Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990101 times)

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #1140 on: September 06, 2017, 01:27:47 PM »
Welcome Biggu. If you get stuck, confused or need help with anything don''t hesitate to ask. There's lot's of knowledge around here. Have fun!

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1141 on: September 06, 2017, 02:10:54 PM »
I guess my enthusiasm was a tad premature.  I'm getting an out of memory error after a few min. flying after finally getting all the ORBX and OZx scenery re-installed.  Not much sense in installing RTMM until I solve the current problem.  I waited 3 years after release of FSX to port over from the old FS and I have spent well over 60% of keyboard time and effort dicking around solving problems with this PissPoor simulator.  Was never completed by M$ prior to release and never properly "fixed" by them just crutch, patch, fiddlin' and poken' but users since day one.
I'd get P3D but reading all the problems users have with that sim as well I'm not gonna be another "Alpha" tester for Lockheed Martin.
 >:(
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
« Reply #1142 on: September 06, 2017, 08:23:36 PM »
   Huh?  ???  What problems with P3D?  Prepar3d version4 runs very well for me, as long as the addons I use are compatible.  The sim is stable and 64 bit.  No OOMs or CTDs or BSODs or WTFs.  So ... what problems?

Hello Biggu (Jeff),
     Welcome back for another go at it.  We love to help fellow pilots get up and running.  The forum is packed with years of accumulated knowledge and troubleshooting, etc.  Use the search function to find key words to topics of interest.  If you can't find a solution, just ask.  That's what we are here for. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 08:47:12 PM by jeff3163 »

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Biggu

« Reply #1143 on: September 07, 2017, 11:28:51 AM »
Thanks for the kind words and welcome, I did  download some of the 'essentials' yesterday, and I thought I had most of it in  hand, then as I am NOT a computer 'geek ' ( used with respect) I got so bogged down in the , what I thought was the technical jargon.... I kind of gave up.. well sort of....... I did watch a video or two of guys flying here, and it is truly awesome..... I'm always very leery of deleting files etc, so as not to screw up what I already have, as I can do that quite well, then I am diddled....... maybe I'm just too timid.... I will go back a read more of the 'how to' stuff... but there seem to be a lot of how to.... not complaining , just need to understand...... I guess if I can operate a huge road grader with no steering wheel and become an instructor , I can figure this out, eh?? LOL!!  Thanks again fellows, I will give it a go... with luck.... and some good advice...... :-\
Jeff

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #1144 on: September 07, 2017, 01:36:39 PM »
Just start at the beginning by downloading and installing all of the object libraries. Can be a pain, but absolutely essential. Then download a few sceneries that are compatible with the ORBX and Tongass Fjords you own. Take it slowly at first. If you get stuck anywhere post in the Help and Troubleshooting Forum (http://forum.mistymoorings.com/index.php?board=3.0) and you should get help ASAP.

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

JohnR

• "I Will Rescue You"
    • Life Flight Virtual
« Reply #1145 on: September 09, 2017, 09:17:53 PM »
Hi all, Im John from New Jersey and wanted to stop by to say thanks to my buddy Danny who introduced me to this awesome place, Keep up the good work. Anyways, I've been a virtual pilot for over 15 yrs or so, I have FSX-SE, but I will be a proud owner of P3Dv4 very soon....!!

Thanks guys,
JohnR
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:20:07 PM by JohnR »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1146 on: September 09, 2017, 09:47:01 PM »
Hi John,
     Welcome to the forum.  You're buddy is a wise man. ;)   There are many things to explore in the forum, and years of knowledge frozen in time, for you to absorb at your pace.  Take a look around, and let us know if you've got a question.  You're gonna love P3dv4!   8)  Happy flying, sir!   :)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1147 on: September 10, 2017, 06:54:53 PM »
Welcome, John!

Bradallen43

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1148 on: September 11, 2017, 03:12:49 PM »
You're one of us now John. Remember, "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave"

See you at Misty's and welcome aboard.

Brad

rcahill

« Reply #1149 on: October 31, 2017, 07:54:16 PM »
I'm Robert from Virginia.  I'm sort of new, coming from FS9 last where I flew with the original Misty Moorings.  I skipped FSX all together and basically stopped simming for a few years.  Now, I've got a new computer build with P3D.  Things have come a long way since I was using FS9.

I'm a real-world Commercial pilot, although now medically grounded.  I think I can find a lot of enjoyment in the new site.  Hopefully, I can get everything installed with no issues.

Robert J. Cahill - FAA Commercial, ASEL, Instrument

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1150 on: October 31, 2017, 07:58:56 PM »
Welcome, Robert!

It is great to have members with commercial pilot experience.  We are a friendly group as you probably know from your participation in the old Misty Moorings site.  If you do have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Rod 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 08:12:14 PM by stiletto2 »

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1151 on: October 31, 2017, 08:04:54 PM »
Hi Robert,
     Welcome to Return to Misty Moorings, ... er, welcome back!  Get settled in, and help Misty with the dishes.  If you need anything, just ask.  We are happy to help.  The motto around here is "Low and Slow" and "It's the journey, not the destination".  That's all there is to it.  Happy flying, Sir!  8)

Doug

• Misty Moorings Site Admin
    • Return to Misty Moorings
« Reply #1152 on: October 31, 2017, 08:26:40 PM »
Welcome Robert and John ...

John, if you are thinking about P3D V4 ... I've just gone through that. You can go to this url for our FAQ on the transition. Basically, if you look at #5 in the index, I've kept a log of all that I did and how I did it ... including a few speed bumps along the way.  You may not do it exactly as I did, but it might give you some ideas.  As I continue to go forward, I keep adding to this log.

http://return.mistymoorings.com/p3d_v4_faq/index.php

Jethro7

« Reply #1153 on: November 15, 2017, 02:40:06 AM »
My name is Jeff but sometimes people call me (Jethro). Just registered on the rtmm forum and coming here to say Hello. It will take some time to read through all the topics, but glad to be here all the same.
Cheers to all :)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #1154 on: November 15, 2017, 03:31:00 AM »
Hello Jeff,
     My name is Jeff Too.  Nobody ever calls me Jethro.  Welcome to the forum pages of RTMM.  Thanks for taking the time to read the contents.  Much appreciated.  Glad to have you aboard.  Let us know if you need any help getting set up.  See you at Misty's Place for that obligatory round.  ;)