Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990126 times)

Lazyeight

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2011, 08:27:34 AM »
I also fly with FSE and Com-Central and enjoy all of this scenery. I am from Tennessee but was in Alaska in 1959 as a forest fire fighter and now enjoy visiting the state with virtual flying. I have about 60 hours of real flying but that was about 30 years ago. We are planning on doing some bush flying with Com-Central and will be flying in RTMM areas. Looking forward to that. I am retired so have lots of time to play with all these goodies. Really enjoying it. Thanks for all the hard work that is being done on this scenery. It is a blast to see it.

Lazyeight

Magnum Beaver

• Certified Turboprop Nut!
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2011, 11:59:54 AM »
been enjoying the ORBX and FSAddon sceneries both, and kinda neat to find a place where other like minded individuals hang out.. Currently reside in Idaho at the upstream end of Hells Canyon, but lived in AK for 20+ years.. looking forward to some good times, good planes, and stunning scenery!
If at first you don't succeed, then maybe skydiving isn't such a good idea!
Turboprop + Floats = Awesome Fishing!

Ross Aldrich
Payette, Idaho

Hypo

« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2011, 03:48:50 PM »
Hi,

I'd like to thank all your efforts to bring back my Loved Mistymoorning!!!!!!

In my VA Alaskan Winds we have lot of flights to/from here.

Best Regards
AW656 Zoltan

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2011, 03:59:19 PM »
been enjoying the ORBX and FSAddon sceneries both, and kinda neat to find a place where other like minded individuals hang out.. Currently reside in Idaho at the upstream end of Hells Canyon, but lived in AK for 20+ years.. looking forward to some good times, good planes, and stunning scenery!

Hi Beaver,
you live close to home, I have a brother in Lewiston, grew up in Elk River (about 70 miles NE of Lewiston) Retired from USN in FL (no snow) and come back to ID each summer to visit.  Taking the jet boat trip up the Snake River to Hell's Canyon Dam is a great trip for anybody to experience.
Later,

Spud

Archammer

• Your source for Flight Sim and Aviation news LIVE
    • 10 Minute Taxi
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2011, 07:27:50 PM »
A viewer told me about the site revamp and some of the great new projects in the works here, so I thought I'd stop by.

I'm Archammer, the host of 10 Minute Taxi. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress here at Misty Moorings.

Great work so far, and stay in touch!

Leorstef

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2011, 09:02:43 AM »
Thank you for RMM!  ;D
I had actually forgotten what a wonderful time I had with MM.  :-[
So many fun bush flights over the years.

It's like an greeting old friend you haven't talked to in a long time.
The good memories of flying in this area shared.
The new memories to be created as the friendship continues once again.   :)
Thanks again!

quigs

« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »
Hi, Im new here and looking forward to getting started. I fly on the OZx site when I can (not often enough though) and look forward to flying with you guys. Gudday to the Bushpounder crew who helped me make a shakey start into flying BC and Alaska and now I cant get enough of it. Quite a few familiar names here too. Awsome scenery Brad and all others involved.
Regards Quigs

ecmor

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2011, 08:56:10 PM »
Hi all

I return to misty ... after a few years off...

a pleasure to be back with you all

see later

;)

Infinityplusone

« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
Hi everyone!

Fantastic site! 

I have been an MSFS junkie since 4.0 (even found a copy of the first release and played it a little).  I have only a few hours of actual flight time, but I love flying.  If I was able to make a career out of it, I would! 

MM addon scenery is amazing.  It adds so much life to the sim.  Looking forward to all that unfolds here. 

IceLynx

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2011, 08:45:07 AM »
Greetings all, I am Tom, an old FS'er from near Boston, MA.  Love to visit the ORBX areas.  Thank you all for creating a lush and scenic place to explore.

Currently I am on an Earthrounder flight in my Bonanza V35B.  Just leaving Fiji. Got to get up to Misty's Place
Tom

Ace86

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2011, 05:59:51 PM »
Hi, new guy from central PA. I, of course, am a low and slow fan. RTMM will enhance my flying experence. Much info to digest. I better get on it. Lynn (ACE86)

Shipwreck Kelly

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
Hi, I'm new to Misty Moorings.
 I've installed your hard work and I have to say it is Amazing! Your group of people are very dedicated and must work many hours on these addons. Thank you for your hard work I love what I've seen and I'm not sure if I've even scratched the surface yet. Your group has put new life into my FSX experience.

Congrats on your new site!

Mike

archangel1

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2011, 11:35:07 PM »
Greetings from Canada, eh!

You can consider this something of a preemptive strike since, at the moment, I am unable to run FSX on my antique system and therefore I don't get to fly through any of the wonderful new Misty Moorings' scenery.  However, I'm taking early retirement (40 years is enough!) at the end of April and one of my first priorities is to purchase a new computer with enough oomph to do justice to all the hard work the team has done.

I did do some flying in the FS9 version of the area and was very impressed with it then.  I'm salivating with anticipation at doing some under the auspices of FSX.  In the meantime, I'm building up a nice collection of discs and downloads in preparation for that happy day.  I've been going into withdrawal since I had to uninstall FS9 last year to gain some much needed HD space (77Gb, over half a million files!).

Cheers,
Mike
Why take Life seriously? You'll never get out of it alive!

One-Eye

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2011, 02:41:09 AM »
Two new Mikes eh?

On behalf of the boss and the rest of the team, welcome gents and enjoy - at whatever level.

Not just Mike and Mike, but to all recent arrivals. Please collect your baggage in hall A. You will find suitable transport outside.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 02:42:44 AM by One-Eye »
All the best,
Chris "One-Eye" Brisland aka EagleSkinner aka "Dances with paintbrushes"
Check out my msfs 2020 videos on YouTube (Christopher Brisland)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2011, 01:50:55 AM »
Hello, I am Jeff Greene.  I am 48 years old, and have been flightsimming for over 20 years.  I have flown just about every kind of craft out there, from A380's to hot-air balloons.  (In fsx, not real life.)  I have spent countless hours inside the aircraft.cfg and panel.cfg files of my various planes, forever fixing things, or trying to get them to go faster, etc.  I don't care about realism, or aviation rules.  I just like to jump in and go.
I live in the Pacific Northwest, in Washington State.  I'm just south of Vancouver, BC.  I was drawn to Misty's Place, like a bear to honey.  I love the scenery so much.  Lately, I have been drawn in by a challenge to make the autopilot work on a boat.  I did it, and now it is so cool to cruise the waters of the "fjords".  I can be found in the "Misty's-On the Water" section usually, posting my progress towards some goal or other.  I'm not usually a forum type of guy, but this one is so "me".  I feel like I've found a home.  I've spent some time in Aerosoft's African Airstrip Adventures, and if you know what that is like, you know I have some "bush" experience.  Almost all of those airstrips are sloped, pitted, hilly, congested, and the occasional elephant or giraffe will be walking down the middle of the runway.  So this place is a piece of cake.  I look forward to seeing Misty's community grow and develop into a great site, with like-minded people coming together to enjoy some virtual experiences.

I make brass and aluminum boat parts in a 100+ years old foundry.  Here is a video that Ron, my coworker, made of us while we were working.  I am in dark blue coveralls. ;)
http://youtu.be/tseILKnMvbY
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:40:43 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P