Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989986 times)

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1260 on: January 16, 2019, 08:10:06 AM »
Some of us fly together: MFC is really for recording/records/stats of the FP and excursions.
Discord or TS3 works great for comms. FSCloud and/or JoinFS for multi - and it all works great and is very easy to do but as Jeff says, there is no pressure in any way shape or form.

Additionally some do fly "Group" but not too much as it is very hard for all to get together as most are on different time zones and reside in different places across the globe.

Get the RTMM scenery done - that is the biggest task and it's required to fly the trips in RTMM land and if you need a hand to set it up, just holler.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Walter.Beech

« Reply #1261 on: January 17, 2019, 04:20:19 AM »
Jeff, Norm,

Thank you for the notes, I've joined and I can see that MFC is what I have been looking for. It's like FSE, just cooler. I still have some questions, though, but they would be off topic here, so I'll bring them up in the MFC thread.

Beardgoblin

« Reply #1262 on: February 06, 2019, 01:40:31 PM »
Hello everyone!

I first stumbled on RTMM back in summer 2017 when I first started tinkering with FSX.  I wanted some better scenery than the default, but couldn't justify all that flashy expensive stuff out there if I didn't know how long FSX was going to hold my interest, I found Tongass Fjords - a good sized region, very detailed, in an area of interest (I like low and slow bush flying, not the flying bus lanes  :o) and a reasonable price, so I invested in that, and had a lot of fun with it.

For a couple of months.  Various factors drew me away, but now I'm back to FSX, still have Tongass, and have added a bunch of ORBX stuff (PFJ, SAK, PAKT, PAJN, Global Base, HD Trees).  Remebering some of the 'extras' I saw at RTMM for the Tongass region, I hit up Google, and here I am.

Only a few installed at the moment - Cedar Lodge Camp, Cape Spencer Light, Fleet Bay and Metlakatla Jetty (oh, and the seasonal adjuster)  - I like to fly out of Annette Island (PANT) running FSPassangers around the region, so I'm starting with stuff in that area to increase the variety and interest as I'm zooming around at low level.

I'm now plotting to see if I can add my own water (and land, where applicable) runways that show up in the 'Free Flight' list of FSX, so I can use them as destinations with FSPassangers.  I have no idea how such things are accomplished, so that'll be an 'adventure' all its own!

Anyway, long winded way of saying hello - thanks to all involved for enhancing my enjoyment of FSX!  8)
The New Rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6GHz, 32 Gig RAM, RTX 2060 D6 6GB V2 GPU, T16000M FCS Hotas, Logitech 3 stick Throttle Quad.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1263 on: February 06, 2019, 02:47:42 PM »
Hello and a warm welcome to you "bearded one". Sounds like you are definitely getting back underway with simming and the best pieces, FTX-ORBX, Tongass adds and then all the RTMM adds for Alaska, BC, Yukon etc. There is lots of scenery to see and ruggedness up in these parts so tubes at 30k do not work too well seeing the sites. lol. Enjoy and if you need any assistance just let us know.

Norm

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1264 on: February 06, 2019, 04:28:50 PM »
Hello Beardgoblin,
welcome to RTMM and thank you for introducing yourself.

Have fun exploring the RTMM world.......

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Beardgoblin

« Reply #1265 on: February 06, 2019, 05:00:25 PM »
Thanks for the welcome @nbrich1 and @corbu1!

I have just found and figured out the RTMM Google earth kmz file/map - oh lawd but thats a lot of information and content to process!

The Google Earth map is amazing, and is realy going to help me work out which scenery to install to populate each area.

Thanks for such great tools!
The New Rig:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6GHz, 32 Gig RAM, RTX 2060 D6 6GB V2 GPU, T16000M FCS Hotas, Logitech 3 stick Throttle Quad.

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1266 on: February 07, 2019, 10:19:00 AM »
Hello BeardGoblin,
     Welcome to the RTMM forum.  Thanks for saying "hi".  You might be interested in the RTMM Flight Plans package, the "Here to There" page, and Misty's Flying Club.  They are all adventures waiting to happen.  Enjoy.

8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1267 on: February 07, 2019, 02:32:28 PM »
Welcome BeardGoblin,

Have fun!

Rod

Beardgoblin

« Reply #1268 on: February 07, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
Thanks @jeff3163 and @stiletto2!

I'm certainly enjoying the extra's I've installed so far.

And since I stumbled upon the post with the video that explains the problem with setting up new scenery libraries in Win 7, I can confirm that Win 10 suffers the same issue!  Now I can tidy up my Add On Scenery folder!

I also remembered that FSPassangers can operate without needing to set a destination, so everything is working out  ;D

Edit to ask:  Does anyone know if there is anything amongst the RTMM extras that would clash with 'Active Sky Next'?  Its 50% off on Steam at the moment (I have FSX:SE).  Its a weather system (pun intended!), so I imagine not, but you never know.  Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 05:53:25 PM by Beardgoblin »
The New Rig:

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1269 on: February 07, 2019, 06:17:50 PM »
Since ASN talks to FSX which uses our scenery there is not a problem.  ASN works fine with all of our sceneries.   

Rod
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 06:19:31 PM by stiletto2 »

Beardgoblin

« Reply #1270 on: February 07, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »
Thanks, time to go and flex the wallet a little, I think  8)
The New Rig:

Thomas May

« Reply #1271 on: February 13, 2019, 10:15:11 AM »
Hi, I'm new.  Sorta

Recently got back into Simming from a long hiatus, starting with the closure of the Gaming Zone for FS, only loading up Lock On and DCS to get my fix since. Kind of hard to find a community these days for the FS world. Moved onto Active Air Source for a bit, but tapered off.  Sad to see Hover Control shut down, too :(

But this looks like a nice place.  Bush flying has always been fun. Clearly a lot of work went into setting everything up here, all the scenery, the flights, the Cigarbox and persistence.

Just starting to get my teeth sunk into simming again. Been a lot of advancements since I really last flew the Level D 767 with 2D panels. It's a bit tricky getting used to the VC, especially with head movement, but I'm steaming right along

So if you ever fly over a lake and see the floats of an upside down Twin Otter drifting in the gentle waves, make sure to give me a wave

And thanks to Norm for the encouragement  ;D

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1272 on: February 13, 2019, 10:24:41 AM »
Welcome back Thomas.

Take your time and enjoy the scenery. Any help you need, just ask right here in our forums.

Have fun,

Brad

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1273 on: February 13, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »
A formal welcome to you here in the forum Thomas. (Thanks btw for your words - I had written a comment to Thomas in response to his first couple of flights at MFC). And sure can tell that you have flown before Thomas.
So again a warm welcome to you and if you have any questions or if help required just give us a shout.

Thomas May is the most recent pilot at MFC - MFC0089. HIRED!! We hope you surely enjoy the "Bush" here at RTMM.

Norm

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1274 on: February 13, 2019, 11:28:45 AM »
 8)
Welcome Thomas,
     Glad to see that you finally made it here.  Return to Misty Moorings has been growing out of the memory of the original Misty Moorings since early 2011.  It is amazing to look back on the progress this amazing group have accomplished in the past 7 or 8 years.  Doug and Brad are the heart and soul, and with help from the RTMM team and our members has grown into a force to be reckoned with.  The team are volunteers and share a passion for RTMM, the flight sims, scenery creation, model painting, and flying. 
     So, now in 2019 the website is rather large and may seem intimidating at first glance.  Remember that there is a community here that is eager to help. 
     Again, welcome to Return to Misty Moorings and Misty's Flying Club too. 
 :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P