCee, and welcome to the nicest place to fly in FSX.

Your forum handle reminds me of a family anecdote:  About ten years ago, on a typical Canadian crappy-weather day in early March, my wife looked out the window to see a scrawny young black cat eating some "ugly food" we'd left out for the crows.  She figured it was pretty doggone hungry to be eating that stuff, so she put a bowl of kibble out for it.  The cat vanished when he saw her.

The poor little guy was obviously feral -- or close to it -- but he came back during the night and licked the bowl clean.  Next day, the black cat was there, hiding in a nearby bush, and we fed it again.

Each day at supper time, we put a bowl out and I could watch "The Black Cat" through the window as he ravenously devoured whatever we'd put out for him.  Our two indoor cats got into the act and watched the daily proceedings with great interest.

In the interest of laziness, "The Black Cat" got shortened to "Bee Cee".  But even that got modified over time to "Beecie" -- accent on the first syllable with the same inflection as "greasy".

As the following winter approached, I built an insulated "house" for him and installed it under some foundation shrubs, whereupon Beecie spent most of that winter sleeping under the snow, and feeding at the front door, twice a day during winter.

One rotten, scabby-weather day in February, we opened the door to put his bowl out and Beecie stumbled inside.  He shook-off the snow, looked around and decided to stay. 

Being worried about disease and bugs, a quick trip to the vet was in order, but we were surprised to find he had zero problems!  So we brought him home and he's remained contentedly as one of our indoor cats, ever since.

He's getting a tad old now (we estimate he's 12), but he still has the honour of being the most affectionate cat we ever had -- bar none -- which is kinda at odds with his initial feral state.  Nowadays, in our new apartment, he snoozes each afternoon away on "his footstool" on the sundeck.

Unfortunately, Beecie still tends to eat like he's still a starving waif, but overall, he's a happy, if somewhat fat, cat! 
-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #198 on: July 25, 2012, 05:03:04 PM »
Welcome Slowhand & GoBeeCee.   This forum is tops if you like bush flying in the ORBX Pacific Fjords, FSAddon Tongass Fjords and (soon) ORBX Southeast Alaska scenery areas.   There are many RTMM addon sceneries to experience and RTMM even provides missions both for planes and for boats.

Make sure you bookmark this place for there are also many good things to come in the future.   The RTMM team is a dedicated group and should make your stay very enjoyable.  Doug Linn, our fearless leader is on vacay right now, but I am sure you will be hearing from him when he gets back in a day or two.

If you have any questions just ask and you will get a response pretty quickly.

Have fun!

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #199 on: July 25, 2012, 07:59:28 PM »
Hello to all of you !

Two months ago me and my wife were so lucky to enjoy the astonishing nature of British Columbia. A.o. in Vancouver we made a great scenic tour with the DHC-2 Beaver and became fans of this beautiful plane ! As a 500+ hours FSX-enthousiast I would like to fly more on this bush-plane (or similar) and discover the beauties of the 'Misty Moorings'-area.   

Happy flying !
Hello GoBeeCee,
     You're in the right place, that's for sure.  Welcome to Misty's.  When I read your screen name the first thing I thought was, . . . they must be from Vancouver, or close.  I live in Bellingham, just south of the border.  I also am a beaver driver (virtually).  The Aerosoft beaver X is my weapon of choice.  Again, welcome.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:01:45 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »
GoBeeCee,

Welcome aboard RTMM.  I'm sure Slowhand relishes your showing up 'cause' the new guy has to buy the beer, so he's off the hook now.
I think you'll like the crew and adventure here at RTMM.  We are new and growing all the time, take your time and read and study the posts etc. here and you will be amazed at all the guys have accomplished in the short amount of time since RTMM became a reality.
 8)
Later,

Spud

GoBeeCee

« Reply #201 on: July 26, 2012, 01:49:32 PM »
Thank you all for this warmhearted welcome !

No, I'm not living near Vancouver, and yes, I'm inhabitant of a small town in the southern part of Holland, near Eindhoven. The nice story about the 'Black Cat' BeeCee strikes me since I do also intend to stay a 'while' on Misty's place.

So, a virtual 'cheers' on my account !   :D :D

Kind regards,
GoBeeCee   
5 x LCD 22"; AMD HD6970; MSI-Z68A-GD65; i7-2600k; W7-64; SSD1-512Gb; SSD2-240Gb; HHD-1Tb; CoolerMaster CM690II; Saitek yoke+rudder, 2xthrottle quadrant, trimwheel, 2xradio, multi, switch, TPM, TrackIr5, Buttkicker2 + >500W subwoofer

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2012, 02:28:52 AM »
A warm welcome to GoBeeCee and SlowHand from me as well in N. California.  They call me Black Hands, but that's a story for another time when y'all have bought a few first rounds of brew!    ;D
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

cyrilrask37

« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2012, 04:15:20 AM »
Hi. Hope to get along with all of you.

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2012, 06:46:48 AM »
Hi Cyrilrask37,

I am sure you will get along with everybody.  Welcome to RTMM.

Rod

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2012, 08:04:10 AM »
Welcome to RTMM. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Brad

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2012, 09:03:55 AM »
Hi. Hope to get along with all of you.

Hey hey,
a "Newbie", sure you'll get along with this bunch particularly being the new guy ya gotta buy the beer!
Welcome to RTMM.  Keep the shiny side up!
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »
Hi cyrilrask47!!
a big welcome here on RTMM! Hope you like and enjoy RTMM and all it`s features.
Take some time and look around here.....there`s much to discover!!!! :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

zoran

« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »
Hello from a hot n humid Bangkok

what are the 3 must have aircraft for misty moorings?
Im flying the wilger and kodiak for bush flying

great site and friendly folk , I like it here so far

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2012, 12:24:29 PM »
Zoran ... welcome aboard. People are flying about anything that can get in the air and maybe float without sinking!  Sort of "your" choice.  If you go to the enhancements page, there are some great repaints to download there of some of the favorites here at the site.  Glad to have you aboard.

Doug