Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 989987 times)

Jethro7

Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1155 on: November 15, 2017, 04:04:43 AM »
Thanks for the welcome Jeff,
(and spelled the right way too)

Jethro is Just a nickname but I think it makes me sound like a no shoes, rope-belt wearing, cob pipe smoking, hillbilly. Nothing like me (IRL).  If I come down out of them there hills, I'd be glad so shout a jug or two at Mistys. (moonshine that is) But beer is fine if M/S is too strong.

I have been around and under the hood of FSX for quite a while and have been over at (ORBX where I try to help sometimes) I had the great pleasure to help RTMM/Team - Doug (JDLinn) with his Avoss lake issue not too long ago (Orbx Forum).
I mostly have the sim stuff sorted and working nicely, but can always learn some new perspectives and viewpoints from the good people here.
I'm only just starting out with a few essentials (updates/addons/patches) for my recent purchase of TFX, have only just begun to scratch the surface on all the great stuff I have missed so I guess I'll be downloading Reading Installing testing more reading..... and flying for the next little while.
Be very glad of your assistance if I get stuck.......

Cheers Jeff (Jethro)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 04:33:39 AM by Jethro7 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1156 on: November 15, 2017, 06:37:17 AM »
Hi Jethro,

Welcome to RTMM!

Rod

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Misty Flying Club VA, Sim Troubleshooting & Help
    • Misty Flying Club (MFC)
« Reply #1157 on: November 15, 2017, 06:56:16 AM »
Welcome to the land of RTMM Jethro. You'll find as most do, this is one of the most scenic areas in the world to fly. And the RTMM add-ons: makes this area come alive!! Enjoy sir.

Norm

Regards from Toronto, Canada. Home Airport CYYZ.
^----------------- Misty Flying Club -----------------^

Jethro7

« Reply #1158 on: November 15, 2017, 07:43:33 AM »
Many thanks Rod & Norm, Just had a brilliant flight from Sitka to Wrangell, with short detour over Petersburg. (And your right Norm, absolutely stunning scenery). I always liked Petersburg (circa: FS9 & SIRP), now I can see that you guys have CIRP and SIRP for FSX so I'm going to try those first.

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #1159 on: November 15, 2017, 07:48:31 AM »
Welcome Jethro. We have some scenery in the Homer, Alaska area that you need to check out.  :)

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

Jethro7

« Reply #1160 on: November 15, 2017, 07:57:59 AM »
Thanks Steve,  I'll look into those as well, thanks for the tip.

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1161 on: November 15, 2017, 08:20:57 AM »
Hey there "Jetho Jeff"

These CIRP areas sure make a real fun fly in the dead of winter!! (Or sooner).. but it's nice to have lots of snow!

Might want to crack out those DHC2, C185 Ski/wheels or M7/ski/wheels and give them tuneups for winter excursions into both the CIRP and SIRP. And on the fields themselves dare to take the new updated Stalwart and soon to be released, the updated hovercraft, (both with model compatibility with P3Dv4x), for a trip into these ice fields. Doug has some very interesting CIRP FP and dispatches here on the site for the CIRP.

Start with getting all the RTMM object libraries, Med/APP Library and the BWEP Library into the sim and added as well as making sure the scenery test at PANT is perfect before adding the rest of the add-ons.

Norm

Jethro7

« Reply #1162 on: November 15, 2017, 09:14:56 AM »
Many thanks Norm, a fantastic welcome and some top notch advice.

I have the RTMM Libraries I II & III + BWEP Libs, MED/APP Libs, and am going to install the Objects Tester @ PANT, it seemed the most logical place to begin.
I have the Hovercraft & Stolly and the Ops/tracks/routes/Dispatches they look like fun. The stolly would be my vehicle of choice, so CIRP & SIRP will get another nutjob on the ice. It would be fun to see a Multiplayer event with half a dozen Stollys or hovercraft scooting around.   
I think I'll install addons which don't require the season switcher for now, just so I can get my bearings, then install those sceneries down the track.  I 'think I have enough to keep me busy for a little while.

Cheers Jeff

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #1163 on: November 15, 2017, 11:41:38 AM »
LOL, Jethro. I guess you aren't old enough to know who the singing duo of Homer and Jethro were.
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1164 on: November 15, 2017, 12:52:19 PM »
Who?  Homer and Jethro.. Will have to look that up!!  I don't remember them unless they performed at PAHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64h_MRQkZpc

No definitely not from that gen but getting there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 12:54:50 PM by nbrich1 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1165 on: November 15, 2017, 12:53:13 PM »
Wow! all kinds of new blood dropping by!  Welcome everyone to Misty's Place (RTMM).  I'm sure your aware that the first obligation is to buy the beer at Misty's for the gang so with so many newbies aboard maybe we can make a multi-night  welcome party.
I'm just a bit late welcoming ya'll due to having to re-install 'everything' due to HD problems.
Handle is 'Spud' (old U.S. Navy callsign) I'm originally from Idaho so squadron mates naturally picked my callsign accordingly.
Later,

Spud

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1166 on: November 15, 2017, 01:25:12 PM »
lol Spud!! I'm kind of a new guy on the block here too these days, well kind of or sorta new, so I'll buy the 1st round - that is as soon as the Christmas music starts playing at PF20.. Then we' can crack open the keg of  "Snog". (I have one mounted on my beaver.. and it's very ice cold from the recent temps.. so perfect).

Yes sir Spud: it was only last week that I learned that you were a navy flyer and flew corsairs, (My fav military warbird of all time), (and a few versions of it also in my sim!)

Norm

« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:52:30 PM by nbrich1 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1167 on: November 15, 2017, 01:54:48 PM »
Hey Norm,
I'm old but not quite that old.  The F4U was retired in 1953 only 8 years after WWII.  My attack days were in the 'Spad' A-1 Skyraider.  Last fixed wing was the SP2H transitioned to Rotary wing and was instructor in both fixed and rotary wing.  At least I missed out on LTA (lighter than air BLIMPS).  Although last fleet location was NAS Lakeview next door to the old Hindenburg hangar. (no I wasn't at the crash!!! ::))

Later,

Spud

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #1168 on: November 16, 2017, 02:31:08 AM »
Hello Jethro7,
welcome here on RTMM!
Have fun exploring our virtual world.....

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

nbrich1

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1169 on: November 16, 2017, 06:33:55 AM »
Hey Norm,
I'm old but not quite that old.  The F4U was retired in 1953 only 8 years after WWII.  My attack days were in the 'Spad' A-1 Skyraider.  Last fixed wing was the SP2H transitioned to Rotary wing and was instructor in both fixed and rotary wing.  At least I missed out on LTA (lighter than air BLIMPS).  Although last fleet location was NAS Lakeview next door to the old Hindenburg hangar. (no I wasn't at the crash!!! ::))

lol Sorry bout that Spud.

A-1 Skyraider.. also fantastic plane.. but I don't have one in my sim!! (I'll have to find one for sure now!!.