Author Topic: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)  (Read 990104 times)

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Watercraft-Panels-Paint
Re: Hi, I'm new! (introduce yourself here)
« Reply #555 on: January 04, 2014, 05:54:09 PM »
Hello Asheroo,
     Welcome to RTMM, and the forum.  Glad you poked your head in to say "hi".  Time is wearing on FSX and P3Dv2 is a fresh change (heart transplant) for our flightsim.  You will like flying the little float planes down "in" the bush.  Use a Scout amphibian and stay low and fly along the shorelines at 500' to 1,000' feet.  Come in with flaps extended and flare your floats up at the last minute.  I think of a duck landing.  Is that wierd?  I love the amphibians, and the beaver is my favorite one.   ;)
     Anyway, welcome to the flock.   ;D

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #556 on: January 04, 2014, 09:45:18 PM »
Hi Ashley,

Welcome back!   Glad to see that you are going to give RTMM your attention.....the site has only gotten better since you were last here.  Though you are from down under, I have no problem picturing where you live since I have been to Brisbane twice.  The City Cat is really a great means of water transportation down there.   I live near Tampa so can appreciate your good weather too!

We are very friendly here so if you have any questions don't be afraid to ask.   Have fun!

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #557 on: January 05, 2014, 05:31:32 AM »
Hi Ashley,
Welcome on RTMM...as you aleady know, I'm sure, this is an amazing place and great community for the bush-flyers. Have fun!!

We should also speak about your next visit to Misty's Place....you know then it' s up to you for the next round of free virtual beer there :D ;).....I like mine well cooled ;D

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

FSRobert

• Misty Moorings Team
  • Videography & Scenery Testing
« Reply #558 on: January 05, 2014, 05:49:16 AM »
Hej Asheroo, nice to see you making a come-back.

Hope to see in the forums and try to make it over to the screen shot forum and post a few, always a pleasure seeing the adventurers of pilots around here.

word of warning... flying Hooch to the thirsty dwellers in the RTTM area is against the law.  So, best to mark the jugs as Beaver oil not to cause suspicion.  ??? 
Keep The FSFaith People

https://vimeo.com/channels/mistymooringvideography

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #559 on: January 05, 2014, 08:47:52 AM »
Welcome back to RTMM Ashley,
Low, slow, below the ridge lines is the technique to really enjoy the scenery of the RTMM area provided by ORBX.  When the 3 phase installers for their scenery are made available to port regions/airports into P3D v2.0 there should be no problem using RTMM destinations in that sim.  At the moment however it would be prudent to utilize FSX with ORBX and RTMM for the full features of our scenery.
 8)
Later,

Spud

Asheroo

« Reply #560 on: January 05, 2014, 07:33:55 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome all! :)

Low and slow is indeed a lot of fun and makes for great adventurous flights below the low clouds. It's all in the art of Alaskan/Misty Fjords flying. I do have my excitement with flying the jets up high and twin turboprops fast and low but Alaskan flying brings in a new world of excitement.

So far I've managed to install my Orbx products and RTMM scenery well into P3Dv2 with a few little tricks and all is working very well. May post up some screens when I next remember to hit the V key.

As for the beer, I rarely drink alcohol but I'm very happy with iced chocolates (caffeine does me no good). Oh the looks I got from cafe staff during my times in Canada when I ordered iced chocolates there while outside it was -10C to -20C. :) I do love the cold. I'm no fan of the weather at my place.

One query, would be interesting to see the responses: Does anyone have any tips as to how to make up one's mind of where to fly from and where to (apart from the dispatches and trip tics)?
- Ashley.

Efficiency & Effectiveness. Honesty & Modesty. Experiencing & Sharing.

Agood

« Reply #561 on: January 19, 2014, 05:07:50 AM »
Hi forum, I'm new as well, just installed CIRP about a week ago, and yesterday a bunch of other addons. And it's really a relevation, how much more fun one can have with the already brilliant ORBX regions up there!
I also just started flying helicopters again, which goes double well with RTMM scenery - very very nice experiences so far.

