Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990125 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #975 on: March 10, 2016, 12:54:34 AM »
Welcome to RTMM, Terry.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Phil Hawkey

« Reply #976 on: March 10, 2016, 06:58:16 AM »
Hiya MM folks, and thanks for the opportunity to join in.  I am Phil from Cornwall UK.  I have just finished building a 'sim-pit' which is configured for 'GA' use rather than 'VA'.  I have FSX-SE and registered at VATSIM although not very good at formal ATC and a TeamSpeak 3 user.

Are there any multiplayer events I could join?

Best to all!

Phil

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #977 on: March 10, 2016, 07:28:58 AM »
Welcome Terry and Phil,

There is a lot to see and do here.   Take your time and enjoy the scenery.   

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #978 on: March 10, 2016, 01:10:37 PM »
Hi Terry and Phil,
Welcome aboard on RTMM.. :)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Legacy RTMM Library Manager
« Reply #979 on: March 10, 2016, 01:42:43 PM »
Hi Phil,
Welcome aboard. The staff recently had a discussion wondering if FSX Steam is completely compatible with everything here, as well as ORBX offerings. Any comments?

Steve
Legacy RTMM Library Manager
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #980 on: March 10, 2016, 03:06:18 PM »
Hiya MM folks, and thanks for the opportunity to join in.  I am Phil from Cornwall UK.  I have just finished building a 'sim-pit' which is configured for 'GA' use rather than 'VA'.  I have FSX-SE and registered at VATSIM although not very good at formal ATC and a TeamSpeak 3 user.

Are there any multiplayer events I could join?

Best to all!

Phil

Phil,
Alaska Adventures is a VA affiliated with RTMM you might give them a looksee.

http://www.flyaka.com/

8)
Later,

Spud

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #981 on: March 10, 2016, 03:09:21 PM »
Welcome aboard Terry and Phil,
always great to see new 'bushies' show up.  Now we will all meet at Misty's Place two nights in a row so you both can buy the beer as your newbie obligation.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Phil Hawkey

« Reply #982 on: March 24, 2016, 04:50:03 PM »
Hi Phil,
Welcome aboard. The staff recently had a discussion wondering if FSX Steam is completely compatible with everything here, as well as ORBX offerings. Any comments?

Steve

Steve, many thanks for all the welcomes and  I'll sure see how things go as I install Misty's add-ons and report any thing that doesn't seem right, but I haven't had any issues with OrbX, or any other scenery or aircraft with FSX-SE.  I'm a happy SE user for sure.  I'll buy the beer as soon as I find the club house bar folks.   

Phil

av8erjm

« Reply #983 on: March 24, 2016, 06:48:36 PM »
The bar is at Misty's Place airfield, you can't miss it, it'll be the one everyone is walking into, waiting for ya'

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #984 on: March 24, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »
Hi Phil,
     Welcome to RTMM.  We are a hearty bunch of bush pilots (virtually, mostly), and really enjoy getting in and out of all the nooks and crannies of the Alaskan coastline.  It is usually a personal experience, that can be shared with pictures or videos, and stories.  We're pretty "multiplayer challenged" though, and can't seem to group up.  Not that we don't want to, but we are an international crowd with a wide variety of time zones etc. between us.  We are partnered with two virtual airlines though, which is not multiplayer.  But you can fly structured flights, and log your hours for virtual "money".  There is St. Paul Airlines and also Fly Alaska (aka Alaska Adventures) virtual airlines.  They both offer great tours and routes, as well as hosting various fly-in events.
     Now for the important part.  You can find the bar at Misty's Place, just a couple miles southwest of Ketchikan airport.  (install Misty's Place, the hub of activity for the Ketchikan bush pilots).  It is all virtual, of course.  So don't bring real money, it's no good here.
     Again, welcome to the community.  Take some time to read the background story about Misty's Place and who the heck Misty is anyway.  You'll be glad you did.

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Phil Hawkey

« Reply #985 on: March 27, 2016, 05:24:34 PM »
The bar is at Misty's Place airfield, you can't miss it, it'll be the one everyone is walking into, waiting for ya'

I found it!  But no money folks; I'm broke after filling up the Pawnee with AVGAS at Misty's prices.

I suppose it costs a fortune to haul 100 octane into Misty's.  Can I get credit at Misty's Bar please? :-)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #986 on: March 27, 2016, 06:48:16 PM »
Can I get credit at Misty's Bar please?

You can see Misty about some dishes that need washing, and the buildings need painting,  ... and the runway needs smoothing out too.  ;)

(You do know those buildings should not be black, don't you?  We'll have to get that fixed.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:51:19 PM by jeff3163 »

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #987 on: March 28, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »
Sure looks like a missing Library object doesn't it?  Phil, have you installed the Scenery Object Tester?

Link to the download:

http://return.mistymoorings.com/object_libraries_build/#objtest

8)
Later,

Spud

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #988 on: March 28, 2016, 10:51:11 AM »
He's not missing the object. It's a texture issue. If the object was missing you wouldn't see a black looking building and wouldn't see at all anything at the location. Most likely it's the old duplicate texture syndrome.
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support

ualani

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #989 on: March 28, 2016, 05:31:33 PM »
Phil,
FSXP3D ez-vintage_hangers.bgl is the library that contains the object that looks black. You obviously have this library installed since we can see the shape of the building but it's all black. Now do a system search for the following files which define the textures that the building object needs:

BROWN RUST 128.DDS
HANGER OLD 2 A.DDS
HANGER OLD 2 A_LM.DDS
HANGER OLD 2 B.DDS
HANGER OLD 2 C.DDS
RUSTY METAL BLUE.DDS
RUSTY METAL GREEN.BMP
SCRATCHED METAL YELLOW.DDS

Do a Windows system search for each file.  If you have more than one copy of any or all of these on your system, then this probably indicates your problem. If so, post back and we'll help you through the process of what you need to do.

Steve
Custom Objects Design
Legacy Scenery Design
Support