Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989975 times)

simurq

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1185 on: January 24, 2018, 06:22:49 AM »
Hello Pete, and welcome to RTMM!!! You'll really get addicted to flying in this vast Pacific area for hours pretty soon... Just to tease you a bit more, here comes a shameless ad  ;) - grab your copy of RTMM map for Google Earth and get your first impression of the area and scenery coverage to make a better choice as far as the required Orbx addon is concerned.

Good luck!!!
Vüqar "Rustam" Quliyev

Sen

Hello from Ketch
« Reply #1186 on: February 22, 2018, 01:17:11 AM »
Hello everyone from Ketchikan AK. New here to the forum although I have been using RTMM for some time and started flying sims in 95. I have done a good deal of flying with Norm and he has been a big help with set ups. Love all the scenery and brings my area to life on the sim. I find myself out on my adventures and looking in coves and imaging everyone’s imagination of the neat things that has been created in the sim world. Excellent work and thank you for sharing this lively world!

Kevyn

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1187 on: February 22, 2018, 07:02:56 AM »
Kevyn!!! You're here.. No better place else to be for that matter ..lol.. But since you actually live in Ketchikan, in the heart of Misty land, as on the previous VA site, you bring your significance of residence to RTMM and all of these scenery adds definitely add much even as you know already as we have flown together in the sim many times in site seeing excursions in your home land. 

Welcome aboard Kevyn here at the RTMM scenery site.

Norm 
Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #1188 on: February 22, 2018, 07:03:25 AM »
Kevyn...hey, we’ve got boots on the real ground up there! Wonderful! You can keep us honest. :-). Welcome aboard the forum. Please add any local color you want to share.  Well, you’re going to get to fly with Norm some more. We’ve got some interesting things in the works that will make you feel right at home. Surprises coming soon! Again, Welcome!

Doug

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1189 on: February 22, 2018, 07:33:31 AM »
Hi Kevyn,

Welcome to RTMM!   As you already know, there is lots to see here and more coming.  Have fun!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1190 on: February 22, 2018, 02:44:39 PM »
Hello Kevyn,
welcome to RTMM!

That is great! You know all these places we fly virtually for real.....

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Sen

« Reply #1191 on: February 23, 2018, 03:43:27 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! Excited to fly with everyone and help as much as I can. I am thinking we need to find a nice secluded cove away from civilization towards the misty fjords and build a lodge. Maybe up carrol inlet or Behm Canal. I’d be more then happy to hop in the Beaver and fly out to spot us all a fishing/hunting lodge like Yes Bay!

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1192 on: February 23, 2018, 11:53:12 AM »
ahem!
Welcome aboard Kevyn as everyone has already mentioned ask any questions for help and impart any knowledge you think would help RTMM to 'get it right'.
Now for the important thing that has not been mentioned... When do you want to belly up to the bar at Misty's Place and buy the beer for the whole gang?  Always a requirement for the "new guy"!
Later,
Spud
Later,

Spud

Sen

« Reply #1193 on: February 23, 2018, 01:37:56 PM »
Alcoholic beverages prohibited encourages. Especially winter time in Alaska. Almost spring time to get out and explore!!

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1194 on: February 25, 2018, 02:10:51 PM »
Kevyn,

We have Misty's Place that's our home right inside the Bostwick Inlet of Gravina Island, of course you probably knew that already. As for the Behm Canal, if you travel north once you get inside the canal, enter the Smeaton Arm towards the east until it splits off into the Wilson Arm traveling northeast. You'll find one of my personal favorites, Wilson River Lodge. I'd also like to see something up in the Punchbowl lake area besides the one small cabin. Hmmm.... that might be something I can work on in the future.

