Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989939 times)

den4

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1215 on: April 28, 2018, 12:50:30 PM »
Cheers Spud- they're on the bar waiting for you so come and get 'em. ;)

Sorted the problem with Tongass with the help of Dieter on their forum so now I have started installing the RTMM scenery.  Already got Misty's place in and had a quick flight round the area.  Looking good.

den4

« Reply #1216 on: April 29, 2018, 04:15:55 AM »
Sorry, just seen all the other posts on the previous page.  Thanks all for the welcome.

The Tongass problem turned out to be down to the installer putting some airport elevation adjustment files in my fsx Steam installation instead on the P3D installation.  It may have been due to my use of the Estonia migration tool to install it- or it may just have been the nut on the end of the mouse!  (ie-Me)

Dieter's reply there pointed me to an Avsim thread by Poppet which showed me how to do it.  If this is included in your troubleshooting then I missed it.  If not, well it is now!

MFC0040

« Reply #1217 on: May 14, 2018, 03:16:39 PM »
Hi everybody,
sry for taking so long with introducing but i was so exited baout all this just went straight to flying. Im Miha and i am a returning pilot after 1 year being out on account of missing a computer but i am back, went to my previous position at AKA, but saw you guys did a club and blew me away.You guys and your work is amazing and a actually dont make 1 flight outside misty areas so being a part of this is a dream for me.
Let me take this oportunnity to thank you for all the outstanding work you have been doing, im a just in the process of adding your scenery for the waterfall to lower lodge leg of 2nd tour and im putting fair weather on and wait to be amazed...

calm winds yall,

Miha

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1218 on: May 14, 2018, 05:40:06 PM »
Hello Miha,
Welcome to RTMM....have fun exploring the misty worlds!

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1219 on: May 14, 2018, 07:45:10 PM »
Hello Miha,
     Thanks for stopping in to say "Hi".  Welcome to the forum.  Return to Misty Moorings is happy to have you, despite your association with AKA.   ;D  I see you are also MFC0040, so welcome to the Flying Club too.  Much flying to do here.  See you at Misty's Place for that newbie round, eh.  Thanks.  ;)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1220 on: May 15, 2018, 07:23:05 AM »
Welcome, Miha!

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1221 on: May 15, 2018, 07:35:31 AM »
A warm welcome (back) Miha.. It is very nice to have you flying in RTMM lands again and also a welcome as the 40th  pilot of the MFC bush crew. Alaska/BC Yukon areas and full of RTMM content as always. And I see already several great flights flown at MFC: very smooth on that C206 and J3 Cub sticks!!.  Welcome again and if any questions or problems just give us a holler.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1222 on: May 16, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »
Welcome aboard RTMM.  New blood is always appreciated and we'll meet you at Misty's Place as you buy the beer!

Later,

Spud

MFC0044

Re: Hi, I'm new!
« Reply #1223 on: May 18, 2018, 07:08:54 AM »
Greetings,

I'm Ed from North Texas. Retired AF and long time Simmer. I fly FSX and P3D_V4 and I enjoy doing scenery design and VC texture upgrades among other things. Looking forward to getting started once I figure out all the new software and procedures.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1224 on: May 18, 2018, 07:27:39 AM »
Well(s) Ed, it's so nice to have you flying with us in these sim scenery areas.  There are a few AF here, Navy too among the simmers that fly here. and lots of interesting experiences. A warm welcome to you Ed. If yo have any problems or issues please don't hesitate to let us know.

ow there is software differences between FSX-P3Dv3  vs P3Dv4 so take a read through the v4 updates to avoid those sim problems (Link http://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#9)  but other than that, the rest just takes a little time. Welcome again.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1225 on: May 18, 2018, 11:15:56 AM »
Ed,
meet ya at Misty's with the rest of the gang so you can buy the beer.  Welcome aboard!  Being an old Naval Aviator it always nice to have a brother military to talk over old time etc.
Later,

Spud

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1226 on: May 18, 2018, 03:36:01 PM »
Hi Ed,

Welcome to RTMM!  We are thrilled to have you as part of our membership.  I am aware of your scenery design skills and can honestly credit your videos with helping me become an experienced user of SBX for photo overlay work.  I always reference your videos when asked by someone who wants to learn photo real terrain design using SBX. 

If you haven't already, once you get acclimated and get the urge to design scenery inside RTMM's sphere of influence and have that scenery distributed in our libraries, take a look at the "Rules for Contributors" link in the right column of our website front page.   NOTAM 1 is really important to follow before you pick a place to create a future scenery "masterpiece". 

For myself, I am now in the final weeks of finishing The Western Chugach - Part 2 scenery which uses many photo real techniques.   Part 1 is already available in our library.    I am still using many of the techniques you demonstrated in your 11 or so SBX Tutorials.  Thanks for making those videos. 

Feel free to Private Mail (PM) me anytime since I do watch my PM box regularly.  This is a great site with many, many things to see and do so take your time exploring.  Have fun!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1227 on: May 18, 2018, 04:24:34 PM »
Hello Ed,
Welcome to our RTMM Community.....

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

doksas

« Reply #1228 on: August 07, 2018, 05:59:26 PM »
Hello.
i am from Serbia. After flying big aircraft PMDG  triple 7 , 747 etc in FSX  i found Aerosoft Beaver and bush flight and i am very happy now.
Misty Place is amazing, excellent work and thank you for sharing this !

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1229 on: August 07, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
Hello doksas and Ed,
     Welcome to the RTMM forum.  Sorry I missed seeing you come in Ed.   :-[  Glad to have you both here.  Enjoy you time in the fjords, and ... DON'T FEED the BEARS!!!  They're getting fat.   :o ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P