The one little gripe I have is with the missing DX10 compatibility of many addons, but I'm happy to wait for coverage to improve.

This I found while exploring southwards from Misty's Place yesterday, on my first flight from there:

spud

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #562 on: January 19, 2014, 10:02:58 AM »
Welcome to RTMM Agood,
Nice screen shot by the way.  As far as DX10 files some locations have been modified to display correctly in DX10 by substituing a non-compatible object with another that works with DX10.  This was being done prior to the "DX10 fixer" program that has become available for purchase.  If you check out some posts in the forums there are many that talk about this program.
I can't give you exact info as I do not use DX10 etc. adhering to the KISS principal.  I'm not sure if more of the location will be given the DX10 treatment or not now that the 'fixer' program seems to do that for those that are DX10 users.
All that being said not of course is the really important info.  The guys and gals will meet you at Misty's Place for the "New Guy" to buy the beer!!   ;D
 8)
Later,

Spud

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #563 on: January 19, 2014, 10:37:57 AM »
Yay!!!  More beer!!!   ;D

Welcome to RTMM, Agood.   8)

Win10Pro64, MSFS 1.25.9.0, P3Dv4.3.29.25520, AMD Ryzen7 1800X@3.6 GHz , 32Gb RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 2x42" Vizio Monitors, HTC Vive VR HMD, Saitek Yoke/Pedals/trim wheel, XBox360 Controller, G27 steering wheel w/shifter+pedals. :P

Agood

« Reply #564 on: January 19, 2014, 12:35:41 PM »
Thanks guys!

Btw I run Steve's DX10 Fixer - that program was the turning point that finally made it feasible, painless, and significantly better overall than running DX9 mode. But it doesn't fix everything, notably some older, FS9 portover objects for example. So I will appreciate any updates to affected RTMM scenery...

jeff3163

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #565 on: January 19, 2014, 01:00:45 PM »
I think work will begin soon to convert all fs9 objects to FSX for compatibility with P3Dv2 (and FSX).  That has been discussed recently already.

An effort needs to be made in that direction, for both FSX/dx10 and P3Dv2's benefit.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 01:04:08 PM by jeff3163 »

stiletto2

• Misty Moorings Team
« Reply #566 on: January 19, 2014, 01:37:39 PM »
Hi Agwood,

Welcome to RTMM.   I too am hoping someone from the ORBX community converts all of the FS9 textures for P3Dv2 compatibility.   It will be a big job especially to convert the animated objects.  The problem right now is need a tech who is using P3Dv2 and has time to work on the conversion.

Luckily, there are quite a few sceneries in the RTMM library that are at least DX10 ready.

Rod

corbu1

• RTMM Team Test Pilot
« Reply #567 on: January 19, 2014, 02:37:41 PM »
Hi Agood,
welcome here on RTMM!!!!
Good news you like flying  helicopters!

Have fun here....and I wait at Misty`s bar for the next round of beer! ;)

P3Dv5.2HF1,ASP3D,MV WR,FirefighterX,OVRtoolkit,FreeAirMap;RXP GTN, VRK
i9 10900K;32GB3600RAM;Strix3090;SSD 970EvoPlus500GB Win10;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB P3D;SSD 970EvoPlus2TB XPlane;SSD 860Evo1TB DCS;HDD 4TB;VivePro;HOTASWarthog;Komodo Pedals

Agood

« Reply #568 on: January 20, 2014, 03:09:58 AM »
@corbu1, I was sitting at Misty's yesterday afternoon actually, over a cup of coffee in between missions. Before anyone could join me though dispatch called - had to pick up a logger who'd been crushed between two tree trunks in Dora's, and fly him over to Ketchikan for treatment... but I'll be back ;)

Trex3D

• Playin' too much video games ain't gettin' u laid!
« Reply #569 on: January 20, 2014, 03:22:53 AM »
Ahh.. Another rotorhead who does B222 medevac. You'll be amazed how much this e-community has to offer plus the friendlies in here.. Welcome to the northwest frontier playground thru RTMM Agood!  :D

Flying a helicopter - the most fun you can have with your hand between your legs and not go blind.