My wife (Nina) and I spent a day in Ketchikan in 2016 on a Cruise Ship stop. We had a pristine, cloudless day fortunately in August and took a Misty Fjords Flightseeing trip that I'll never forget. As much time as I spend in the virtual "Misty" area, seeing it in the flesh was so beautiful that day. We flew with the company, "Alaska Seaplanes" for our flight. Departed the narrows and headed southeast before turning east and then up the Carroll Inlet. Made a descent and landing into Neets Bay near the hatchery. We were allowed to step out onto the pontoons as we floated on the lake for around 20 minutes. The stillness and solitude of the lake was so peaceful. We saw a black bear near the shore foraging in the silt and it was completely oblivious to our presence.

Even after we boarded back up, fired up the DH Beaver (N930TG) and departed, the bear didn't seem to mind at all.

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your stay with us in our home as much as I enjoyed visiting your home that special day.

Brad

Sen

« Reply #1195 on: February 25, 2018, 06:35:59 PM »
That’s awesome! I love it up here, everything I do everyday people dream of. Explore the mountains, hop on a Beaver and get dropped off way out in the middle of nowhere and fly fish with a buddy of mine, jump on the boat after work and go drop crab pots and then while we wait go catch some halibut or salmon then fill the boat with our crab catch. Bostwick actually is full of dungee crabs, should add some crab pot strings around that bay and add another true aspect to float landing in the bay. Bright orange buoys floating in line. I did a little exploring yesterday and took off from Misty’s and flew up carrol inlet and found a wonderful spot for a nice lodge all the way at the end of it. You have a creek running into the inlet which would provide salmon fishing for the guests, go a little ways up and you can do some fly fishing for trout. I’m sure there are some nearby sandy bottoms for halibut. Plentiful hunting grounds for hunting season. They do say from time to time a brown bear is spotted back in that area where the passage is close enough for one to make the swim across from the mainland.

dreamreaper

« Reply #1196 on: February 26, 2018, 03:25:59 PM »
Hello everyone,

I guess I am the new guy around here. I come with some limited flight sim experience. I have dabbled off and on with FSX over the years, flew with a VA for short time several years ago. I got bored rather quickly cruising at FL400 for hours. I mainly been flying some combat games and space, but I guess as I get older (48) I am just not enjoying the combat stuff as much and would rather fly in a more relaxed environment :)

In November I bought XP11 and a couple airplanes, I am probably in the minority here but without ortho I just didnt care for it graphics wise. Everything looked to clean and digital and rather bland to me. So in December I bought P3Dv4 and some aircraft and some ORBX stuff and have been having a blast!!!!

Went searching for a VA or group that is based in Alaska or British Columbia and stumbled in here. Needless to say I am OVERWHELMED with everything there is to offer here. I think I have found a home! 

I dont think I have enough addons to be able to fly any of the group stuff thats being set up here yet. I only have ORBX Global Base, Global Vector, openGL NA, Souther Alaska, and Pacific Fjords. I do plan on getting more, but not sure how soon thats going to happen. Hope to catch you guys sometime soon.

As for aircraft dont have much in that department either, Beaver, Twin Otter, A2A 172 182 Cher 180 and Com 250, Pilatus PC-12.

Well enough rambling on, hope to see you guys in the air sometime soon!
Tom

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1197 on: February 26, 2018, 05:18:41 PM »
Hello dreamreaper,
Welcome to Return to Misty Moorings!!

If you like flying low and slow you found the right place! Wecare all flying here for having fun and to relax.

One addon you should consider for enjoying our Misty world is Tongass Fjords as this fills the gap between ORBX southern alaska and pacific Fjords.

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1198 on: February 26, 2018, 05:21:31 PM »
Welcome aboard Tom,
Lo n' slo is the name of the game of course.  The gang here is always ready and willing to help if you have any problems, just ask!
Now that the formalities are over just meet the gang at Misty's Place ASAP so you can buy the beer!  A newbie requirement that seals the brotherhood of Bush Pilots!
 ;D :D ;)
 8)
Later,

Spud

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #1199 on: February 26, 2018, 06:58:16 PM »
Welcome Tom...use the GoTo table and search for he scenery based you have from ORBX...you have most of it.  Tongass X will be your next purchase if you like it here. Jump on here if you need help...we loc3mgivimg dolks a hand.