Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989941 times)

Timber

Re: Hi, I'm new! Ken "Timber" Alger
« Reply #90 on: September 30, 2011, 12:11:49 AM »
No,I'm not an ex-logger. About  four millions years ago I fell out my Uncles barn. He yelled "Timber" while I was airborne; the rest is history.
Seen a post on the Ozx forum's regards the rebirth of Misty Moorings and came over to take a look. Ended up DL CJ's Bed and Breakfast along with the Plan-G csv.
Outstanding scenery and excellent website and forums. Kudos to all that were and are involved in building taking care of this place, and of course the folks building all this scenery. 

Me, I'm Flying Virtual Bush with Eagle Valley Air.

Reggy

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2011, 05:50:14 PM »
Welcome Ken,

Only hear a wet week myself but don't think I'll ever leave. You may think you will never download it all, it's worth the wait, amazing is all I can say, use real time weather and you will never see the same view twice. One tip in case you have not spotted it yet go to "The Object Libraries and Settings" at the bottom of the  http://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/  page and make sure you have the latest version of the five object libraries needed.

Cheers, Reggy :)
"Not being too proud to learn something new everyday is what keeps life interesting" (me, unless someone else said it first).

Dragnhorn

• "Ahhhhh..the smell of black powder in the morning"
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2011, 11:00:21 PM »
Hey Ken,
 A warm welcome from me as well. 

Rob (Redding, CA)
aka  Dragnhorn
Rob Abernathy
aka Dragnhorn

PC specs: 
Intel Quad Core i7 4790k Devil's Canyon (Haswell), 4.0 GHZ, /Gigabyte 87 UD4H 32 GB mother board, 16 GB DDR3 1866MHZ, Nvidia GTX 760 2 GB x 2 SLI, 2 TB 7200RPM HDD, Cpu Liquid Cooling Unit LVL 4, 750W Thermaltake, Windows 7 64 bit

Timber

« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2011, 12:12:23 AM »
Hey Thanks Reggie and Draghorn. Appreciate the reply.
And thank you Reggie for pointing out the libraries.

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2011, 08:55:48 PM »
Yes a big welcome from the crew here at RTMM. We're getting ready to put out our latest project called CIRP. (Cambria Icefield Research Project) It's been over two months in the making but we think you all will like what you see once you get it. Helicopter operators and fixed wing pilots will have a lot of challenging destinations to visit up on the ice around Stewart, BC.

Until then, welcome and enjoy all of our offerings. And please, spread the word. The more the merrier!!

Brad

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2011, 04:54:33 PM »
Hey Ken,
also a big welcome here from Germany!
Have Fun! 8)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

zl2bmh

• Taranaki, New Zealand,
« Reply #96 on: October 21, 2011, 09:42:17 PM »
Hello, Kia Ora, Everyone.

Unfortunately I have been very ill, and lost some of my memory, but my wife tells me I used to belong to Misty Moorings some years back but I cannot recollect it.  I absolutely 'love' this part of the world and being able to fly it, is just wonderful.

I wish I could be of help to you all, but I can't, as I am severely disabled.  To see the scenery, this web page and the organisation, you should all be so proud of yourselves.

I am so humble to be a member, and wish you all the very best from the shaky Isle's

Regards, Ka Kiti Ano,
Jim.
Comp: Quad Core i5 , GTX 1070, 16GB Ram,1000w P/S, OS W10 HP, 2 x 24" HD Widescreen Monitor

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2011, 10:07:23 PM »
Jim,
welcome aboard RTMM.   Sorry to hear of your health problems but glad you enjoy the scenery etc.  Even more important is the great bunch of people who are members including yourself.  Lot of things to read about and explore on the site so I doubt you will get bored for some time to come.   Again, Welcome Aboard Jim.
 8)
Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2011, 12:52:19 PM »
Jim,
welcome here on RTMM from me, too. Im glad and very honoured that you found back the way to RTMM! If you look for some fun and nice sceneries to fly in a spectaculous region
of the world!!

But best thing is, this community comes together with fellows from all over the world...so it`s a international community!! .. I´m from Germany...And now, New Zealand is also aboard! Great!

Again! Welcome here in our community, Jim! If you have any questions! Post it! We will help you!

i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Dan

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2011, 02:30:36 AM »
Jim,

We're glad to have you back to Misty Moorings.   I hope you find some great times in the FSX incarnation of MM, and hopefully C.I.R.P. will take you on some incredible flights as well!      As Klaus mentioned, the RTMM team is scattered all over the world, and everyone is more than happy to lend a hand to get people up in the air (or on the ice/water, as it may be!), so just hollar at us if ya need anything.

Paul_C

« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2011, 01:04:09 PM »
Hello, just signed up,Paul from London UK  :)

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Paul,
Welcome Aboard RTMM.  This place is getting International rapidly.  The adventures at RTMM and CIRP await your pleasure.  Take your time, read the volumes of material on the site, it is a complete world "from here to there".
 8)
Later,

Spud

Paul_C

« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2011, 03:26:00 PM »
Hi Spud thanks my friend would you be the same spud at another VA the same one I belong to (FA) ;)

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2011, 04:56:18 PM »
Hi Paul,
nice to meet you and welcome on RTMM! We all hope you enjoy this place and community!! :)

HighGround

• Throckmorton Throttlebottom
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »
Hi, Folks:

My name's Jon, and I live in Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, Canada.  That's just outside the provincial capital area of Halifax/Dartmouth, and probably of fleeting fame for being the boyhood home of Sydney Crosby, of the Pittsburgh Penguins (fwiw, his home was on our street) ::)

I must say that I'm quite astonished at the obvious amount of talent and hard work that's gone into producing MM !  Moreover, it's so obviously a very friendly place, and I've a strong suspicion I'll be spending a great amount of time here -- and I'll tell the Missus it's all youse guys' fault for making the place so irresistible!

So many thanks in advance to all those who've made all of this possible.  F'sure I'll be "seeing you" around.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 06:28:54 PM by HighGround »
-Jon
Russell Lake, Dartmouth, Nose Kosher, Kanuckistan