Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 750121 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1230 on: August 07, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
Hello doksas and Ed,
     Welcome to the RTMM forum.  Sorry I missed seeing you come in Ed.   :-[  Glad to have you both here.  Enjoy you time in the fjords, and ... DON'T FEED the BEARS!!!  They're getting fat.   :o ;D

Win10Pro64, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti, 1T/1T SSD's for Sims/OS, 3x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • MFC VA, Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1231 on: August 08, 2018, 08:00:12 AM »
A Warm welcome Igor (Igor Doksas) (And newest MFC Pilot #MFC0059).  It's always nice to put away the tubes and do some real hands on flying in some great scenery! Enjoy the ruggedness of the scenics with your hands on the aircraft!! If you require any help or have any questions just give us a holler. Welcome again.

Norm
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:37:36 PM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: August 08, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »
Welcome, Doksas!

Rod

Kev73

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: November 08, 2018, 04:59:06 PM »
Hi from the UK, my name is Kev and am fairly new to FSX as not really used a flight sim since the days of the Commodore Amiga (remember those?). I'll be hones, my original intentions were to learn to fly tubeliners (and i will learn, one day) but after a couple of months was not really getting anywhere. Went to a flight sim show at RAF Cosford recently and got talking to some people who suggested 'starting small'. Got home, fired up the default c172 g1000 and have been having a blast working my way back to the UK from Kansas where i 'collected' the airplane. Between that and watching some re-runs of Ice Pilots and Flying Wild Alaska, it has got me interested in bush flying. After doing some searching online a lot of people mentioned checking this site out and, after watching some youtube videos, my goodness, it looks amazing. Especially with all the created flight-plans and stories behind them (like the idea you are delivering people/cargo to these isolated locations).
As it stands all i have is FSX : Steam Edition, i will possibly be moving onto p3d (if/when the out of memory messages i have heard about start getting too frequent) so essentially have a blank slate. From my understanding all 3 of the ORBX sceneries and Tongass Fjords will need to be added before installing the RTMM objects and scenery?
 I also really like the look of the MilViz Beaver (will also need to learn old-school navigation by the looks of it, have been spoilt by gps).
Anyway, just wanted to say hello and am looking forward to flying and discovering this amazing looking scenery (and learning to fly a taildragger).

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: November 08, 2018, 07:32:10 PM »
     Hello Kev, and welcome to Return to Misty Moorings.  (The forum). :D  Get settled in, and read through the forum posts.  There is gold in these hills.  We have collected years of sage advice concerning the enjoyment of Alaska in our simulators.
     If you need help, just ask.  We also endorse boating in the Misty Fjords, and there are many river runs and boat trips to be had.  In P3d, you can even get completely submersed in the ocean depths with submarine type craft.  FYI.  But mostly we fly amphibians and taildraggers to remote dirt strips and backwaters.  Again, Welcome.    8)

Win10Pro64, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti, 1T/1T SSD's for Sims/OS, 3x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • MFC VA, Troubleshooting & Help
    • View Profile
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1235 on: November 08, 2018, 09:10:24 PM »
A warm welcome Kev and welcome to simming in the bush. Yes the NA Orbx's and Tongass goes in, then RTMM on top. Works very nice, looks great and brings a lots of scenics to this area. If you have any questions or problems etc, just give us a holler.  Welcome again and hope you really enjoy flying up here.

Norm
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 02:17:05 PM by nbrich1 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: November 08, 2018, 11:03:21 PM »
Welcome, Kev73!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: November 09, 2018, 02:13:04 PM »
Hello Kev,
welcome to RTMM have exploring the simworld.
This is the best place for bushflying in alaska in the virtual world.

Regards from Munich, Germany

P3Dv4.3,FlyInsideP3d4,OpusFSI,REXSkyForce3D
i76700K 4Ghz;16GB RAM;Asus 2xGTX1080SLI;SSD:Evo850 256GB Win10Pro64;Evo850 512GB P3D;HDD:1TB;27" Monitor;HTC Vive PRO;HOTAS Warthog;X52;VBS ProAT Pedals;F1GTN750/650