Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990028 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1200 on: February 26, 2018, 07:48:32 PM »
     Yay, more beer.  Welcome Dreamreaper (Tom) and Sen and Kevyn.  I've been lazy greeting new members.  Sorry.  I am always available in the PST evenings, after 5pm, if you need any help with getting settled in.  We are hatching a new flight environment for us to play in.  It is in the early setup stages, but I look forward to STOL fly-ins at Annette Island when we are operational.  Also, flight tours and other such reasons to fly will be provided.  Welcome aboard.  Post often.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 07:51:19 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1201 on: February 26, 2018, 09:49:50 PM »
Welcome Tom!   Tongass Fjords X (TFX) is a very important addon when flying at RTMM.  Not only is the scenery very nice but the TFX libraries/simobjects are used in other RTMM scenes.   It is a must have.

Rod

Sen

« Reply #1202 on: February 26, 2018, 10:16:40 PM »
Welcome all! This is a very warm and welcoming group. People full of knowledge And skill. Beautiful sceneries created here to bring my home territory to life! So we can catch everyone at Misty’s “PF20” for that round of beers correct? A little chilly here so we will make sure there is enough firewood for the wood stove!

Kevyn

av8erjm

« Reply #1203 on: February 26, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »
Excuse me, did I hear someone say beer?????, Belated welcome to Sen n' Tom I'm sure if you like low n' slow you'll never  leave, so much to offer here. Don't be worried about asking the ''stupidest'' question, I've got that covered

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1204 on: February 27, 2018, 12:02:27 PM »
Kevyn,

In regards to your request for something at the end of Carroll Inlet, we've had something there for a long time. Lucky Lindy's Place.

http://return.mistymoorings.com/scenery/zipfiles/lucky_lindys_place_01/lucky_lindys_place_01.zip

BBQSteve

« Reply #1205 on: February 27, 2018, 01:47:30 PM »
And a great place it is!

dreamreaper

« Reply #1206 on: February 27, 2018, 04:35:55 PM »
Thanks for the welcome all. I look foreword to making this place my home.

Looking into getting Tongass Fjords X, looks like it might be a bit challenging to install but then again a lot of times the instructions make it look a lot harder than it actually is.

I will be sure to check into Misty's Place and get that beer ASAP!

den4

« Reply #1207 on: April 24, 2018, 10:37:09 AM »
Hi, Den here.
I'm a UK based  virtual GA flyer of (too many) years standing!  I love to fly the Carenado C185 and have all the OrbX addons for this part of the world in my P3D v4.1 installation.  I finally decided to spend some pennies on the Tongass scenery to complete the area and will be adding the RTMM scenery as soon as I sort out a small problem with airport elevations with the TGF scenery.  I've posted on their forum for help on that so hope to get it sorted soon.

I love flying low'n'slow round some of the more scenic parts of the world including this area of course, as well as New Zealand, and Norway- for which I have the Orbx sceneries for as well.

Look forward to flying with you guys soon.

lionwing

• Live and let live...
    • Airwego VA
« Reply #1208 on: April 24, 2018, 11:28:49 AM »
Den

Welcome to one of the most enjoyable and well resourced websites dedicated to our wonderful hobby.

I'm Uk based as well and enjoy flying around MM a lot.  Always something new to discover.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1209 on: April 24, 2018, 04:33:16 PM »
Indeed a warm welcome to you Den from this side of the Atlantic and we hope that you will enjoy flying in the Alaskan/BC airspace with the recommended scenery's. The scenery and enhancements sure adds much activity in your sim for these parts!.

I didn't see a post on problems with Tongass elevations but for P3Dv4x just make sure you have the 40 terrain entries in your main terrain.cfg and that Tongass (Higher over lower scenery folders) are placed between FTC and OpenLC in the FTX Central (settings > Library Insertion Point).
(Open LC Entries should be inserted below: "Tongass Lower")

(Oh and make sure you update the tongass AI models as per> RTMM Step Table #10 > http://return.mistymoorings.com/getting_started/index.php#10).

That should fix up Tongass in P3Dv4x.

If you need any more assistance help just holler and welcome again Den.

Norm
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1210 on: April 24, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »
Welcome, Den!  I hope you get the problem sorted so you can begin to enjoy our wonderful sceneries.  It is a lot of fun!  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Rod

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1211 on: April 24, 2018, 07:55:32 PM »
     Hello Den, and welcome to the forum for Return to Misty Moorings.  Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself.  Always a pleasure to add another pilot to the Misty skies.  The site has grown considerably over the years and sometimes you may need help getting around.  Don't hesitate to ask for help if you get lost in the website.  There is a great search box that will help you find any key words on the forum. 
     Enjoy your time in Misty Fjords, and remember to post screenshots occasionally.  We like that.  :D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1212 on: April 26, 2018, 09:34:59 AM »
Welcome Den!! I'm sure "Spud" will be in here soon to make you aware of rule number one for newbies!!!

And feel free to ask about your Tongass Fjords issues here because I'm guessing that we might have crossed it off our list before. Usually with airport elevation issues, it's because there's a couple of airport ADE files competing for the top spot on the priority list. If you can determine the Airport ICAO code that's showing the abnormal elevations for us, we can assist with helping get things back to where they should be I'm sure.

Brad

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1213 on: April 26, 2018, 05:29:41 PM »
Hello Den,
Welcome to return to misty moorings....have fun exploring alaskan bush flying.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1214 on: April 27, 2018, 06:03:17 AM »
Welcome aboard Den.  The gang will meet at Misty's place so as the newbie you get to buy the beer!  :P ;D
Later,

Spud